Almost 60 - Anyone interested in losing 40 lbs in 40 weeks?

Options

Replies

• claracharpentier
    claracharpentier Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm not the oldest here but I'm close to it. Going to be 65 January 31. I have 40 pounds to lose and I'm in. Sounds doable, a pound a week.
  • pam4413
    pam4413 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm with you...I am 59 and want to lose 45 pounds by August 20th when I turn 60. I began on January 6th and love the first week 5 pounds lost. I quit smoking when I turned 50 now I want to lose the weight for 60. I've been up and down since my 30's. It is finally time commit to health.
    Even then I wasn't healthy I was border line anorexic and it's taken many years for my mind to realize it is ok to eat. JUST eat healthy.
  • RamonaFr
    RamonaFr Posts: 112
    Options
    I don't have a scale, so don't know how much I'm losing. I'm just watching for the pants size to go down. I weigh in when I go to the doctor's office which is every month or so.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    Can I join please. I have lost over 40lbs already and have 19lbs to go but have been a bit stuck. Maybe this is what I need to get myself going again.

I am 63 by the way.

Thank you. Good luck everyone. It is much easier with friends
  • humptydumpty26
    Options
    Can I be counted in here too please? I am 60 in April 2014 I have 56lbs to lose, gained loads of weight last year when in April 2013 I gave up smoking. Being honest though my weight has been up and down all my life. I have 6 beautiful grandchildren that I want to see grow up, If I stay fat I know I reduce my chances of that....IT AINT HAPPENING.....Cos I am going to lose it

Regards to all and good luck

Humpty
  • highhopes54
    Options
    Hi all, Just joined MFP today and need to lose 40+ as well as get a whole lot fitter. I am turning 54 in a few weeks and would love to meet new friends on this journey. Count me in please.
  • NoVABill
    NoVABill Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Room for one more? 62 and 40 lbs would be fantastic. I did it once, at age 50. At same starting point again :-(
  • 50something14
    50something14 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join this group? 50 with 50 to go but 40 is a nearly there. Virtual inspiration and motivation, giving and getting, could be a plus here.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I am 61 and I want in please! Also I accept friends with open food diaries!
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Hiya! I turned 59 in Oct., and have been on MFP for a little over 3 years. I lost 65 lbs in about 18 months, then sort of stalled out, gained a few, and would like to drop another 10. I've increased exercise over time, but have also increased calories which obviously isn't working. I burn 300-500 cals most days, walking dogs, gardening, jogging a little, dancing in the living room, doing jumping jacks and even kickboxing on occasion. I teach guitar and piano, I drink a little wine almost every night, and I love to cook. And eat. Oh, how I love to eat, lol. Lately I've been snacking at night and simply must get a grip on that issue! Welcome to all, feel free to add me!
  • jeripendegraft
    Options
    I will be 60 in November and I definitely would like to lose 40 pounds before that. I have been been trying to lose weight and have lost weight but always seem to put it back on. Would like to keep it off this time. Had a dietitian tell me about this site and am ready to use it to my advantage. It would be great to be accountable to someone besides myself.
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    darnit, still not using the right html - anybody familiar with the proper coding for posting a pic with html or bbb code?
    Canookie, you have to change the capital letters in the brackets to lower case[img]:)[/img]
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I have about that much left to go. I'm in.
  • cjvvus
    cjvvus Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm in. I'm 56 y/o and just re-joined Myfitnesspal today. Excited about being part of this support group
  • sherrians
    Options
    I have lost eight pounds so far, and would love to lose forty total by my 66th birthday in May, but I think a more realistic goal would be thirty pounds. That would be a pound a week. But by the fourth of July I should be there. I'm in.
  • baxterwel
    Options
    Well here goes. I am 67 and I AM going to lose 40 lb before my 50th class reunion. But My first goal is to not be put on a insulin pump and I have 3 months to prove to the drs that i can manage my blood sugar levels. So I would appreciate any help.
  • kballard66
    Options
    I'm 47 and I have more than just 40 pounds to lose but I'm in!
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm 60 and would love to lose 40 lbs. by August 1, 2014.

I reset my weight ticker to 0 yesterday for motivation. I've already lost about 54 lbs. But I realized that I haven't lost and kept off any weight since March, 2013. So this is Phase II of my weight loss goal.
  • spruitt417
    spruitt417 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • janeytom
    janeytom Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    This is AWESOME- I was so hoping that there'd be other "older" pals. ! I'm planning on losing 65 by my 65th- in October. This app is really good- just started today. Good luck to you all!