Trying to loose weight, Again

Options
My name is Kim and this will be the twelfth time in five years to be on a weight loss program. I'm under a doctor's supervision so that's good, and is important to me to make this work this time, since I've reached 350 pounds at my weigh-in today.
Now to most that sounds like a lot of weight and it is to me, it is my goal to return to 250 pounds in weight over the next twelve to eighteen months.
So I hope to keep things going even though I am a bit cynical right now, don't really want to go into what the program is; rather want to give the doctor's program a chance. Seeing is believing for some, it's important to have some positive thoughts and while it is like saying goodbye to a dear friend, it is time to give up eating comfort foods and focus on the healthy man inside myself.
Just had knee surgery last week and don't want to have another - ever! So I guess that's one motivation. Its important to me to live a long life and be with the woman that I love dearly; my wife - Lorraine, as well as my three daughters and son; so there is another motivation as well. Most of all though, it will be nice to be able to do those activities that were so fun to do when I was younger but can't do now because of my weight and my health. Sure age is a limitation but it doesn't have to be a barrier! One works their entire life to achieve their goals, so this is the most important motivation of all since it is not for others but for my own well-being that I pursue this endeavor.
So let's encourage each other to meet our goals that we've set for ourselves. After all isn't that why we're all here at this site anyway? Looking forward to hearing from All Ya' all.
~ Bota ~

Replies

• taketimhome
    taketimhome Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey Kim,

you can do it man. i need to drop around 100 as well. from 320 to 220. we just gotta stay the course and dont let little set backs ruin everything.
  • Kenazwa
    Kenazwa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I know how it is. I go on and off weight loss plans multiple times a year.

On again, looking for a huge dose of stick-to-itness. Best wishes to you. Nothing to it but to do it.
  • cdyeomans
    Options
    I think a lot of us know the feeling. I hit my highest weight ever of 300lb about 12 weeks ago, and started dieting that day. I was able to lose 40lbs with myfitnesspal in 2010, but then got a desk job and put it back on. My goal is to get to 215lb by Nov of 2014. By following the calorie guidelines I have been losing 2lb/week constantly.

Good luck, and remember that consistency is the key!
  • wrenegade64
    wrenegade64 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain Kim. I am at 375 and I was hit by a car in the line of duty and lost my left leg 19 years ago. From my experience, the way you loss weight has to be realistic and consistant. I never use the word "DIET". It is evil! You commented that you are under medical supervision, so I won't bore you with "you should do this, you should try that" and all that jazz. I will gladly be your friend here and we can check up on each other daily and nudge each other when needed. Keep your eye on the prize and stay in touch.
  • mikeruz
    mikeruz Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You can do it! This site really helps. I have tried Weight Watchers and had a little succcess but put it all back on. This time I am shedding the weight and hope to keep it off.

Good luck to you!
  • mymonty
    mymonty Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    For me I turn the big 50 this year. I'd love to be 50-75 lighter at the end of the year. I'm even going to join WW next week with a friend and I'm currently a TOPS member (Taking Off Pounds Sensibly).

I feel that the TOPS meetings are turning into a "get out of the house on Tuesday night" thing. I plan on making big changes this year, one step at a time and one pound at a time and would like to be buddies with someone who has similar goals. I'd love to have you along for that journey so we could encourage and celebrate our success together.

What do you say? If anyone feels that way, PLEASE SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST!!!
  • kim5431
    Options
    Thanks dude, it's comforting to know that there are others trying to do the same as me. I'm discovering that my biggest problem right now is keeping the kids out of the prepared meals I've made and getting to the store to buy what I need; since I can't drive right now.
  • kim5431
    Options
    It's got to happen this time, I am determined to get the weight off my knees this time.
  • kim5431
    Options
    I'll remember to keep that in mind and remain consistent.
  • kim5431
    Options
    I know I'll never get back to under 200 pounds, don't really want to anyway, I look like a skeleton at that weight, but I do want to get healthy and get the weight off my knees.
    Thanks for the support.