Lunch Ideas for Work

Options
2»

Replies

• survivor1952
    survivor1952 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I always have Chunky soups in my office for lunch. Filling, warm & the whole can is usually 200-280 calories. Drink lots of water to flush out the sodium.
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    I prepare all of my lunches on Sunday and then nuke'em when I am ready to eat them. It is so much easier and cheaper. Today and Thursday is Shrimp primavera, Yesterday and Wednesday is Chicken with jerk marinade and chuncks of pinappnle with steamed rice. You get the idea.
  • sarabee0405
    sarabee0405 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My go to for lunch is a chicken wrap:
    Whole wheat tortilla
    Guacamole
    Hard boiled egg
    Lemon pepper chicken
    Lettuce
    +side of veggies

I usually make enough of Sunday for 4 days and leave one day to go out with my coworkers. So far I'm still not sick of it!
  • jacqueinhutto
    jacqueinhutto Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    turkey meatballs or cottage cheese and peaches. Sometimes a just couple of weight watchers string cheese and I use my calories at night.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I like to bring leftovers or make a big batch of something I can take to work for a few days. This week I made lemon ginger lentils and brown rice. It is SO good. I'm really into having something hot for lunch right now.

Other lunches I like to take are a mish-mash of the following:
    Packet of tuna salad to eat on top of crackers
    Celery and peanut butter
    greek yogurt
    hummus and red bell pepper slices
    healthy choice soup containers
    homemade "instant" oatmeal - 1/2cup quick oats in a ziplock bag with raisins, cinnamon and brown sugar/splenda. Pour into a bowl/mug at work and mix with hot water
  • ginabina78
    ginabina78 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sunday food prep and planning for the week is key!

Black Bean Burgers
    Hard Boiled Eggs
    Sandwich size bags of all kinds of cut up veggies (celery, cucumber, peppers, zuccini, string beans, broccoli)
    Greek Yogurt Cups - Plain or vanilla
    Boiled/Baked Chicken for Salads/Sandwiches
    Steamable frozen bags of Veggies (if you like lean cuisines, add an entire bag to your lean cuisine - instant more than full size meal!)
    Fruit - 1 apple and 1 banana a day
    Turkey Jerkey for protien
    Egg Whites can be cooked in the microwave - just watch they don't blow up and you can add veggies for an instant omlette.

Breakfast or Breakfast for lunch! - prep steal cut oats and bag up a snack size bag with berries, 1 hard boiled egg and 1 hard boiled egg white. Or a cup of cherrios, kix or rice chex and 10 almonds in a snack size bag.

Of course keep all of your portions carbs/fats/protien in check for your needs.

Good luck!
  • sjp_511
    sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I have salad almost every day. I change-up the dressing and that is enough for me. Maybe some day I will get sick of it, but I am good for now. I also have a huge portion of fruit salad afterwards. I make a large batch of fruit salad every 4-5 days and my husband and I snack on it all week long. My typical fruit salad includes strawberries, blueberries, and green grapes mixed with some honey and fresh squeezed lime juice.