Quick Breakfast?

Options
cbouchard03
cbouchard03 Posts: 10 Member
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions/ideas for a quick easy to prepare breakfast for on the go. I don't usually have enough time in the morning to sit now and eat, so I grab something to eat on the way. Of course, you know how easy it can be to grab something unhealthy!

Replies

• YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Rice Cake + Peanut Butter / Jelly / Light Whipped Cream. (Use half servings to get calories down if needed)

Instant Oatmeal in small bowl / cup.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    hard boiled eggs, protein shakes (watch sugar), fruit, toast with peanut butter
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Wake up 5-10min. earlier.
  • cbouchard03
    Options
    Thanks DanOhh. Haha.

Thanks for all the helpful ideas! Gotta say, I found the rice cakes with peanut butter, jelly, and light whipped cream interesting;)
  • mrson051405
    Options
    I, too, have to grab breakfast on the run. I have two "go to" favorites depending on time, where I'm heading and what I am in the mood to eat. 1- Kashi blackberry graham bar with either grapes or strawberries or 2- egg beater sandwich (1/4 cup of egg beaters, 1 wedge of Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese on a Deli Flat) with an apple. The first takes NO time to prepare & is the perfect "grab and go" where #2 takes about 3 minutes to toss together.

Good luck.
  • Sparklewolfie
    Options
    Quick oatmeal is very flexible and quick. You can have something different every day!
    try it with:
    peanut butter
    sliced apple
    banana
    brown sugar
    fresh milk
    cinnamon or other spices

Other fast things are eggs. It can be fried, scrambled, etc. in a matter of minutes. You can have it on toast and with a bit of fruit for a more balanced breakfast :smile:
  • cbouchard03
    Options
    Oooh! Those both sound good! Thanks~
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    These are my on the go favorites...

-Oatmeal with raisins and cinnamon ~230 calories. This takes less then 5 minutes to make.

I usually have a combo of two of these choices or just one and a banana:

-Kashi honey sunshine (I usually eat this dry on the go) 3/4 cup is 100 calories. High fiber!
    -Special K protein shake- these are really filling. Also, high fiber. 180 calories.
    -Luna bars- really filling! 180 calories. My favorite is Chocolate peppermint flavor. This is also high in fiber.
  • mynameisdumbnuts
    Options
    You could boil eggs the night before and grab them in the morning. Eat with a banana or something, maybe?
  • brookeybaby_00
    brookeybaby_00 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Bagel Thins 110 cals
    Scrambled egg patty 60 cals
    3 pieces canadian bacon 60 cals

Super delish and filling!
  • cbouchard03
    Options
    Awesome thanks! I'm loving this website:)
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt (Fage is the best . . . I think) with added fresh fruit or hard boiled eggs (You can make them up ahead of time and just grab them on the go). You could also make up baggies of Kashi cereal and pair that with fruit or yogurt too.
  • LaSirena29
    Options
    I usually try to leave myself enough time to make breakfast, but on a day I've over slept & am running late, I always have a toaster waffle (there are some good, healthy, organic options if you look for them) spread with natural peanut or almond butter & a piece of fruit. Its healthy, quick & I can eat it on the go.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I do egg and cheese on toast. It's portable and pretty quick...like 5-10 minutes. You could do a homemade trail mix with dried fruits, nuts, Cheerios, etc. That can be eaten easily in the car.
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    3 pieces of fruit eaten slowly about a half an hour apart.~ Got that idea from the book Skinny *****! LOL
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I do high fiber bread choice with peanut butter (or better n' peanut butter)

or slimfast

or egg whites with low fat feta (which you CAN do in the microwave) (you can also add a slice of canadian bacon and half a whole wheat english muffin)
  • ME02134
    Options
    I was eating Kashi cereal every morning with soy milk and a piece of fruit but I read on another message board about egg beaters in the microwave-- tried it this morning and it worked out great! I even found individually packaged servings so you don't overindulge. You put it in the microwave for about 2 minutes and then I sprinkled fat free cheddar cheese. I then toasted 2 pieces of 100% whole wheat flat bread for a total of 183 calories and it kept me full until about 12:30.
  • randilea
    randilea Posts: 140
    Options
    Bump
  • Amylynn
    Amylynn Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    My usual is a toasted eng. muffin w/an egg, sausage patty & 1/2 slice amer. cheese. It only takes 5 mins & racks in at appx. 250 cals.

What about frozen waffles/pancakes? 2 eggo cakes w/1 tbsp syrup & 1/2 tbsp country crock spread is also under 300 cals.
  • tashtranquillo
    Options
    Yummm. Bump