Look at my diary and tell me what i'm doing wrong...

Options
As per subject

I have been on 9 stones for about 2 months now...

I know being that time of month also make you gain water weight but for 2 months?

Any advise will help

Thanks!

Replies

• mistyladidah
    mistyladidah Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I looked at about a week. Here are my initial thoughts:

1. It appears you aren't eating enough... Do you know your lean body mass? An easy rule of thumb for proper nutrition is to eat.8-1gram of protein for each K of LBM, and complex carbs via grains, fruits & veggies should be 2 - 4G per KG. Eat healthy fats (20% of your diet) via nuts & oils.
    2. You need to incorporate more veggies into your diet
    3. Are you drinking water and don't log it? If not, this is the one simple change you can make that will have a huge effect on your body!
    4. Do you exercise?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I took a look at your diary as well.

It doesn't appear that you weigh your food.
    There are a lot of your entries that start with "generic" not a good thing...try to find the one's that don't start with an * or Generic because those are user entered and no guarantee they are correct.

when you log your food without weighing it chances are you are under estimating what you are eating.

I see some exercise in your log but not a tonne so over esitmating your burns probably isn't an issue but the more exercise you do the more it becomes an issue.

Water is not necessary but helps as well as the veggies

Weight loss is all about calories in vs calories out.
  • brummyminx
    brummyminx Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am 4,10

I am doing same amount of exercise as i was before but without success this couple of months

I thought it might be a plateau or time of month but too long now to be either

I do drink drink tea at work but as it is 1 kcal i do not log it

So i will eat more veggies and more exercise? Anything else? Am i eating the right food besides lack of veggies?

Im turning to quorn so hope that helps.... Last resort!

Thanks all
  • brummyminx
    brummyminx Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I mean green tea at work

Sorry
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I took a look at your diary as well.

It doesn't appear that you weigh your food.
    There are a lot of your entries that start with "generic" not a good thing...try to find the one's that don't start with an * or Generic because those are user entered and no guarantee they are correct.

when you log your food without weighing it chances are you are under estimating what you are eating.

I see some exercise in your log but not a tonne so over esitmating your burns probably isn't an issue but the more exercise you do the more it becomes an issue.

Water is not necessary but helps as well as the veggies

Weight loss is all about calories in vs calories out.

This. Make your own entries, weigh everything.
  • mistyladidah
    mistyladidah Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Try changing your exercise form. I think you could eat a little more protein along with your veggies. Plus I agree with the water intake. Have you used a calculator to figure out your bmr and tdee? That helped me a lot.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    What the **** is a stone ? Like really .. a Paleo thing.
  • CreateTheNewYou
    CreateTheNewYou Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It's a measurement of weight.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

:noway: It's a unit of measurement - you know like a pound or an ounce.

Mr Google tells me: The stone (abbreviation st[1]) is a unit of measure equal to 14 pounds avoirdupois (about 6.35 kg[nb 1]) used in Great Britain and Ireland for measuring human body weight.

For the OP: weigh and measure everything - accuracy will show on the scale
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I saw an entry of homemade spaghetti bolognese, for about 400 cals for an entire plate. Did you enter every ingredient, measured accurately? That seems a bit low to me, for a whole plate of legit spaghetti. It looks like you are just averaging out and estimating a lot of food entries. Get a food scale and start weighing everything, see if that helps.
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options

126 pounds
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    ** I know .. 14 pounds. But it is just so weird for me. Go on OP .. do your thing. But I would recommend what has already been said .. weigh everything and log as accurately as possible. Create a reasonable deficit and stick to it.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    You're eyeballing your portions and eating more than you think you are.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    As per subject

I have been on 9 stones for about 2 months now...

I know being that time of month also make you gain water weight but for 2 months?

Any advise will help

Thanks!

I only reviewed today because I am in a hurry but you need to review your entries because pork with zero protein is unheard off.

If MFP has the wrong macro information, check the values in the package or in a reliable website. It seems that you are not eating enough protein but it may be due to wrong labeling and entries. I agree with the other posters comments.
    Good luck!
  • IdealMel
    IdealMel Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    (I'm just starting out here, so for what it's worth) I, too, would like to see more veggies. You could eat about 2 cups of mixed veggies for the same calories as a serving of Ritz, be more full and you'd be giving your body more of what it needs to do what you're asking of it :)
  • xkimberlee007
    xkimberlee007 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You need more veggies and less crackers :)
  • juniperfox
    juniperfox Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Weigh your food with a food scale. You can get an accurate one for $10 on ebay. Volume measurements like cups and teaspoons can be wildly inaccurate, and therefore you're logging more or less than you're actually eating. Go by grams or ounces (mass measurements) on the nutrition label and with your food scale.

Your diary for today lists "Generic - Pork Loin Roast, Slow Cooked In Broth, Carrots, Red Potatoes, Celery, Onions, 4 c. cooked." as zero grams of protein, fat, carbs. This entry is incorrect. As others have said, make your own entries via Recipes if you're making a dish.

Double-check that every food entry you use is reasonable! Look at the amounts of fat, protein, and carbohydrates at least. Compare it to the nutrition label if it's handy.

Eat more protein. I can't stress this enough. This is how you build muscle. If you don't eat enough protein, you're going to lose muscle regardless of what you do in the gym. A 10 pound bag of frozen chicken breast is $20 at Sam's Club, same price as fresh.

Also, you're not doing anything "wrong" which implies a moral judgement. But you can change a few of your methods to help you log more accurately and get a better estimate as to what you should be eating and exercising to lose fat and gain muscle.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

That's probably true, but has no bearing on her weight loss.
  • xkimberlee007
    xkimberlee007 Posts: 44 Member
    Options

That's probably true, but has no bearing on her weight loss.
    Is there a reason why you are calling me out... I was giving her a polite suggestion as she asked I don't need your input. What she eats does have bearing on her weight loss and I know from experience too many refined carbs and not enough veggies can stall your weight loss.