Christmas Challenge: Nazareth to Bethlehem (157 km)

Options

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Got in my 2.5 mile run erly this morning thinking I had to go in and fill in in at the chiro office but there was a very lack of communication from there end!:grumble: and I do not have to work which is great and I have some mileage in but will try to do more later today! 60.1 miles is in the rear view mirror and my headlights are shining on 37.5 to gooooo!!!!
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB EVERYONE! This thread is super encouraging.

Crazy as it sounds, I am going to try and plow through the remainder of my distance this week and then issue the bonus challenge on a new thread for those of you that have been burning through it and want to join me on the next leg of the journey. Anyways, I just past the 100 km mark! Woohoo!
  • purplenut
    Options
    20 miles down 77.5 more to go
  • RaeN81
    Options
    Forced my poor husband and friend on a 30+ bike ride yesterday to complete my 157k weekly challenge.
    60.5km run ... just under a hundred to go.

You are doing it every week?
  • Val_from_OH
    Val_from_OH Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Only 4 miles left to go - I will definitely knock this out by tomorrow!
  • vhuber
    Options
    Only 4 miles left to go - I will definitely knock this out by tomorrow!
    No Kidding! That is awesome! How many mile a DAY do you do? Do you wear a pedometer? Good job!
  • vhuber
    Options
    5.5 miles today running/walking on the "dreadmill" while watching Toy Story 3 with my 4 yr old grandson!!!
  • mcentirema
    mcentirema Posts: 7 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • izobel
    izobel Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Thanks RaeNicoll for the challenge - it has been great motivation. Yes, I am trying to bike the distance every week which is very doable if the weather cooperates, but it is the running I need motivation for ... was just looking at my numbers though and think I can get to Bethlehem by the end of the month so would be up for your next challenge :-)
    Again thanks, and it would be great if you could post your new challenge here as well so I don't miss it.
  • NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Adding another 19 miles to my goal! 49.5 miles to go! Halfway there..... Whoop!
  • RaeN81
    Options
    The new thread is up for those ready for the next challenge. Look in the fitness category on the message boards for Christmas Challenge: Part 2.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/135406-christmas-challenge-part-2-flee-to-egypt-420-km
  • vhuber
    Options
    I walked 2 miles this a.m. pulling my grandson on the sled!!! Will try to add more mileage from either the treadmill or the elliptical later today! It was only 18 degrees and he was getting cold so I had to turn around and head back!! As for the next challenge;; I am debating cuz I want to start a hybrid of Insanity and the ChaLean Xtreme cuz I NEED the muscle tone and the conditioning that running, walking, biking etc does NOT give me, but if I do that it has NO mileage to it!:frown:
  • mcentirema
    mcentirema Posts: 7 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • RaeN81
    Options
    I walked 2 miles this a.m. pulling my grandson on the sled!!! Will try to add more mileage from either the treadmill or the elliptical later today! It was only 18 degrees and he was getting cold so I had to turn around and head back!! As for the next challenge;; I am debating cuz I want to start a hybrid of Insanity and the ChaLean Xtreme cuz I NEED the muscle tone and the conditioning that running, walking, biking etc does NOT give me, but if I do that it has NO mileage to it!:frown:

I can see you where you are coming from! It's completely up to you if you'd like to join the secondary part of the challenge :flowerforyou: For me, it's only part of my routine and takes a little over half an hour daily to get it in, but I'm not running it! Do what you feel is best. I'll be finished this leg of the challenge by the end of the week. :heart:
  • Val_from_OH
    Options
    I made it! Onto the next Challenge!
  • vhuber
    Options
    I made it! Onto the next Challenge!
    YEAH! WTG!!!
  • vhuber
    Options
    2miles on the treadmill and 2 miles on the elliptical!!! 71.6 miles done with 26 to go!
  • Val_from_OH
    Options
    I do wear a pedometer. I am doing a fitness challenge at work, and there are prizes for those who get the most steps every week. I came in second one week, but haven't won yet! Without intentionally exercising, I get in about 3 miles a day. When I exercise, I get at least 5.
  • goldilocks007
    Options
    I have been keep up with the miles on the ticker, but I have not been posting! To date I have 53 miles completed. The activities have been walking, elliptical, biking and swimming. I just can't believe I have have over half done and it is not even Thanksgiving yet!
  • vhuber
    Options
    Got in 4.5 on the treadmill while watching Oprah! Only have 21.5 miles left!!!