Just looking for some friends!

Options
Hey there! Brand new here to MFP, and dieting in general, but I'm feeling ambitious and I'm confident that I can do this. :)

My interests include hockey, mountain biking, crocheting, walking dogs, painting, stargazing, listening to alternative rock, reading, swimming, driving to no-where, and watching movies/DW/Parks&Rec/Adventure Time/etc! I'd like to find some pals on here (whether we share interests or not). It'd be nice to have some support!

Have an awesome day!

Replies

• xSirensSong
    xSirensSong Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Hello, lovely!

You absolutely can do this! A lot of people like to make it more complicated than what it needs to be ~ find something that works for you & stick to it!

I also love listening to music, swimming, random roadtrips to nowhere, movies & silly cartoons, & crocheting! I'm a huge video game nerd as well, so a lot of my time is spent playing League of Legends, Guild Wars 2, and the ESO Beta.

I love supporting my friends through this journey, as it can be pretty tough when you're in this alone. I'd love to be one of yours! :flowerforyou:
  • MrsAustin1480
    MrsAustin1480 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You sound fun! Add me! I actually started my first *real* competitive challenge TODAY - you can join us in the group "Skinny Summer *****es" - we're doing a points thing and it's going to be really fun (and helpful).

Or if you don't want to do that, just add me and we can be best friends! :-P

(PS - my kids were amazed when they were talking about an Adventure Time episode and I contributed to the conversation - I'm sooo glad to find another adult who enjoys not-so-adult shows lol)
  • SaltNBurnBoys
    SaltNBurnBoys Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm always happy to be friends with another Whovian! And driving to nowhere is just about my favorite pastime. I started my journey a week ago today, so I'm pretty new to this too, and I'm happy to help you on your way to your goals. :happy:
  • Efflictim
    Efflictim Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Sending a request now.
    Everyone can feel free to add me
  • GreatGreenSea
    GreatGreenSea Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm also looking for some friends and support!

I go by Nellie, I'm 27 years old and I live in Minneapolis with my husband. My interests include art of all kinds (I have a BFA), discovering new music, animals, horror movies, the paranormal, the beach and sunshine, among many other things. I really enjoy living in Minneapolis (aside from the cold) because of our awesome music, theater, and art cultures. I currently work with disabled artists, and I absolutely love my job and my clients.

I have an eating disorder, and I consider myself somewhere in the middle of recovered and not recovered. I'm in a much better place than I was even 2 years ago, but it's a long process.

My fitness goals are pretty straightforward. I just want to be active on a regular basis, be fit, and eat well. Losing weight will be a plus.
  • sdarsen1
    sdarsen1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would love some friends on here as well :blushing:
  • docbrox87
    Options
    Hey hey!

I'm lovin the adventure time chat in here! My faaaave cartoon! Good to see so many people on here ready to encourage each other :) Seems like a gd place to be! Feel free to add :D

x
  • jlar09
    jlar09 Posts: 99
    Options
    You CAN do this! I like to get and give support from my MFP friends and honestly I can say that it is so much easier having a network of "friends" giving you support and advice and also calling you out when you need it. I'm just knocked out the first 30% of my initial weight loss because MFP makes it so easy to record everything and the people that you meet are nothing short of fantastic. Enjoy your journey!
  • abithbat
    Options
    I would love to have friends on here as well! After all, the main reason I joined this site is to get motivation to meet my goals from other people. I am a pretty avid gamer, and I am a fellow Whovian!
  • stat1124
    stat1124 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! On daily and always looking to impart some inspiration! Have a wonderful blessed day!
  • hobo_chic
    Options
    Thanks for the nice comments everyone! :)