Help!!!i feel discouraged

Options
I feel so discouraged ive been doing wee, all of a sudden the scale says i have gained 3 KG!!! I don't understand it. has anyone ever had this problem?

Replies

• niki1027
    Options
    I am actually having the same problem! I have been working out most days and staying within my calorie goal, but the scale seems to be going in the wrong direction!!! I am discouraged and depressed too! Its really frustrating when you put all this time into something and yet the results are so disappointing! But we can not give up!
  • eglass64
    eglass64 Posts: 180
    Options
    You could be building muscle and not losing weight,. Go over your diet and excercise a little.
  • 190bound
    Options
    Nradebe - Don't let this short-term little blip bother you. My weight fluctuates a lot in the short term. The key is to stay the course and the long term trend will be great. Are you taking measurements of your waist and other areas? These tend to be more predictable in the short run. It's quite possible that you can gain some weight in muscle mass while the inches are melting away around your mid-section. Hang in there!
  • big_sheila
    Options
    I've hit a minor plateau and the scale won't budge. Sometimes it's your body shifting from fat to muscle, and sometimes it's hormonal or from salty foods. Maybe try and change up your plan to push extra hard for the next few days and see if you notice a difference.

Another thing that keeps me from being discouraged is mixing up my goals. For example, going a week without alcohol seems doable when generally cutting back for an undetermined amount of time feels overwhelming. If you set a short term goal (for example, eat 7 servings of fruits and veggies a day for 4 days), the feeling of accomplishment will be almost as rewarding at the end. Also, this is something you can control, verses a number on the scale which you can't always control.
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    How do your clothes feel? It think that is a better indicator of how things are going compared to the scale.

Keep at it . . . remember you are making a healthy lifestyle change . . . making healthy food choices and exercising are more important than how much you weigh.

Keep drinking your water . . . eat those fruits and veggies . . . get in your protein . . . and keep on moving. You can do this! You want to do this! Give yourself rewards for logging your food every day or doing at least 30 min. of exercise a day . . . THAT IS WHAT COUNTS! (Treat yourself to a pedicure, a massage, a new addition to your wardrobe, a new shade of eye shadow, a new tint of nail polish, some jewelry . . celebrate your small victories because they all add up to larger ones).

Keep you chin up and always know that there is tomorrow to start again. Losing weight/changing your lifestyle takes time and practice . . . it won't happen overnight (eventhough we would all love that!)

You got this! One day at a time . . . . :flowerforyou:
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Don't be discouraged!!! As the other posts say, it can be water gain from salty foods or the fact that you've gained muscle. The main thing is to keep working and check back in a week or two. If the scale is still moving up, then cut back on calories and/or add more exercise. The main thing is not to give up!!!

Shannon
  • nradebe
    nradebe Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the encouraging words I will definately keep those in mind. Thanks again I appreciate it..
  • nradebe
    nradebe Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    this in NOT to advertisement the sight but it has helped me just asaw it today
    http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_public_journal_individual.asp?blog_id=3777305