Bump
  • paniolo5
    paniolo5 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    I make Rachael Ray Soups all the time. They arn't slow cooker soups but I can make most of them in 30 minutes. My favorites that are low cal orie are he black bean soup and her salsa stoup.

I also love tehe Chicken satay noodle soup and the italian sub stoup but those have more calories. You can cut the calorie sin teh satay soup but not serving it over noodles.

I also love celery root soup

1 mediun celery root grated
    1 mediun onion
    evoo
    1 box chicken or vegetable stock
    seasonng blind like herbamare or ms. dash
    sald and pepper to taste

cook onion and celery root in evoo until tinder
    add stock
    season to you liking
    brign to a boil
    simmer for 10 minutes
    eat.

depending on the stock you use this soup can have as little at 60 cal per bowl and has lots of fiber from teh celery root.
  • kbeardmore22
    kbeardmore22 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    bump for great ideas
  • trinitylyons01
    trinitylyons01 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I really need to pull out my crock pot!
  • TheChocolatePrincess
    Options
    I made a vegetable soup that my fiance LOVES (I was SHOCKED)...i don't really measure anything, but this is the basic recipe:

Onion
    Carrot
    Green Peppers
    Cabbage
    Mushroom
    Jalapeno (Fresh)
    3 Cans of Stewed Tomatoes
    Chicken Tomato Boullion
    Water (for consistency, if you want a thicker soup, use less water, if you want a thinner soup use more, basically eyeball it).
    Salt
    Pepper
    Seasoning (to taste)

Simmer all ingredients until carrots and cabbage are soft.

We have been eating this along with our meals. Its a nice boost of veggies and is filling helping us to eat less of the bad stuff and more of the good stuff.

Its a basic vegetable soup recipe so in theory you could add potatoes, pasta, sausage, beef, chicken, turkey, shrimp, etc....To change of the flavor. You could also omit the cabbage and use kale or beans or peas...

Play around with it and see what you like...
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Lots of soup recipes here: http://soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/p/soup.html

A sample:

Cauliflower Leek Soup
    Serves 8

1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
    2 small leeks, cleaned and cut into rings
    4 cups chicken broth
    1 Tbsp light butter
    1 small onion, chopped
    Salt and white pepper, to taste

Heat butter in pot, add in onions and leeks. Heat until tender, but not browned. Add in cauliflower and broth. Simmer, covered until cauliflower is cooked [about 15 min]. Puree in the pot with an immersion or stick blender. Or pulse soup in a blender in two or three batches, until smooth. Return to pan and season with salt and white pepper.

Optional Garnishes: 2% cheddar cheese, light sour cream, bacon bits, and chives.

Shrimp Corn and Tomato Soup
    Makes 6 servings

Ingredients

2 tablespoons olive oil
    1 green bell pepper, diced
    2 medium onions, diced
    6 ribs of celery, sliced
    1 clove garlic, minced
    4 cups chicken or shrimp broth
    1 (15 oz.) can cream corn
    1 (15 oz.) can diced tomato (undrained)
    1 bay leaf
    1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
    1 lb. (26-30 count) shrimp, peeled and deveined
    Kosher salt, to taste
    Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
    Red pepper flakes, to taste
    Creole seasoning, to taste
    Green onions, sliced
    1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley

Directions

Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the bell pepper, onion and celery; season with salt and black pepper. Sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the broth, corn, tomato and bay leaf; simmer for 10 minutes.

Season shrimp with creole seasoning. Add the shrimp and jalapeno; cook just until pink and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Taste for seasoning and adjust as necessary with salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes and creole seasoning.

To serve, ladle the soup into individual bowls and sprinkle with the chopped parsley and green onion.

Nutritional Information per serving*: Cal. 200, Carbs. 17, Fat 6, Protein 19, Calcium 8, Fiber 3.

Southwestern Style Vegetable Soup
    Serves 12; generous 1 cup serving

Ingredients

1-1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
    1 med. onion, chopped
    2 carrots, diced
    2 celery ribs, sliced
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
    1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
    2 Tbsp. Masa Harina (corn flour)
    1 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
    1/2 tsp black pepper, or to taste
    1/8 tsp red pepper flakes, or to taste
    1/2 tsp dried Mexican oregano
    1/4 tsp cumin, ground
    8 cups low sodium reduced fat chicken stock
    1 (15 oz) can petite diced tomatoes with chipotle, undrained
    1/2 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed (a scant cup)
    1/2 (15 oz) can corn, drained (a scant cup)
    1/4 tsp chipotle chili powder, or to taste
    Handful cilantro, chopped

Garnishes:
    More cilantro, chopped
    Lime wedges

Directions

Heat olive oil in a large dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrots and celery, sauté until onion in translucent. Add bell peppers and garlic; continue to sauté until peppers begin to soften. Add Masa and spices, stir to combine. Add stock, tomatoes, beans and corn; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, add chili powder and cover. Simmer for 30 minutes. Turn off heat and add cilantro. Serve with additional cilantro and a squirt of lime for a garnish.

