My 30 Day Shred Reults With Pictures

Options
KateEMD
KateEMD Posts: 101 Member
Hi all,

I am so excited that I finished the 30 Day Shred! I never finish these kinds of DVDs but I stuck to it this time and I love my results. It took me about 35 days to do the whole thing because of traveling for the holidays and a small quad injury. I really only did this as my exercise. I walk a lot on a daily basis but I didn't try to add on other big workouts. I ate well but I did have slip up days as the holidays are a hard time for the diet.

This workout signified a big change for me in how I treat my body. My exercise always used to come after my social life or how tired I was or what not. When I started the 30DS I told myself I would not quit. I would not put my exercise last in my life. I worked out on Christmas Eve. I worked out on New Years Eve and New Years Day. I worked out when others were eating or drinking. I made myself the priority and I am the most proud about that.

So here are my results. I am almost 5'1 and am 26 years old. I started at 160lbs on MFP and had lost 15lbs before I started the 30DS. Over my 35 days I lost 5lbs so I have officially lost 20lbs!!!! I measured my waist and hips during my 30DS.
Day1- Waist- 34inches and hips- 40inches
Day 30- Waist-30.5inches and hips- 35.5inches

All together I have lost 8inches! I only have 10lbs left to loose till my goal weight.

Overall I would say, do the 30DS. I really enjoyed myself and love my results!

34fe9lg.jpg
16iecyv.png
2i20axz.png

Replies

• shopewell70
    shopewell70 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    That is awesome.... great job !!!! Keep it up :) Jillian Rocks
  • fe_nyx
    fe_nyx Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a difference! You look great - and I love the massive smile. Well done.
    This is exactly what I needed to see this morning, I'm on day 3 of 30DS and I am just not feeling it today. But after seeing you and your results, that's given me a boost to keep going. And maybe today I won't yell at the TV and will just get through it :)
  • CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Nice job. And LOL at your ticker. Looks like the lion is sticking out his tongue, but it's just the scale :D
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Woah! Thats awesome! Confratulations all that hard work and dedication paid off!
  • KateEMD
    Options
    Nice job. And LOL at your ticker. Looks like the lion is sticking out his tongue, but it's just the scale :D

LOL! I didn't notice that but now that I have I LOVE IT!
  • meganw2020
    meganw2020 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a difference a month can make. Great Job!
  • ChickenLittle1121
    ChickenLittle1121 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    That is absolutely fantastic!!!! You look great! Congratulations; it's well deserved :)
  • Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Wow fast results- I thought day 10 was day 30- there was that much improvement that quickly.

Dumb question of the day- is 30DS good for guys too, or is it geared toward women?
  • Trissyboo
    Trissyboo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    And all without a gym membership!! Fantastic. You look awesome
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Great job!! I'm on day 4 of level 1 and you have just restored my motivation to keep at it!! As far as diet did you do anything differently? Just curious since you had such great results in 35 days.
  • nielsonfam
    nielsonfam Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Awesome results - good for you for putting YOURSELF first! I love 30DS - it really gets results!
  • KateEMD
    Options
    Wow fast results- I thought day 10 was day 30- there was that much improvement that quickly.

Dumb question of the day- is 30DS good for guys too, or is it geared toward women?

Guys can do it for sure. Jillian makes comments about being a woman and things like that but the exercises themselves are great for anyone. If you are interested I would say go for it!
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I can't believe the results you got in just 30 days. Well, I can. I tried those DVDs. They are legit!! Way to get it!!
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    that is amazing! great job!
  • rreags
    rreags Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's incredible!
  • Jesyka_Gee
    Jesyka_Gee Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job, keep it up!!
  • suecaldwell2003
    suecaldwell2003 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! I gave up on the 30 day shred because I didn't think I'd ever get past level one. Did you progress through all three levels? Jillian scares me. :-)
  • Sabby888
    Sabby888 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing results!!

I'm on Day 8 of the 30DS, I've already seen small differences in my arms and legs but you are now my motivation to keep on going! First few days were an absolute nightmare, now it's a little better but now I realise that the results are worth it!!! So I'll keep on going no matter how hard it gets.

Also how heavy were the weights you used?

And which level did you find hardest out of the three levels (does it get that much harder after Level 1)?

Thank you so much for being an inspiration to me!

:drinker: *High five* for 30DS crew :drinker:
  • KateEMD
    Options
    Great job!! I'm on day 4 of level 1 and you have just restored my motivation to keep at it!! As far as diet did you do anything differently? Just curious since you had such great results in 35 days.

I did nothing different with my food. If anything I ate more. I eat my 1200 calories a day and I usually don't eat back my exercise calories. During my 2 week vacation to see family during the holidays, though, I ate back my calories every day and splurged once or twice. On those splurge days, though, I made sure to get my workout in.
  • Squeeks70
    Squeeks70 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Way to go!!!:smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!