Drinking water is making me unreasonably COLD. Anyone else?

Options
2»

Replies

• brian_haberman
    Options
    If you are drinking cold water, your body is forced to rush additional blood to your digestive tract to warm the foreign liquid to body temperature as a self-defense. As this happens, your extremities are robbed of blood flow that keeps them warm in cooler temperatures. The greater the differential between your water and body temperatures, the more urgently your body defends itself, the more blood it robs from the extremities.

As you increase your water intake, and are drinking more cold water over a larger portion of the day, you will notice your body struggling to keep the extremities warm as it constantly struggles to stabilize the temperature of your internal organs.

Drink room-temperature water whenever possible.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    drink warmer water...
  • bahls24
    bahls24 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    lol,I FEEL THE SAME WAY
  • joannathechef
    joannathechef Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Why not drink it warmed with a slice of lemon, just zap it in microwave for 30-60 secs
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Yes, all my water comes from cold water cooler and I get cold but for me it works both ways, I drink hot tea and I warm up.
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I have this problem at the winter, and I had a hard time reach 8 glass of water. I started to experiment caffeine free herbal teas, and now I drink like 4-5 big mug of hot tea to get adequate water. My mug is 14 oz, so one mug equals almost 2 glass of water.

I experimented with many brands and type, because I needed to find that taste good by itself. Most brand has assorted/variety pack boxes, with like 6-8-10 different types 2 filter each. Go and buy a few different ones and you may like some.

I do not use sugar or any sweetener, but I may use a tbsp of cream in some of my teas. I plan my food ,so this fits into my calories. However there are some teas I like just plain.
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion. I've been cold for so long. I had no idea what was causing it but figured it was due to the weight loss. So warming the water up from now on, at least till this winter chill is gone.
  • mishni
    mishni Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been like this since I lost weight. I've tried drinking it at all temps, but I still feel unbearably cold when I drink water. Not to mention that I'm always needing to pee. It is hard to get my water in as a result.
  • yodiana
    yodiana Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yup. Same here!
  • WDA4655
    WDA4655 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I noticed I get cold too when I drink cold water. My hands get ice cold first (because I keep the bottle water in the refrigerator and they're ice cold) and then the rest of me feels ice cold too. Try wrapping the water bottle with a folded paper towel. That will help some so your hands don't feel cold. I forgot to wrap my bottle today when we went out and was freezing with the heat blasting in the car!
  • melanie2175
    melanie2175 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    it makes no difference between cold and room temperature water I get a chill and I am trying to drink 30-35 ounces of water before any other beverage and food. between being cold and needing to run to the bathroom constantly it is a deterrent to drinking as much water as I need to based on the formula. your weight divided by 2=the number of ounces of water you should drink each day.
  • habit365
    habit365 Posts: 174
    Options
    When I get that way, I zap my water in the microwave on the beverage setting. I may or may not add a tea bag after that (plain warm water is surprisingly not too bad to me). Side benefit is that holding a warm cup helps with the cold hand problem as well.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I do in winter, so I dring herbal tea. I love lemongrass and ginger. But what I do is use loose leaf in a tea ball and just keep topping it up with hot water throughout the day. By the end of the day, there's barely any tea flavour, it's really just like drinking warm water.