Funny thing I saw today

Options
Saw a group of 3 people running together in matching clothes all listening to ipods. Now I understand that people like to listen to music when they exercise but when I would run with mates we would generally chat to each other (unless we were charging). Seems kind of pointless to me, may as well run by yourself.

What are some funny exercise stories you have seen/done?

Replies

• AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I love the people on bikes, smoking. Kinda defeats the purpose!!! :tongue:
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options

I have seen people standing outside the gym smoking! I was like, WTF???

I also have seen people leave the gym and head straight for McDonalds. So all their hard work is moot...
  • Starlyte123
    Options
    There's a gym here that offers a monthly pizza party as part of its advertising. So let's see...I work out all month and then at the end I go and eat pizza and ruin all my hard work? No thanks :)
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    There's a gym here that offers a monthly pizza party as part of its advertising. So let's see...I work out all month and then at the end I go and eat pizza and ruin all my hard work? No thanks :)

Sounds like THAT is how they are making their money. :huh: That way, you keep paying to go lose the weight they just helped you gain!!! CRAZY!
  • MISTTIMG
    MISTTIMG Posts: 136
    Options
    I worked at 24-hour fitness for 6 years and it always amazed me how some people would circle the parking lot until they could park close to front door without having to walk far, Then come into the gym and get on a treadmill and walk for miles!
  • beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    today I saw a woman working out at the gym, while wearing a skirt. It wasn't super short, it was like knee length, but it definitely made me take a double take.
  • Lyadeia
    Options
    I worked at 24-hour fitness for 6 years and it always amazed me how some people would circle the parking lot until they could park close to front door without having to walk far, Then come into the gym and get on a treadmill and walk for miles!

I always thought that was hilarious! Where I used to live was about 1/2 mile at the most from the gym that I went to. And when I said I was going to walk to the gym, my boyfriend looked at me like I was crazy and drove me there. Then I would run like 5 miles on the treadmill and he'd drive me home.

But he's an EX boyfriend now, so he can get fatter and fatter and I don't care. LOL :bigsmile:
  • Lyadeia
    Options
    today I saw a woman working out at the gym, while wearing a skirt. It wasn't super short, it was like knee length, but it definitely made me take a double take.

Maybe she's one of those weird people that doesn't believe women should wear pants? I could never workout in a skirt though.
  • carlajp18
    carlajp18 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    There is a really great bike and jogging trail near my house and it still cracks me up when I see people using the trail in their pajamas and flip flops (no joke) just to walk their dog. I'm thinking, "can't you just walk your dog closer to home if you don't want to work out?"

People are funny! That is a nice way of saying, people are dumb! lol
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

I also have seen people leave the gym and head straight for McDonalds. So all their hard work is moot...

I had a buddy who would take a smoke break in the middle of his treadmill session.
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • pinky1988
    Options
    JEANS!!! Its one of my pet peeves to see ppl work out in jeans, Jeans are so heavy, uncomfortable when wet, and restricting!!

Maybe jeans are apart of some resistance training I didn't get the memo on :huh:
  • mizyvee
    mizyvee Posts: 74 Member
    Options

lol, it does sound funny. However I may have a reason other that laziness. There is alot of auto theft/burglaries at the gyms around town. The closer your car is to the front and being seen by staff the safer it seems.
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options

i was one of those people haha :laugh:
  • bubbaduts
    bubbaduts Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I used to smoke before and after working out. It never lasted long the working out part. When I quit smoking 5 months ago is the only time I ever got serious about exercising. The people that can smoke and still work out i'm impressed it's not easy at all
  • carrie145
    Options
    JEANS!!! Its one of my pet peeves to see ppl work out in jeans, Jeans are so heavy, uncomfortable when wet, and restricting!!

Maybe jeans are apart of some resistance training I didn't get the memo on :huh:

There was a guy at my gym working out in blue jeans and COWBOY BOOTS!!!
  • gracienkaidens_momma
    Options
    Saw a group of 3 people running together in matching clothes all listening to ipods. Now I understand that people like to listen to music when they exercise but when I would run with mates we would generally chat to each other (unless we were charging). Seems kind of pointless to me, may as well run by yourself.

What are some funny exercise stories you have seen/done?

I can't believe no one mentioned the hilarity with the three people in matching clothes!! Haha! Why would anyone do that??? Are they in elementary school? LOL
  • MISTTIMG
    MISTTIMG Posts: 136
    Options

lol, it does sound funny. However I may have a reason other that laziness. There is alot of auto theft/burglaries at the gyms around town. The closer your car is to the front and being seen by staff the safer it seems.

Yes that is true about the burglaries at gyms, but some of these people I knew personally and they admitted it was just a habit trying to park up close. Also while on the subject of car burglaries at gyms; the best place to park in on the aisle right in front of the gym entrance, it doesn't matter if you're close to the door or not, just park on that aisle, the worse place to park is on the side.
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    Having cheat days are actually good for your metabolism and I would kill to see a person completely undo a month of hard work in a single sitting. The amount of food they'd need to scarf down would be staggering. 3500 calories = 1lb. That could make for some good entertainment. Jared from Subway used to scarf down 10K+ calories a day!!!! That is crazy!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options

Maybe she's one of those weird people that doesn't believe women should wear pants? I could never workout in a skirt though.

i discovered running skirts and i LOVE them!!! i don't think i will ever go back to shorts. i like the comfort and looking cute. lol.

http://www.skirtsports.com/