best time to workout

Options
in the morning, in the afternoon, or at night before bed.

Replies

• daphnec1994
    daphnec1994 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    whatever works best for you and when you have the most energy
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Where ever you can fit it into your life, but remember don't exercise because you think you have to, exercise because you want to.
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Best time for me is in the morning before work. I hate getting up early, but history has shown that I won't go after I get home from work:

I'm too tired...
    I want to sit on my butt, watch TV, and eat dinner...
    I don't want to shower again...
    My gym gets crowded later in the day...
  • doug_pierce
    Options
    in the morning, in the afternoon, or at night before bed.

Yes
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I say early morning:

You don't dread it all day.
    You get that endorphin boost to start the day.
    You start the day knowing you've already done something right.
    I have a family, and it is peaceful to exercise without anyone awake to interrupt.
    I find it easier to resist tempting foods since I don't want to destroy the hard work of the morning.

Pick what works for you and go for it!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat the small stuff!!
    It's important you work out - when you do it hardly matters at all.
  • Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    When I was at the gym right near my house I would go at 8pm I loved it.. Now I go to one further so I go at noon or 2pm.. I miss the 8pm time..really whenever you feel you have the most energy.
  • daniellabella986
    daniellabella986 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    ANY time is a good time
  • wkhauser
    wkhauser Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I try to workout in the morning before work. I find my day goes better that way. At night I don't have as much energy and there is the chance I will just not workout.
  • trainingman123
    trainingman123 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Time doesn't matter as long as you have proper form, intensity and protein shakes before and after workout.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Time doesn't matter as long as you have proper form, intensity and protein shakes before and after workout.

It is not necessary to have protein shakes before and after a workout. First of all, food will do. Secondly, you do not need to get protein in immediately after a workout, especially if you are not training fasted.

OP: the best time to train is when you will do it.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Strictly Personal preference...... Best of Luck
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I prefer mid morning. Any later & I'm usually tired & don't give 100%
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I am currently fortunate enough that I am able to work out mid-morning, after the kids are at school.

However, I used to think I "had" to work out in the morning, and if I missed that window, then I just gave up and didn't exercise that day. Now I realize that I don't have to do everything perfectly, and if I work out after dinner, that's ok too.
  • asaffell
    asaffell Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Whenever you get it done!

The worst time is "soon"
  • FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    The earlier the better, because you never know what might come up to keep you from doing it later. Also, working out at night can cause sleep problems. But agree w/other posters, that whatever works is the best way for you. Something is better than nothing.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    The earlier the better, because you never know what might come up to keep you from doing it later. Also, working out at night can cause sleep problems. But agree w/other posters, that whatever works is the best way for you. Something is better than nothing.

For others, exercise will help with sleep. (like me) Train at 5:30 til 7:30ish. Big feed and then I am out like a light!

whenever you perform the best
  • in4nomz
    in4nomz Posts: 230
    Options
    Best time to train? Whenever you will actually go and do it!
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    My best time is right after work! I work a nice early day, 7:00am-3:00pm, so I have plenty of time to get my planned workout in before dinner!

On the weekends, I prefer fasted cardio first thing in the morning!
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Anytime that you can find the time. Makes no difference. Personal preference.