Nutrition Facts

Amount Per Serving: Calories 75.3; Total Fat 2.0 g; Saturated Fat 0.3 g; Polyunsaturated Fat 0.3
  • Livestrongalways
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone for all these recipes :) will take me a while to go through them all! Some sound so yummy! All the replies are Very much appreciated x
  • cubsgirlinny
    cubsgirlinny Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rachface1234
    rachface1234 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend made this for me the other night, so yummy and filling and protein packed!
    http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/tuscan-chicken-bean-spinach-soup-10000001882382/

Also my most favorite soup in the whole world, I'd bet you good money you can omit cooking stages and just throw it all in a slow cooker for 8 hours on low:

Pumpkin Turkey Chili
    INGREDIENTS
    • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
    • 1 cup chopped onion
    • 1/2 cup chopped red or orange bell pepper
    • 1/2 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
    • 1 clove garlic, minced
    • 1 pound ground turkey
    • 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
    • 2 cups pumpkin puree
    • 2 cans black beans, rinsed
    • 1 can chili beans
    • 1 cup frozen corn
    • 3/4 cup chicken broth
    • 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
    • 1 tsp cayenne pepper
    • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
    • 1 tbsp cumin
    • 1 tsp dried oregano
    • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
    • 1 dash salt
    • 2 tbsp Cholula hot sauce (optional – but it makes it for me)

DIRECTIONS
    1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and saute the onion, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, and garlic until tender. Stir in the turkey, and cook until evenly brown (add in 1/4 cup chicken broth halfway through). Mix in tomatoes (with juice) and pumpkin, corn, and beans. Season with chili powder, cayenne, cinnamon, cumin, oregano, pepper, and salt. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes. optional: serve topped with sour cream or greek yogurt or cheddar cheese
  • doowop713
    doowop713 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • pastamomma
    pastamomma Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump
  • marx4
    marx4 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I love soups, thanks for the ideas!

Soup is my remedy for a cold day, an easy way to heat up the kitchen. I usually use any meat from the freezer, turkey, ham, beef, chicken, etc.. You can add stock, whatever, based on the meat that you have--=chicken broth for turkey and chicken, ham for ham, beef for hamburger or beef cubes.... Did you know they make ham base/stock? It's great. Granted all the stocks are laden with sodium, but you can buy low sodium ones. Or you can use instant soup mix, lipton onion or whatever, as a base. Or, just use a container of V8 vegetable juice. Then, I add whatever vegs that I have, always the basics, (onion, celery and carrots) even use the leftover ones (peas, carrots, corn, etc...). Then, once the soup has cooked about 1/2 the day or mellowed to your satisfaction, I add ditalini pasta or barley. You can add rice or noodles, whatever you desire. Also, don't forget whatever spices you desire, garlic, Italian spices, poultry seasoning, etc...

Lately, I've been doing pureed soups, I saw the suggestion for butternut squash, that's a yummy one and so easy. I've also been using a lot of cabbage and kale, spinach, and dried beans etc... I also got a pasta accessory for the kitchen aid mixer for Christmas and now I'm doing the noodles from scratch, using different flours, etc... Of course, pasta adds calories, but if you trim the portions, it's not bad and who can't resist homemade noodles!!

I think anything can be a soup, hot or cold, the key is that it gets better with time, each time you heat it!! Good luck! A crock pot is a woman's best friend!
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I wrote this somewhere else but I cant find it:

Lentil Puree soup:

1 cup lentils
    2 large carrots
    1 zucchini squash (yellow or green)
    1 tbsp minced garlic in oil
    1 vegetable bouillon cube or 2-3 cups of vegetable stock
    1 tbsp olive oil

1. Boil lentils until soft and drain.( I prefer to soak them the day before)
    2. Add olive oil to pot. Heat until warm Start chopping vegetables
    3. Add minced garlic to the pot
    4. Sauté chopped vegetable until they are toasted on each side ( a little brownish, not burned)
    5. Add 2-3 cups of water, lentils and vegetable bouillon cube.
    6. Simmer until it is soft.
    7. Once it is soft let soup cool and put in blender.
    8. Season as you wish (I prefer sea salt) and serve heated.

