What do you eat?

Options
Hi...I recently joined and am starting to lose a little weight, however, I'm getting bored with my diet. I usually have a bowl of special k with almond milk and a cup of coffee for breakfast...an apple or yogurt for lunch..and then I eat dinner like I usually do. I limit myself to one soda a day (at supper) and the rest I drink flavored water. So, I was curious, what does everybody else eat?

Replies

• jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Whatever I feel like it. I dont limit my self to anything I dont "diet" I just eat less then what I used to now...Its a life style change that I plan on sticking with for the rest of my life...If you want ideas you can look at my diary
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Whatever I want to, just sensible portions.
    Avocados
    Peanut Butter
    Pasta
    Rice
    French Fries
    tator Tots
    Seriously. I would die if I ate that little at lunch.
  • mungowungo
    mungowungo Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    It varies - eggs, vegetables, meat, tinned tuna, fruit, yoghurt, ice cream. My diary is open if you want to look.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I decide that this time it's going to be different. That this time, i won't restrict my foods. That this time I won't arbitrarily label foods as "good" or "bad" or "healthy" or "unhealthy." That I won't cook separate meals. That I won't sit and eat some boring, tasteless thing while my family enjoy pizza or whatever else they want. That eating out IS an option. That I am not on a diet, but rather I have begun the process of fundamentally changing how I view food. And, with all that said and put in practice, I eat all the foods I love. I cook the recipes my family enjoys. I just make steps to be sure that my portions are accurate and reasonable. I love it!!!
  • Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I get bored fairly easily, so I change it up a lot. Just make sure you keep your portion sizes in check, and you'll be fine! Feel free to add me as a friend and take a look at my diary for ideas.

Examples of what I eat:

Breakfast
    Quest bar, eggs and turkey bacon, English muffin with peanut butter or a smoothie

Lunch
    Leftovers, a big salad with grilled chicken, tuna sandwich on wheat bread or broccoli slaw with chicken sausage

Dinner
    Pretty much anything. This week's meal plan includes homemade ramen, tacos, quiche w/ salad, lemon parmesan tilapia...etc...
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    Yesterday for breakfast I had a mushroom, onion, red pepper, roasted sweet potato fritatta, with 2 pieces of toast and butter followed by full fat greek yogurt with some frozen blueberries and strawberries.

Lunch was panco breaded pickerel that I caught ice fishing cooked in duck fat.....I had some fortunately.....with a medley of roasted veg and an apple.

Dinner was duck confit poutine that had cheese curds from a local cheese company and the gravy was from the duck I've recently used in a few recipes.

Later on 1/2 pint of Hagen Daz rockey road.
  • gypsyone96
    gypsyone96 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I like to start my day off light with a smoothie. I have three favorites
    1. Spinach + Hershey's Unsweetened Cocoa Powder + Almond Milk
    2. Pomegranate seeds + Greek Yogurt + Almond Milk
    3. Banana + Black coffee + Almond Milk

Then I usually have a midmorning snack of two pieces of dark chocolate

For lunch I have some kind of protein (tilapia, chicken breast, etc...) and a side of veggies

Then I'll have a banana in the afternoon

Dinner is the same as lunch, just a dif. protein
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I just had some really nice soup. Pea and Spinach
    and a massive yoghurt
  • Shreddingitnow
    Options
    Mornings i like egg wraps!
    Lunch protein salads
    Dinner breakfast foods are fun!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Everything.

Today the plan is a couple of scrambled eggs with leftover chili for breakfast, oatmeal with greek yogurt, honey and berries for lunch, bbq chicken sandwiches for dinner with sweet potato fries. And snacks in between...no idea what those will be yet. And a protein shake after I lift.
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't mind eating some asian out today. Take-out that is
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options

Let's meet for lunch! Oh wait...I'm Caucasian. Sorry.
  • mamahannick
    mamahannick Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    My favorites:
    -oatmeal (w/peanut butter and either raisins or half a banana cut up)
    -Greek yogurt, cottage cheese
    -apples, oranges, grapes
    -baby carrots w/hummus, cucumber slices w/salsa
    -lots of salads (this week I've been topping them with lots of veggies, tuna fish, cheese, and raspberry vinaigrette for lunch)
    -low fat string cheese
    -chicken breast, salmon, tilapia
    -steamed veggies, sweet potatoes
    -peanut butter just with a spoon (I am a peanut butter addict)
  • trinity5703
    Options
    Yesterday Breakfast was a fried egg (used cooking spray) on an English muffin, Yogurt, fresh pineapple, a
    Lunch was a spinach salad with half a boiled egg, diced turkey and salad dressing
    Dinner was grilled chicken, green beans, carrots, a dinner roll and some strawberries with lowcal whipped cream for desert
  • spiralated
    spiralated Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Same as many people, I tend to eat a bit of everything. Generally though I like full fat plain yogurt and some sort of fruit and coffee for breakfast. Once a week though I tend to throw it out the window and have a bacon/egg/cheese sandwich or eggs and hashbrowns. unsweetened hot tea and water throughout the day. Lunch can vary from pasta cooked with veggies and a light sauce to take out for working lunch meetings. Generally its larger portioned then dinner because I'm hungry at lunch.

Dinner usually has meat 2 -3 times a week and other proteins the rest. I'm a big fan of cheese. Last night was spicy lentil, barely and veggie soup. Tonight will be slow cooker beef stew and tomorrow will be this fun recipe called 'Dragon Noodles' from budgetbytes.com

I'm not good at logging (fail) but I can say planning dinners two weeks in advance (even if its more of a suggestion then a rule) has cut down on our grocery bill and lets me plan my first two meals to balance out the dinner meal.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Yeah an all you can eat buffet would be the ticket. :smokin:
  • KnM0107
    KnM0107 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I would be starving on your diet! Do really have an apple OR yogurt for LUNCH and that's it?

I just meet my macro and micro goals and I eat enough colories per day to fuel body while losing. I don't really diet so I can eat any food that helps get me to my goals.
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I'm a creature of habit, in large part because I stay pretty busy throughout the day, so my usual breakfast is a muffin made from flax seed, a big salad for lunch and then dinner is some sort of meat plus 1-2 veggies (depending on remaining macros). Weekends I switch it up a bit because I have more time to cook, but otherwise I stay pretty consistent.
  • proud2bfromwv
    proud2bfromwv Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I started my diet that way and started to lose a little, but now I'm afraid to change it up. So, I really appreciate all the posts on this topic!
  • proud2bfromwv
    proud2bfromwv Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would be starving on your diet! Do really have an apple OR yogurt for LUNCH and that's it?

I just meet my macro and micro goals and I eat enough colories per day to fuel body while losing. I don't really diet so I can eat any food that helps get me to my goals.