Boycott cauliflower

Options

Replies

• chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    This is all news to me. What the eff are you going on about?

You're new here, aren't you?

Yes, I'm new. I joined an hour ago. It's easy to make nearly 2000 forum posts in a short period of time.
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Don't blame cauliflower, it's a victim too! Cauliflower didn't presume to be pizza crust or rice, people forced it. Cauliflower only wants to sit, unassumingly, in the crudité.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Potatoes are okay but they will never be cauliflower.

WHOA! Who said we were supposed to talk about potatoes!? SHHHHHH!!!! :tongue:
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Sorry OUT...... I couldn't live without cauliflower cheese with me Sunday Roast!
    Though I agree....cauliflower is cauliflower, shouldn't be substituted for owt else!
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    NEVER will I boycott cauliflower, I love it. Great for dipping, excellent curried (steam it, then sautee in olive oil, red curry, cashews, chives, cilantro and lime juice) YUM! Makes a great soup with a little bacon. Always good in a stirfry. Good and good for you. Potatoes are okay but they will never be cauliflower.

Cauliflower wishes it could be worthy of picking off potatoes eyes. I like cauliflower, but it will never be as good as the humble potato!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower is great when it's actually cauliflower. Using it as a substitute for something else is just wrong.

This! Curry and red onion cauliflower---yum! Cauliflower crust pizza/ "breadsticks"---NO!

Do you have a recipe for that? Sounds good.
  • endlesswonderr
    endlesswonderr Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have no idea.... what's wrong with it!?!
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Not giving up my roasted cauliflower, sorry.

But I definitely won't be eating it mashed or as pizza crust. I'm not carb-phobic.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower is not rice. Rice is rice.
    That being said, I LOVE cauliflower with garlic and a tiny bit of cheese.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower is great when it's actually cauliflower. Using it as a substitute for something else is just wrong.

This! Curry and red onion cauliflower---yum! Cauliflower crust pizza/ "breadsticks"---NO!

Do you have a recipe for that? Sounds good.

I get the curry and red onion cauliflower from Whole Foods. It is delicious!
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    In for a general boycott of the entire Brassica family.
  • laurajacobson20
    Options
    Ha! I've been here for years..this is the first I've heard of a cauliflower complaint as well.
  • tfleischer
    tfleischer Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    NEVER will I boycott cauliflower, I love it. Great for dipping, excellent curried (steam it, then sautee in olive oil, red curry, cashews, chives, cilantro and lime juice) YUM! Makes a great soup with a little bacon. Always good in a stirfry. Good and good for you. Potatoes are okay but they will never be cauliflower.

Everything you mentioned covers up or masks the taste of the cauliflower.... curry, bacon, dips, etc.
  • mhasita
    mhasita Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who finds cauliflower crust pizza more yummy than regular pizza?

I use a recipe with lots of spices and cheese on the crust. So yummy. My husband is not a fan though
  • tempehforever
    tempehforever Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Sad, I loooooove (cooked) cauliflower. I can eat an ENTIRE head of roasted cauliflower (with lots of Old Bay seasoning...mmm).

But I also am tired of the "cauliflower-as-substitute" trend. If I want mashed potatoes, rice, or pizza crust, I will eat those foods.

Although I have to admit, I do sometimes put marinara sauce and cheese on cauliflower instead of pasta. But that is because I genuinely like cauliflower better than pasta sometimes!
  • LKuderna
    LKuderna Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    it's excellent roasted in a hot oven with broccoli and cabbage (if you want),olive oil,garlic, and lemon pepper. No cabbage-y taste!
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    You obviously haven't tried my buffalo chicken cauliflower souffle. It's freakin' fantastic.
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Roasted with olive oil and sea salt, it is delicious!
  • Slasher09
    Slasher09 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I'll admit, I really and truly love mashed cauliflower with garlic. I also like cauliflower in my mixed veg in stir fry and deep fried cauliflower. Om nom nom.
  • Crash7676
    Crash7676 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Don't eat raw cauli if you have thyroid problems!