fitbit users which one do you recommend?

Options
i have a fitbit ultra (one that goes in pocket or clips to clothes) have had it for two years. i love it, but 6 months ago i broke the screen and button so it was less helpful during the day, i would have to log onto a computer to see my progress, now today I finally did the unthinkable and put it through the washer. -- crazy thing still syncs but doesn't seem to want to charge the battery at all so i have like 3-4 days before i am without a fitbit.

anyways...... i can't decide if i want another one that goes in my pocket or the bracelet type. i work in healthcare so hands wrists are constantly getting washed/ dirty.. and i don't wear a watch so i don't if it would be akward for me to start wearing the fitbit. -- -- those with the flex or force do you love them -- what don't you like about them?? does it come apart easily - would it snag and fall off??

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    i broke the screen and button so it was less helpful during the day, i would have to log onto a computer to see my progress.
    Fitbit Flex doesn't have a display. You have to open the app on a smartphone or tablet or sync it with a computer to see your progress. So I'd say the Force is a better fit for you.

Edited to add that MFP has a "Fitbit Users" group: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/1307-fitbit-users
  • Hanszy
    Hanszy Posts: 1
    Options
    Fitbit support may be willing to replace it for free, though I have heard some stories of people with the ultra getting rejected since it is discontinued and they would have to replace it with the fitbit one. It is worth a shot though.
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I have the flex....i like it but dont love it. It's wonderful for regular Fitbit reasons (tracking, 5 day battery life, etc) but the Flex is great cause you can wear it washing dishes, showering, washing hands, etc. BUT the downside is that it stays wet underneath and the inner pocket stays wet all the time. Bacteria breeding grounds. I wipe it with a Q-tip sometimes but there's no there's no real way to KEEP it clean and dry.
  • fuman19
    fuman19 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just got the flex about a week ago and I love it! I haven't had any issues with it falling off or anything like that, but it's really easy to get off and take apart when you need to. I shower with it on, wash my hands a lot (I work with kids), and sleep with it on. My only complaint is that it doesn't have a screen/display so you can't just look at it to see your progress, you have to sync it. The force does have the display so if that's a feature you really liked about your old one you might consider paying the extra for that.

I decided against the pocket versions just because I am very prone to misplacing things as well as putting things through the wash that aren't meant for the wash....hahaha!
  • Happylady123
    Happylady123 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    bump
  • littlekat1
    littlekat1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit one and LOVE IT! There is an app for the program so I can see my progress throughout the day. I would highly recommend it.
  • jasonheyd
    jasonheyd Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I went from the Ultra to the Flex. I considered the Force, but didn't want to have to take it off for showering or swimming. Having the Flex on my wrist & never having to worry about taking it off (except for an occasional cleaning or charge) has been a big improvement.

Cleaning the Flex band hasn't been a big deal. I pretty much just run it under hot water & occasionally swab out the band when I'm putting it in the charger.

The limited display on the Flex hasn't been an issue for me either. It's easy to tell how I'm progressing towards my goal, and having the near real-time sync to my phone via bluetooth is really nice.

The only downside is that I do still occasionally look at my wrist to check the time... Old habit from when I used to wear a wrist-watch. :)
  • dawnee68
    dawnee68 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I had the One until it went through the wash at the weekend! Loved it, miss it. I don't want to lose another so I'm going to go with the Force when it is released in Australia.
  • akj_25
    akj_25 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone
    I think i want to go with the force next but many the reviews say that the band is horrible and falls off easily so i will probably just go with the one.

But the good news is --- my ultra finally took a charge and is syncing fine. IT'S ALIVE. this thing has like nine lives :) so i don't have to decide today what my new fitbit is going to be.
  • jasonheyd
    jasonheyd Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    For what it's worth, the Flex band's been fine. I've had it come off my wrist once in the middle of the night, and it came loose once when I was putting a jacket on. Otherwise, I barely know it's there, but it's easy on & easy off when I do need to move it for some reason.