What are your diet and excercise routines? Help!

Options
hi everyone!

After high school I gained about 50lbs.. I decided 2 weeks ago I need to take care of this
I've been exercising every day for an hour. I run/walk 3-4 miles a day. I also do spin once a week.
I have been eating really healthy too and I've lost almost 4lbs. Not as much as I wanted.
How long will it take me to loose the 50 lbs? What are your diets and exercise routines?

Replies

• skinny0000
    skinny0000 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Don't pay as much attention to what the scales say as much as what a measuring tape says. Or how your clothes fit. Or how much energy you have. Or how you look.

I recommend reading "Fit or Fat." Great book on exercise!
  • JennBona
    JennBona Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    It took me 7 months to loose 50 lbs , I work out 5-6 days a week from anywhere from 30-60 minutes and usually eat around 1500 calories . But it is a good idea to take measurements as well. 1-2 lb loss a week is a healthy loss , you need to give it time
  • ChristineOlivarri
    ChristineOlivarri Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Zumba: Mon, Wed & Fri Spin Class: Tues & Thurs. Saturday and Sunday I take a break from the gym but usually take the kids out for a 1- 2 mile walk, if my husband isn't away for work I still try to hit the gym on Saturday and swim. Started doing this about 2 weeks ago and I have almost lost 10 lbs. The weight is coming off fast for me now because I am pretty overweight 5'5 and 225 lbs. I eat under 1400 calories per day, lots of fruits and vegetables and once a day I have a Hershey kiss because there is no way in hell I can give up chocolate, but I only have ONE not the whole bag like I used to.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I lost over 5olbs with no exercise. Weight loss is about calories, calories, calories :)
    I started exercising after I transitioned into maintenance, here's my winter schedule-

MWF: Mark Lauren's Body By You at home strength training program/30 minutes
    T/TH/S: 20ish minutes jogging and 'jump roping' on rebounder
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    hi everyone!

After high school I gained about 50lbs.. I decided 2 weeks ago I need to take care of this
    I've been exercising every day for an hour. I run/walk 3-4 miles a day. I also do spin once a week.
    I have been eating really healthy too and I've lost almost 4lbs. Not as much as I wanted.
    How long will it take me to loose the 50 lbs? What are your diets and exercise routines?

Calculator here:

http://www.fitwatch.com/qkcalc/weight-loss-calculator.php

For exercise I do cardio - works my heart, builds endurance / strength training - helps me keep muscle mass while dieting / yoga - for flexibility & balance.

I log minutes on a spreadsheet ......left to my own devices ....strength would get shorted. Yoga is really about how I feel .....sometimes I skip it.

My diet routine is ......everything in moderation. I want to make diet changes that will last a lifetime.
  • Irishoats
    Options
    There is a separate thread for fitness and exercise advice. Did you not see the title of this thread?
  • fitmomma23
    fitmomma23 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Here is a recommendation from someone who is still on the path to fitness....go to bodybuilding.com, pick a program (they are free!) and go with it!!! Do your best and set your goals! AMAZING site along with this one to track your food intake and the communities on both of these sites are awesome =-) Good luck!
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    4# in 2 weeks is a pretty good loss.... but it may not come that fast all the time. Don't rush it. I know sometimes I just think "I want all this weight off right now!" but it took a while to gain it... so it's going to take a while to lose it. Personally, I've done this song and dance before where I was working out a lot everyday and it just wasn't sustainable for me.... so I'm taking the SLOW road and hoping this time I won't gain it all back. What's working for me:

SW: 180
    CW: 172
    GW: 140

I follow New Rules of Lifting for Women (lifting 3x/week), I will do about 30min of cardio/week. An occasional walk or run... whatever I feel like. A few times each week I'll play my Wii Fit or Wii Dance to burn some extra calories (I don't really count that as exercise). I only do it if I feel like it. I eat between 1500-1700 calories per day depending on how hungry I am and workout for the day. I'm losing about .6-1lb each week. I cut all fast food, soda, store bought juices, sweet tea, boxed and frozen meals. I only eat straight "carbs" (pasta, bread, potatoes) with 1 meal/day (lunch or breakfast) and I make sure when I eat in the evening its atleast 2hrs before bedtime. I cut my alcohol back to only 2-3x/week (1 5oz glass of wine). Everyone's different and what works for one person may not work for another.... but after doing this MANY times I've found this method/lifestyle I have now is working for me and its been something I can easily keep up with. Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!