Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

meal replacement

Have anyone done and succeeded at meal replacement shakes? Any suggestions on what kind to drink? I am planning to drink meal replacement drinks for breakfast & lunch and eat a meal for dinner. Fruits & vegetable will be snacks. Any advice?

Replies

• londontart
    londontart Posts: 27 Member
    Hi there!
    When I first decided to lose weight, I started on the slimfast programme. Shake for breakfast, a 500 calorie lunch, a shake or meal replacement bar for dinner and two snacks - usually fruit or veggies.
    I did this for around 12 days purely to 'kick start' my weight loss and I worked out three times a week, mainly doing cardio such as aerobics and dancersice and took up more walking. I lost around 7lbs. Not going to lie, it was difficult and I knew it wouldn't be a permanent solution. So, having researched a lot around it, I figured the best way to keep the weight stable was to 'wean' myself off. Therefore I cut out my breakfast shake and ate something of around the similar calories (240 if I remember right) so something like eggs and turkey slices etc. After a week I added in a small dinner and then I was back to eating normally. All the while exercising as I had and beginning to add in weight training. By this point I had gained back about 2 pounds at max which isn't too bad in the grand scheme. Since then, 18 months later I've kept off 10kg (and had a few periods of purely maintaining)

To sum up, I would say on the whole it depends how much you need/want to lose. As a kickstart it was great as it reduced my appetite and helped me curb my calories. I really appreciated the one meal a day!! But, it's not really the most sensible or reliable option! Good luck!