When was your last straw that made you want to change?

Options

Replies

• Butterfly2022MD
    Butterfly2022MD Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I hit my all time high that exceeded my weight from two pregnancies and I said this is it!
  • Butterfly2022MD
    Butterfly2022MD Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    joined MFP and lost about 15 ponds and then gained 20 so I weigh more than I did when I joined. Plus not only am I at an all time high, I weigh more than I did in both of my pregnancies. I can't bend down to the ground and get back up so I have to have my 4 year old son pick up stuff for me.

I am so over this..
  • Arne_becomesxXx
    Arne_becomesxXx Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Talked to a friend and he joked around that I can´t see my XXXXXX anymore.

He was right! :sad:

That was one of the saddest moments ever!
  • xchelsae
    xchelsae Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've wanted to lose weight because I am tired of covering up in the summertime. I'm only 25 years old, so I shouldn't be embarrassed to wear a sleeveless shirt. I'm tired of buying XL clothes. Plus I'm getting married in September so I'm hoping that gives me the extra motivation I've been needing!
  • SarahJains
    SarahJains Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I was trying on a dress in New Look. I saw myself from the back in those cleverly placed mirrors... I did not recognise myself. The dress didn't fit me and I was mortified. I tried on another dress, hoping it was just the style and cut... it wasn't :(.
    My dress size had increased right then and there.

I knew I had to change!!!
  • SarahJains
    SarahJains Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I see people in my family giving me funny looks and then eying up my belly... they must think i'm pregnant and it makes me really self conscious. It's upsetting when they make you feel awkward about yourself.
  • angelarose111
    angelarose111 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I was just sick of feeling lazy and tired. I started working from home a year ago and I gained 40 pounds during that time. I realized that I better do something to reverse that trend or I was going to be in big trouble sooner or later.
  • bloggymomx
    Options
    A few reasons.

1.) I want to look better for my boyfriend
    2.) I want to be healthy for my kids
    3.) My fat jeans feel tight on me and that scares me...
  • ladydub1816
    Options
    When none of my clothes fit, and the ones that did are a size I've NEVER fit in before. When I looked at my family Christmas photos and realized I was the biggest person in all of the photos. And when I realized I was tired of being tired and lazy.AND, when I realized that I can't run anymore when I used to run miles without effort.
  • HannahInHawaii
    HannahInHawaii Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Alot of things...

I weighed more than my boyfriend which really made me feel horrible lol
    Also, I can't sit in a chair for long periods of time because I have a short torso and the extra weight puts too much pressure on my ribcage. Sad but true haha :laugh:
  • TheWretchedFat
    TheWretchedFat Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    A guy was trying to get fresh with me and my friend told me everyone knows he only goes after fat chicks :frown: I think I was 15 years old at the time :/
  • melissaann009
    Options
    When I went through my clothes and ended up packing two boxes full (over half my wardrobe) because they no longer fit:/
  • Tebroda
    Tebroda Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I could feel the fat rolls on my back move when I walked...eewwwwww! Gaining 15 pounds in the first 3 weeks of Dec will do that to ya :D
  • murray2104
    Options
    When my wife showed me one of my old military pictures and I realized I hadn't seen that guy in a looong time. So I decided to take a journey and see if I could find his older self. I'm starting to feel like he's still there I just need to work a little harder to bring him back out.

The wife can't wait to see him again either ♥
  • seattle_hd
    seattle_hd Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I started feeling worse and worse, no energy. I look frumpy in my clothes. My husband made comments about my eating habits (although, truthfully I didn't eat that badly) and looks (stares) at other women who are much thinner.

Diagnosed with hypothyroid, and finally feeling back to normal after a year of searching what was going wrong with me. (docs kept saying oh, its just perimenopause) then scale started dropping and I have more energy to do my workouts and normal every day things. Came here to keep myself motivated and hopefully moving forward.

What I can't believe is that it's been 8-9 years that I have been heavy. I wish I would have taken notice much earlier and appreciated myself when I was thin. I have no memory of what that felt like and truthfully I really felt like I was thin… even saw a thin person in the mirror. It wasn't until I saw myself in photos with friends I realized I'm the fat girl in the group.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    When I saw the scale hit 178 pounds. I knew if I didn't get ahold of it then, I would hit 180 and keep going. At 5'3" it had to stop. So I woke up one morning and decided to change. And so I did. I've never looked back!
  • sandrac148
    sandrac148 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Walking by a mirror in a store and thinking it was another woman - I didn't recognize myself.
    Turning sideways and seeing that my belly was now even with my boobs.
    Feeling uncomfortable in jeans with "muffin top" and wearing "fat stretchy pants" instead
    Realizing that I weigh more now than I did at 9 months pregnant with my daughter.
    Not wanting to take meds for my high blood pressure.
  • kkows
    kkows Posts: 19
    Options
    Sleeping became too painful. Acid reflux, aching back and joints and trouble breathing. I got to the point where I dreaded sleeping. It's still bad, but I'm beginning to notice a difference.
  • jennifer_255
    jennifer_255 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    lost my pperiods :( to being such a fat lump
  • jent752012
    Options
    I saw a video of myself recently. I'm always the one taking photos and videos of people so I rarely ever see myself. I saw that I was the same size and even larger than some people that I thought were REALLY big. I never compare myself to other people, but this was shocking ... I kept re-playing it over and over, in shock that the person I was looking at was really me. :embarassed: :frown: