ALMOND BUTTER v PEANUT BUTTER v NUTELLA

Options

Replies

• tashie143
    Options
    It depends I think on what your using it for, I like a tiny amount of peanut butter with like celery, adds in a little more protein and it's great for snacking. My husband likes Nutella, he'll eat it with like toast which is also great, never tried the Almond butter but sounds amazing! Good luck!
  • tashie143
    Options
    I <3 food hee hee
  • tashie143
    Options
    Nutella all the way.. but that's only because it tastes incredible! Something I used to love to eat as a child when I lived in Athens and they had Croissants filled with Nutella in the inside.. amazing!

ha ha I love you :flowerforyou:
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Sunbutter is good too (sunflower seeds) as is cashew butter, any nut butter actually is fine with me. NUTELLA....ah yeah that is like crack to me too.
  • Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Nutella is crack - one taste and I'll end up in a back alley dumpster covered in empty Nutella jars.

ROFL. I love Nutella and this visual is just great.
  • redladee1
    redladee1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    almond butter! just the almonds. :) nutella is more of a treat. natural peanut butter is also fine but almond butter is a great choice for getting your vitamin e. Also, almond butter is from a tree nut, whereas peanuts are actually legumes and can cause bloating in some individuals.

okay, i agree. nutella is a trigger for me and for me, it's like crack in a jar!
    LOL. I agree! Wish almond butter wasn't so expensive though. I could OD on Nutella crepes so that's off my list completely!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Not really interested in PB2 because it seems like its highly processed... unless I have been misinformed

What's wrong with processed?
  • Rosieannaxo
    Options
    Have you ever tried PB2 chocolate? It's not nutella (nothing will ever compare to the heaven that is nutella) but it's peanut buttery chocolate hahaa
  • Solar07
    Solar07 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone, Nutella is a trigger that I didn't even know I had. I just finished the jar and will not be buying it again. At least not at this time until I can get my addiction under control. I'm a Jif girl that really needs to change to the natural PB.
  • astrovivi
    astrovivi Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Have whichever you like.

From a nutritional standpoint, almond and peanut butter obviously have more to offer.

If you love PB but want to avoid the added sugar etc that is in PB2, then why not just get some roasted peanut flour?

i mix that with water or almond milk until thick and creamy like peanut butter but with much less fat for when I don't have enough fat macros left.

Never buy PB2. The roasted peanut flour also tastes better. Also great with a little maple syrup added to make maple PB.
  • emczech5
    emczech5 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    The question is are you going for healthiest or most delicious? Because Nutella is by far the most delicious, but it is no where near the healthier choice.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    The question is are you going for healthiest or most delicious? Because Nutella is by far the most delicious, but it is no where near the healthier choice.

Nutella is no less healthy than peanut butter.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who doesn't like Nutella? I find it sickly sweet and unpleasant.

Love nut butters, I like to vary them each time I finish a jar.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Cant have Nutella in the house cause it goes in my mouth, all in one sitting. Almond butter is yummy but so are all of the other flavors out there.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you like and how it fits into your day.
    I like all three, but I eat my natural peanut butter more often.

However, lately I've been eating my peanut butter WITH my nutella. Best of both worlds!
  • linda231
    linda231 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Roflmao, you are too funny! That is so true though, I am the same way when it comes to stuff like that! :laugh:
  • PurpleBrightside
    Options
    Almond Butter -

Either way, you are going to consume a crap ton of calories and fat
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    Whatever you like. But nutella has added sugar, and the other two should not.

nutella has hazelnut butter added to sugar...
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    YOU FORGOT COOKIE BUTTER> wins them all.
  • trank406
    Options
    Nutella all the way.. but that's only because it tastes incredible! Something I used to love to eat as a child when I lived in Athens and they had Croissants filled with Nutella in the inside.. amazing!

ha ha I love you :flowerforyou:

I love you too wifey ;-D