100 days in...

Options
Well I've officially been on MFP for 100 days (no skipping!) and it has been an amazing journey so far! I don't have pictures to share YET, but hopefully in another 100 days I will! I am almost half way to my 69.5lb goal - and no way when I began in October did I think that a few months and over the holidays especially that I would have come so far.

To many of you 31.5 lbs may not seen like a lot, but to me it is a huge life change. I am finally starting to feel confident again and even getting compliments at work! My energy level is so much higher than it has been the past couple of years and my closet is no longer a place to be dreaded. Working out is still not "fun" despite what people say - but I am slowly shifting to the mindset that I feel worse on the days I don't than those I do :laugh: !

Thank you MFP community for your support - your inspiring stories - and your feedback to a newbies questions! Keep up the amazingness :wink:

Replies

• Pippa_ttc
    Pippa_ttc Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I think that's an amazing loss in 100 days especially when you don't have much to lose to start with! (well, compared to mine at least :blushing: )
    Congrats and good luck with the rest of your journey :flowerforyou:
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    You have done amazing! You should be so proud! I wish that I could say I have come as far as you! May I ask what you have been doing to get such success in such a short amount of time? Congrats to you :)
  • lydiaannepage
    lydiaannepage Posts: 172 Member
    Options

Sherisse - honestly just really trying to stay as close to my calorie limit as possible, having a cheat meal about once a week but the rest of the days staying at my goal, and working out 5 days a week. Often I only have time for 35 mins, but on the weekends I try to do a good 45mins to an hour plus of activity, even if its just a nice long hike.

I log everything every day - even if it is really a huge day (like Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years!!! :drinker: ) and if I have a really bad day or two I try to make up for it the next few days so that for the week I'm still even. It really is all about calories in calories out - so I really believe honest constant logging and staying active can make anyone slimmer! :happy:
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Hey, when you have 70lbs to lose.... 30 is A LOT. Great job... keep going!
  • snowshimmer
    Options
    You go girl! You are an inspiration to me. 31+ pounds is an amazing accomplishment - plus you are over half way there!!
  • lydiaannepage
    Options
    Thanks chickadee - its fabulous MFP friends like you that keep me going!! :flowerforyou:
  • craigheon
    craigheon Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Wow, congratulations to you on only 100 days and 30 lbs! Great job! Keep it up! You are well on your way!
  • Marlene1667
    Marlene1667 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    That is huge! You are doing great!
  • zortgirl
    zortgirl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wow - what a great start! Congratulations!
  • JaimeLaRae
    JaimeLaRae Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    31.5 pounds is awesome! I just did the math if I can do the same thing, I could hit my goal for my birthday in April! You are an inspiration!!!
  • lydiaannepage
    Options
    Thanks everyone and good luck on your journeys also! It's so fantastic to see so many motivated people!! :bigsmile:
  • alexisbrisby
    alexisbrisby Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Congrats! What was your calorie intake and what all do you do for exercise?
  • lydiaannepage
    Options
    Calories.... around 1200 on days I was super lazy - 1400-1600 most weekends - and ate back about half of my exercise calories. It's not an exact science, I don't measure my food with a scale, but I do log everything that goes into my mouth so I figure my counts are +/- 100 calories every day.

I don't do gyms so for me it has been a combination of my elliptical and recumbant exercise bike at home and workout DVDs, I started with the Wii Fit - then Harley Pasternak's Hollywood Workout and now I am doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred (with two "rest" days per week when I hike or do light exercise instead. :smile:

I think it is about finding what works for you though. If I am hungry I eat. There is nothing I have "cut out" of my diet, although I do drink a lot more water than I used to, and rarely have coffee now. As far as exercise - I just try to make myself do at least 30 mins 5 days a week of whatever I enjoy, and keep moving throughout the day.

Good Luck in your journey!! :flowerforyou:
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing and... inspiring :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!