Boycott cauliflower

_John_
_John_ Posts: 8,646 Member
This new age nonsense of using cauliflower as a substitute for "unclean" foods has to stop. I'm officially starting a boycott of albino broccoli...

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    In.

To think, I actually used to like cauliflower. And then MFP happened.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Cauliflower is great when it's actually cauliflower. Using it as a substitute for something else is just wrong.
  • LessJos
    LessJos Posts: 113 Member
    This new age nonsense of using cauliflower as a substitute for "unclean" foods has to stop. I'm officially starting a boycott of albino broccoli...

lol agree!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    But... But.. I like caulifower steamed with vinegar, and in a nice California mix veggies.

Can we just use it for its intended purpose instead?
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,646 Member
    But... But.. I like caulifower steamed with vinegar, and in a nice California mix veggies.

Can we just use it for its intended purpose instead?

nope, all innocence has been taken from us on this one.

It can only be consumed batter fried now...
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    I'm willing to jump on this bandwagon as long as said cauliflower isn't covered in cheese and bacon. Everything is better with bacon.
  • To think, I actually used to like cauliflower. And then MFP happened.

QFT
  • SutapaMukherji
    SutapaMukherji Posts: 244 Member
    Cauliflower is great when it's actually cauliflower. Using it as a substitute for something else is just wrong.

This
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    This is all news to me. What the eff are you going on about?
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member

This
    Agreed. I love raw cauliflower, it has a better texture than raw broccoli. Though I do like broccoli, too.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member

This! Curry and red onion cauliflower---yum! Cauliflower crust pizza/ "breadsticks"---NO!
  • fbthebear25
    fbthebear25 Posts: 19 Member
    I'm in! I will also punch the next person who tells me "my "mock" mashed potatoes made with cauliflower taste just like the real thing!" NO. No they don't
  • Atarahh
    Atarahh Posts: 485 Member
    Dear Broc Olli and Family,
    Hiiiii haterssssssssssssssssss!

Yours Truly,
    Cauli Flower
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member

EOT!
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member

You're new here, aren't you?
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    I never liked cauliflower to start with, but the Internet kept telling me to try it as a substitute for this, and then for that -- no more. It smells like farts and I hate it. :D
  • keeptehpeace
    keeptehpeace Posts: 189 Member
    Cauliflower is made of the devil and should be banned worldwide :drinker:
  • SugarLou57
    SugarLou57 Posts: 84 Member
    NEVER will I boycott cauliflower, I love it. Great for dipping, excellent curried (steam it, then sautee in olive oil, red curry, cashews, chives, cilantro and lime juice) YUM! Makes a great soup with a little bacon. Always good in a stirfry. Good and good for you. Potatoes are okay but they will never be cauliflower.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    It can only be consumed batter fried now...

Um, so it's fine when it's a crap substitute for mushrooms or cheese?

What kind of "boycott" is this?
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member

You're new here, aren't you?

Yes, I'm new. I joined an hour ago. It's easy to make nearly 2000 forum posts in a short period of time.
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Don't blame cauliflower, it's a victim too! Cauliflower didn't presume to be pizza crust or rice, people forced it. Cauliflower only wants to sit, unassumingly, in the crudité.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Potatoes are okay but they will never be cauliflower.

WHOA! Who said we were supposed to talk about potatoes!? SHHHHHH!!!! :tongue:
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Sorry OUT...... I couldn't live without cauliflower cheese with me Sunday Roast!
    Though I agree....cauliflower is cauliflower, shouldn't be substituted for owt else!
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    NEVER will I boycott cauliflower, I love it. Great for dipping, excellent curried (steam it, then sautee in olive oil, red curry, cashews, chives, cilantro and lime juice) YUM! Makes a great soup with a little bacon. Always good in a stirfry. Good and good for you. Potatoes are okay but they will never be cauliflower.

Cauliflower wishes it could be worthy of picking off potatoes eyes. I like cauliflower, but it will never be as good as the humble potato!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member

This! Curry and red onion cauliflower---yum! Cauliflower crust pizza/ "breadsticks"---NO!

Do you have a recipe for that? Sounds good.
  • endlesswonderr
    endlesswonderr Posts: 91 Member
    I have no idea.... what's wrong with it!?!
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Not giving up my roasted cauliflower, sorry.

But I definitely won't be eating it mashed or as pizza crust. I'm not carb-phobic.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Cauliflower is not rice. Rice is rice.
    That being said, I LOVE cauliflower with garlic and a tiny bit of cheese.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member

Do you have a recipe for that? Sounds good.

I get the curry and red onion cauliflower from Whole Foods. It is delicious!
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    In for a general boycott of the entire Brassica family.