I see what you did there....
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Genius!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Oh make this into "wings"... scrumptious idea.....

Bad bad broccoli!!! :laugh:
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    th?id=H.4584359138232915&w=289&h=188&c=7&rs=1&pid=1.7
  • zazieinedinburgh
    Options
    I've been looking for months for a healthy broccoli sub. Do you have a purple sprouting broccoli recipe too? I'd love to get that.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Why do you have to dye it green? Why can't you just eat the cauliflower? Am I stupid?
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    Why do you have to dye it green? Why can't you just eat the cauliflower? Am I stupid?

Then it wouldn't be a very good substitute for broccoli would it?
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    OP,
    I have a question...
    I make my cauliflower out of homemade pizza crust dough because homemaker is better than store bought anything.
    Will the technique change?
    What if I want to make broccoli cheese soup with it?
  • Charalena1982
    Options
    My little boy claims broccoli and cauliflower are the same thing, just that cauliflower was scared when it was picked and that is why it is white.
  • Jewels233
    Jewels233 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This post inspired me. I decided to utilize the cauliflower as a meat substitute and dyed in brown. Unfortunately it resembled well...use your imagination and I did not find it appetizing.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Bump. YUM!
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    OP,
    I have a question...
    I make my cauliflower out of homemade pizza crust dough because homemaker is better than store bought anything.

this confuses me greatly. it's like cauliflower inception or something... :huh:
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    Do you have a recipe for organic green dye? I feel like it wouldn't really be healthy otherwise. You know what they say about yellow #5...
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Do you have a recipe for organic green dye? I feel like it wouldn't really be healthy otherwise. You know what they say about yellow #5...

Head of broccoli
    water
    saucepan

Boil head of broccoli for 30 mins. Throw out head of broccoli, keep green water. Boom, son!

Organic green dye.
  • DamePiglet
    Options
    OP,
    I have a question...

this confuses me greatly. it's like cauliflower inception or something... :huh:

I tried it and it was a big freakin' mess.
    And now I'm obese.

Thanks, OP. :angry:
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    There was a big news story recently about how some cruciferous vegetables eaten in excess can cause hypothyroidism. The article specifically mentioned kale and reported people who regularly ate pounds of the stuff a day. I can't imagine how that would even by possible except by juicing.

I don't imagine that eating normal amounts of kale or broccoli is going to cause a problem. And for the record, cauliflower is in the same family of plants, so it's still a cruciferous veggie.
  • DamePiglet
    Options
    There was a big news story recently about how some cruciferous vegetables eaten in excess can cause hypothyroidism. The article specifically mentioned kale and reported people who regularly ate pounds of the stuff a day. I can't imagine how that would even by possible except by juicing.

I don't imagine that eating normal amounts of kale or broccoli is going to cause a problem. And for the record, cauliflower is in the same family of plants, so it's still a cruciferous veggie.

And the others laughed at me for making my cauliflower out of bread.
    Look who's laughing now! :laugh:
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    caliFOULer is almost as nasty as okra...almost... it's like okra's ugly step-sister...
  • CarolinkaCjj
    CarolinkaCjj Posts: 622 Member
    Options

So...
    1. Yup - what she said - everything in moderation
    2. My husband says that cauliflower tastes like butterfly wings (apparently, he tested this a a child) so this would not be a good idea.
    3. Smarty pants botanist in me: Broccoli and Cauliflower are the same species (along with kale, Brussels sprouts, cabbage and kohlrabi)
    4. I can only assume broccoli is better than funyuns
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    If I were to juice healthy 'broccoli' and add it to water, can I count it in my water intake?