Anyone training for 1/2 marathon or marathon?

Options

Replies

• tmcowan
    tmcowan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    1st HM of this year in May and 1st tri of the year in June. Considering a full marathon in the fall, we'll see how things go :smile:
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Doing an underground 10k in two weeks and signed up for the Hospital Hill Half Marathon in early June.
  • Raasy
    Raasy Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I have a half in 20 days :noway: eeekkkk!!!!! Feb. 2
    Another one on May 4th.
    Maybe a couple of 5 or 10ks in between, and I might be thinking of doing a couple more races later in the year. I need to get past these 2 halfs first.
  • arl1286
    arl1286 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I have a 10 miler in April. I want to do another half also, but what with graduating college and moving to a new place (hopefully) to start a job (gulp), I'm not sure when/where that will work out to be.
  • fittertanme
    fittertanme Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    doing my first half marathon in birmingham uk in october
  • julie_emma1
    Options
    My race schedule for the year:

Vancouver Half Marathon - May 2014
    Seattle Rock and Roll Half Marathon - June 2014
    Goodlife Fitness Victoria Half or Marathon (Probably half) - October 2014

I've done one HM before and didn't train too much - just aimed "to finish." This year I've been building up a mileage base and hope to train more consistently this spring. I hope to finish Vancouver under 2h. We'll see!
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    So far I've got a half in Arizona next month and the North Olympic Discovery Half here in WA in June on my calendar. I believe those are half marathons #21 and #22.
  • wombat94
    wombat94 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Philly Rock 'n Roll Half in September (HM #7 for me) and then the Philadelphia Marathon in November (my first full).

I'll probably pick up a spring/early summer half to check where I am in my training, but I haven't decided yet.
  • GenoPrice
    GenoPrice Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Training for my first HM in March. Limassol Cyprus HM supposed to be really good for a beginner as it's flat along the seafront and shouldn't be too hot in Cyprus in March.
  • KristiRTT
    KristiRTT Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    My first Full Marathon is Lake Placid in June! I might race a 1/2 while training and there is a really nice 1/2 in Saratoga in September! I don't race too much because of the costs!
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    I will aim to do around 12+ races this year. I have already signed up to 3 10k races, a HM and and a marathon and know of about 6-7 more that I will definitely sign up for later in the year.
  • mandijjones
    mandijjones Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am! I live in South Korea at the moment. Plan to do another half before I move from here. I am also training for something called a "climbathon". It's a run/hike through the mountains. It's approximately 10 K and it's in April.

Feel free to add me!
  • wattsywoo
    wattsywoo Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Im in the UK-

Have a Half Marathon planned for october.
  • Daisy471
    Daisy471 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    <<<<<My next half.
    I am training for a 25k this spring and considering a marathon this fall.

The Riverbank run? My sister did that last year and loved it.
  • sawjan
    sawjan Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I am doing my first half in May and my second half in August.

March - 8K Shamrock Run
    April - 5K
    May - 5K & Buffalo Half
    June - possible bike Ride for Roswell (42 miles)?
    July - ?
    August - 5K & Biggest Loser Half
    September - 5K & Dirty Girl (5K Mud Run)
    October - 5K & Muddy Viking (4 mile mud run)
    November - 8K Turkey Trot
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    I'm going to tackle my first full in Nashville on April 26. Hope to get a couple halfs in too!
  • mudgekin1
    mudgekin1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Running the Disney Princess Challenge - 10k Sat , Half Sunday in Feb; Cherry Blossom 10 miler in April; North Face Endurance 50k in June! First 50k. along with various 5ks mixed in there - Good luck!
  • sazrina
    sazrina Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK and i'm training for my first half marathon in May. I'm using the Hal Higdon novice training plan
  • cjgray04
    cjgray04 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I need some friends that are also training for races!

My planned races this year:
    DC rock and roll 1/2 marathon
    Pittsburgh 1/2 marathon
    Hands on House 1/2 marathon (local)
    My son and I are planning on running the Baltimore half in October. Would like to hear how the DC RnR goes. Sounds like a blast!
  • Greytfish
    Greytfish Posts: 810
    Options
    I'm training for a half. And then my second full.

I'm pretty much always training for a half, but I like races and seeing new places.

I'm coimng abck from 2 months off at this point. (Off running, not training in general)