if you exercise before breakfast do you eat back those cals?

Options
say u do some cardio as soon as u wake up b4 i eat anything . can you eat those calories back ... technically you havent aten anything yet before you workedout so if you "ate them back" you would technically be eating extra. am i wrong ? srry if this is consfuising lol.

Replies

• ils_1231
    ils_1231 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    i think it the same principle regardless. I've exercised before eating, and MFP gives me a deficit even though my calories for the day still show the full amount. I would think that because you are concerned with net calories-- you still want to avoid that initial deficit unless you dont eat all your calories back...

hopefully that makes sense.
  • Brandonalex15
    Brandonalex15 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • turtleball
    turtleball Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Yes, your body still burnt off calories.

If your body still has fat, you have calories.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    You're over complicating it.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    You're overthinking. Just eat it. Or don't.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    You're over complicating it.

Seriously. Don't make it harder than it is.
  • meganuhl1
    meganuhl1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter. There is still 24 hours in a day.
  • Americannabis
    Options
    say u do some cardio as soon as u wake up b4 i eat anything . can you eat those calories back ... technically you havent aten anything yet before you workedout so if you "ate them back" you would technically be eating extra. am i wrong ? srry if this is consfuising lol.

You're still burning calories while exercising. Those calories don't stop existing overnight. That's the simpler way to look at it.