Best Places for Workout Clothes?

Options
I caught a glimpse of my busted-self this morning while working out, old over-sized tee thats paint splattered and a few holes (not even sure where I acquired this one from) and the goofiest 1999 frumpy capri pants. At one point I spent a lot on gym outfits but they are all too big now. I don't want to make the same mistake spending so much on things that HOPEFULLY won't fit in a month or two. I am also sick of wearing my gym clothes from 7th grade.... HELP! Has anyone found that perfect balance of price and quality?

Replies

• 2bassets
    2bassets Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I usually go to Walmart and buy Dansko. They fit good and the price is great!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Target has good stuff... but I REALLY love TJ Maxx for my work out pants... and then I wear Old Navy tank tops. easy peasy lemon sqeeuzy
  • silverinc13
    silverinc13 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Try Marshalls/TJ Maxx/Ross. They have some great deals on some great stuff!!
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Walmart by Danskin has stepped up their cute game but Old Navy also has a new athletic workout line that is pretty cheap too!
  • skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I buy Tuff pants from Costco, $19 each. Haven't tried their shirts though but their hoodies are also $19 (in Canada).
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I usually go to Walmart and buy Dansko. They fit good and the price is great!

Took the words right outta my mouth.
  • Tbias78
    Tbias78 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I get mine at Walmart, some at target, but I love Old Navy the most!!! and they are having a 40% off active sale thru tomorrow!!!
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Old Navy! They have tons of sales and stuff goes on clearance a lot, so I've been able to get most of it quite cheaply. I like the compression leggings and the active mesh tops in particular. I think the quality has been decent. I wear the pants a lot and haven't noticed any wear.
  • munchlaxx
    munchlaxx Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I usually buy my workout clothes at Target. They usually have a sale or clearance on some of their C9 stuff most of the time. I have been working out in the same 3-5 pairs of workout pants for over a year and they are lasting very well! I usually buy their racerback workout shirts. Their website sometimes has a better sale than in store too...worth checking/
  • LankyYankee
    LankyYankee Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Try Marshalls/TJ Maxx/Ross. They have some great deals on some great stuff!!

Yup! Target can have some pretty decent stuff as well.
  • RoseGoldDinosaur
    RoseGoldDinosaur Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I love Target and Old Navy- cute stuff and you can get good prices especially if you shop the sales rack.

Also right now after Christmas and New Years thrift stores tend to have a pretty good haul. I don't like to buy second hand shirts, but gym bags and work out pants I'll take from anywhere! Also keep an eye out for equipment- hand weights, kettle bells, work out DVDs… You can find crazy cheap treasures and I find the thrift store is also just cheap entertainment on a Saturday afternoon :wink:
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    TJ Maxx, Ross and Marshalls have great deals on workout clothes. I love their lined sports bras. Target is another go to but I have paid almost half of what I pay at Target when buying gear at TJ Maxx, Ross or Marshalls.

Old Navy makes good pants and shorts. Gap and Athleta offer the same, just a little better in quality and more options for colors and such.
  • basowner
    basowner Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    shopko and old navy, great prices and great fit.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Sport Chek
  • nmncare
    nmncare Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Target for their sports bras. Everything else is JCPenny (I love that place) and Kohls in their exercise sections. Cheap and comfy!! But I can also be a bit of a snob.. and I love lululemon and scheels. So if I reach a goal.. I let myself go there and get myself a little treat :)
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Old Navy. Lots of Under Armour knockoffs, 80% the quality at 25% of the price. Or even less, if you catch them on sale or get one of the email coupons.
  • da1128
    da1128 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Definitely TJ Maxx and Walmart. Inexpensive and last forever. I also have some workout pants from Target that are at least 20 years old and they still look good.

Our local Goodwill gets brand new "off season" clothes from Target with original tags still attached and I've bought some great workout clothes for a buck.
  • EditGirl77
    Options
    Old Navy was mentioned a lot and they are currently having a 20% off sale on clearance, which includes many activewear piece. Use code EXTRA at checkout. Hurry, the sale ends 1/15!!!
  • FoogooFish
    FoogooFish Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Wal*Mart's Danskin line & BCG from Academy Sports & Outdoors is what I tend to wear.
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I usually order online but if I am in a bind, I do either TJ Max or Target.