List your NSV's big and small

candacet36
candacet36 Posts: 353 Member
Sometimes is it the little things that mean the most.

My favorite Non-Scale Victory has been being able to cross my legs under my desk at work. I know it seems silly but it means a lot to me!:bigsmile:

Please share your most important NSV's big and small!

Replies

• jmath911
    jmath911 Posts: 57 Member
    My NSV's:
    I can easily fold my arms across my chest.
    My wedding rings! I can wear them again!
    My stomach doesn't rub against my steering wheel.
    I can wear lots of clothes that were just stuffed in my closet...waiting for me.
    I have hope, I had given up that I could lose weight.

Thanks MFP.
  • krash999
    krash999 Posts: 476 Member
    my favorite is each and every time i have to add a new hole to my belt.
  • 1. Walking up a flight of stairs without breathing heavily.
    2. The fact that my pneumatic office chair doesn't sink slowly under my weight.
    3. When I sit down, not having that roll of tummy fall over my pants, making it just super uncomfortable to sit down while wearing pants.
    4. Feeling like there is a little room on both sides of my legs on airline seat.
    5. Being able to wear skirts again without my thighs rubbing together uncomfortably.
    6. Being able to wear riding boots and ski boots.
  • My coat zipping up on the first try and not having to adjust myself to do it!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    buying XL stuff in the misses department. The last time I did that, it was a little embarrassing because I was 11 or 12 yrs old.

At 37 it's an NSV!

(at 13-15 I could have but was so self-conscious I started buying 2X tops and never looked back 'til now)
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    I'm at a point now where all my jeans are a little loose (i'm kind of between sizes now), so when i'm just hanging out at home with no belt on I have to hike up my pants everytime I get up and my hubby says "your pants are falling down" and I just smile and say, "YEP! That's a great problem to have!"
  • Kittiegirl06
    Kittiegirl06 Posts: 12 Member
    My biggest NSV, was wearing jeans again.
    At my heaviest, I was about 172 pounds, but it was really uncomfortable to wear jeans because of the belly fat.

Now I am 162 and can wear my jeans again. :)
  • rissysmom14
    rissysmom14 Posts: 5 Member
    I have had just a couple in the last month or so, inspite of those pesky holidays!!! 1.I was able to wear two Christmas scrub tops that I haven't been able to wear for the last couple of years. 2. Last night my daughter and I started training for our 1st 5k of this year, I made up my own training schedule that was more realistic to my health and to my goals, which for last night was walk 5min/ run 1 and repeat 5 times. The NSV was that I was able to COMPLETE each of the run portions!!!
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Such great motivators!

1. Being able to shop in the Misses department.
    2. Playing tag with my kids
    3. Running..honest to goodness running! It's been years since I could.
    4. Remission of my autoimmune disease.
    5. Healthier skin...thank you water!
    6. Better mental health...hard to be depressed with exercise endorphins pumping.
    7. Goodbye sleep apnea
    8. My family being proud of me
  • laurelthistle
    laurelthistle Posts: 145 Member
    1. I don't have to use a rubberband to close the button on the top of my pants - I can actually button them!
    2. I've had to shrink my jeans and work pants in the dryer to make them a little bit smaller - I never could dry my pants before for fear that they would shrink and not fit.
    3. I can fit into a pair of capri pants that have not fit since before I got pregnant with my daughter over 4 years ago.
    4. A co-worker told me that my face looks thinner!
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    I own and comfortably wear three articles of clothing that are size extra small.

WHAAAAT?!
  • amwoidyla
    amwoidyla Posts: 257 Member
    My heels can touch the floor during downward facing dog!
  • sanfly
    sanfly Posts: 207 Member
    Yesterday I smashed my personal best 8 Km run time: 50:43 (down from 52:52 last week, had been stuck around 55 minutes for a while before that). A few months ago I couldn't run 3 Km without stopping!
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    I have been wearing the same belt for 18 months - it didn't stretch / wear out from straining against my gut.

People ask me all the time how I lost so much weight.

Still lengthening my runs, but shortening the time.

Comfortably wear a size L in all shirts / tops.

And so on...
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Tucking my shirt in and not having a belly sticking out

Being able to run 20 minutes straight
  • lanciepancie
    lanciepancie Posts: 4 Member
    Thankfully i have been able to celebrate a lot of NSV.
    One of the best: having clothes that are too big!! I was to the point last year where NOTHING was too big or really even roomy, even 3x tops. I was sooo uncomfortable all the time. I wear dress clothes for work and i was just wearing the same pants over and over because nothing fit!! It was awful.
    Some other NSV:
    - crossing my legs
    - being able to sit on the floor comfortably AND get up
    - no more snoring! My husband bought me zquiet for christmas last year as a "joke" but did encourage me to use it- humiliating!!!
    - shopping is fun again! I love shopping but had basically stopped shopping for clothes
    - fitting into victoria's secret underwear!!! First time ever!

I am sure there ate lots more but that is enough for now!
  • ball_FXDWG
    ball_FXDWG Posts: 44 Member
    At my heaviest I wore a 66 inch waist and it was the stretch kind, so probably a few inches bigger than that. I've still always ordered from the fat guy catalog even though I haven't probably needed to for a while. Being so fat for so log and unable to walk into a store and buy clothes it was really out of my comfort zone and nothing I had even considered doing, never crossed my mind. I was doing some christmas shopping about a month ago and decided to look at the jeans section. I was wearing a 46 waist and they looked huge, especially the legs. I tried on some levis and found out that a 38 inch waist fit perfect in the 508 style which is technically classified as a "skinny jean" though it's the biggest and really just has a tapered leg. It's been a month and I still smile when I put them on.
  • candacet36
    candacet36 Posts: 353 Member
    CONGRATS TO US ALL!!!!!!:drinker:
  • BokBagok
    BokBagok Posts: 345
    ~6 weeks ago I was finally able to (slowly) walk a mile without stopping.

4 weeks ago, I got to the point where it was the lowest I've weighed in over five years.

3 weeks ago, I crossed the line and am no longer considered "morbidly obese"

Just yesterday, when I finished my daily walk, Runtastic logged it as moderate pace instead of leisurely pace.

At some point in the next few days, I need to punch another hole in my belt because they no longer do a good job of holding my pants up. Although it's been getting worse for a while, I've been putting this off because every time my pants start to fall down it reminds me how well I've been doing. ;)
  • ElizabethObviously
    ElizabethObviously Posts: 380 Member
    I can fit behind the steering wheel again and after 5 years or so I am starting to get used to driving again.

I had to stop wearing my rings because I am scared they will slip off. Makes me sad to not wear them though.

I can see my neck muscles when I turn my head sideways
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!