Each serving is like 75-200 calories.
  • feadzy
    feadzy Posts: 22
    Options
    Paprikasoup ♥ (about 8 servings / 80 cals a serving)

800g of red or yellow bellpepper
    1 big onion
    1 tbsp tomato puree
    100 ml cream (or milk, half & half, whatever you want)
    750 ml vegetable stock

I roasted the paprika & onion untill it was soft, then let it cool a bit.
    While mixing the cooled veggies + a thired of the stock until smooth in a blender, start to roast the tomato puree in a pot until fragrant. Add the mixed veggies and the rest of the stock, as well as the cream and until it boils (turn of the heat then).
    Done, reay to serve :)
  • springbreakmission
    springbreakmission Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Bump because I love soup
  • dj59lane
    dj59lane Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Taco Soup

1 lb groiund beef or turkey
    1 onion diced
    1 package taco seasoning
    1 clove garlic
    1 package ranch dressing
    1 can pinto beans
    1 can ranch beans
    1 can black beans
    1 can green chilli
    1 can fire roasted tomatoes

Brown meat onion add seasonings packages
    stir
    Add remaining cans

Great in crockpot

cook 30 miutes season with sour cream, cheese

If on weight watchers this is 2 points
  • DeliriumCanBeFun
    DeliriumCanBeFun Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I have 2 great ones for the slow cooker for you...Chicken Tortilla Soup which is a long time family favorite in my house, and Baked Potato Soup which I just did yesterday for the first time and turned out so good!

Chicken Tortilla Soup
    (I adapted this one off of a recipe on the Betty Crocker site. The beauty of it is that the bean and veggie ingredients can be changed to whatever you like best)
    2 1/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed (can sub thigh meat)
    1 medium yellow onion, chopped
    1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
    3 6" corn tortillas, cut into 1" pieces
    1 1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
    1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
    1 can of great northern beans, rinsed and drained
    1 4.5oz can chopped green chiles
    3/4 cup salsa verde
    4 cups chicken broth
    1 tsp dried oregano leaves
    1 tsp cumin
    1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
    1 can petit diced tomatoes,
    or 2 fresh tomatoes, diced
    Chopped fresh cilantro, if desired (i usually don't)

Combine all ingredients except for tomato and cilantro in crock pot, and cook on low for 5-7 hours or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Stir to break up the tortillas, and add tomatoes and cilantro and serve. We like to eat it with some corn tortilla chips.
    Serves 6, 2 1/4 cups each
    Calories 375, Fat 9g, Carbs 42g, Protein 45g, Sugar 9g, Fiber 9g

Baked Potato Soup
    (Adapted from recipe found through this link http://www.craft-o-maniac.com/2012/09/top-10-fall-winter-soups.html. The recipe called for 5lbs of potatos, but my crock pot only had room for 4 lbs. so i reduced the amounts of the remaining ingredients accordingly.)
    5 lbs. russet potatoes, washed but not peeled, diced into 1/2"ish cubes
    1 medium yellow onion, chopped
    5 cloves garlic, pressed
    8 cups chicken broth
    16 oz cream cheese, softened (i used half fat free and half 1/3 less fat)
    1 Tbs seasoned salt, i used Slap Ya Mama (it's a South Louisiana thing, use your favorite)

Combine all ingredients except for cream cheese in crockpot, and cook on low for 10 hours or high for 6 hours. Use potato masher to smash potatoes to the consistency you would like them, and add cut up softened cream cheese. Put cover on and turn heat up until the cream cheese has melted, and stir well before serving. I used this time to pan fry a pack of bacon (i never do this but had to have for this soup), shred some cheddar cheese and chop some green onions.
    My 4lbs potato altered version (80% of all other ingredients, yes I'm a huge nerd) made 7.5 servings, 2 cups each
    Calories 300, Fat 6g, Carbs 48g, Protein 10g, Sugar 6g, Fiber 4g
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    This one is super easy, healthy depends on your definition....
    If you are familiar with La Madeline tomato basil, this is it.

Creamy Tomato Basil Soup:

4-5 tomatoes roughly chopped
    32 oz tomato juice
    1 tbs sugar
    20-30 basil leaves
    2 cups heavy whipping cream
    1/4 cup unsalted butter

Simmer tomatoes in tomato juice for 30 minutes. Roughly tear up leaves and add to soup along with sugar. Use a stick blender, or allow to cool and pour in to blender/food processor. Return to heat, add cream and butter, simmer to desired thickness.

I make this in super huge batches as it can be canned and stored in the fridge for up to 6 months. Goes great with grilled cheese!

I've heard of substituting fat free half and half and veg oil for the butter but never tried it. The super creamy texture is my favorite part so I'll just deal with the calories. When I plug this in to the recipe calculator here I get about 250 cal/cup serving.
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Bump! Will try to add a recipe later on. Thanks for these everyone! Yum!