Replies

• fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • andit001
    andit001 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    It's about your calorie balance not about when you're eating.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's "allowed;" meal timing has no impact on weight loss. Your metabolism doesn't run on a clock, as in, it doesn't reset at a certain time. It's constantly running and so it doesn't matter when you put the calories in, they will get burned.
  • Darrelkun
    Darrelkun Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Yes, though I prefer to stop a few hours before bed. (One of The Skinny Rules I'm trying to follow.) As others have said it doesn't really matter. For me it's just a nice will power booster of, "I can do this! I have control over my food!" But if you're hungry you should eat.
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Yes. Something light usually, because I can't sleep well If I'm really full. But that's just me.

Last night I had rolled oats with plain yogurt.
  • dawnygirl17
    Options
    Thanks I wasn't sure
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Yep I eat dinner around 7:30 - 8pm and have a protein shake then mini-meal after the gym, around 10:30 - 11pm.
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    I only eat about 800-1200 calories in the evening, unless I went on a long hike, then I may eat 2200-3000 calories. I'm losing weight too. So, its more a question of what DON'T I eat in the evening. Just stay within your calorie goals, do SOME kind of exercise and eat whenever you'd like. :)
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    We eat dinner/supper about 7.30/8. Go to bed about 10.
  • amcsouth
    amcsouth Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Yep, I eat whenever I'm hungry as long as it's within my macros/calories :smile:
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry don't take this personal, really. I just find this stuff about eating before bed to be so stupid and i am tired of hearing it. I know it's a legit question for a lot of people but come on. What about graveyard workers. If eating at nights was an issue no graveyard worker would ever be able to lose weight.
  • dawnygirl17
    Options
    I'm sorry don't take this personal, really. I just find this stuff about eating before bed to be so stupid and i am tired of hearing it. I know it's a legit question for a lot of people but come on. What about graveyard workers. If eating at nights was an issue no graveyard worker would ever be able to lose weight.
    What a judgemental and rude reply, I'm new to dieting and asked a bit of advice! Go take your PMT elsewhere
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Is this allowed?

You're an adult, right? As long as you aren't harming, or potentially harming, another person or property, you can do what you like. There's no MFP police to stalk you and whip the tub of icecream, bowl of broccoli or piece of pie out of your hand at 7:00:04.

If you want to eat at midnight, eat at midnight.

"Will eating late at night have a negative effect on my weight loss"? No. You may not sleep properly if you go to bed stuffed..getting good sleep is important so if you need time to digest food before bed, stop eating when YOU need to stop. Make your own rules. Work out what suits you and your lifestyle.
  • MCLA4mom
    MCLA4mom Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I eat something small within an hour of going to sleep. I did this the entire time I was losing weight and lost 75lbs and have kept it off for more that two years and still eat at night. I don't let more than three hours go by without eating. You can eat anything you WANT whenever you WANT. Now, what do you WANT? It's all about choices and goals right?
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I eat at night because people give you funny looks when you eat ice cream for breakfast.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Of course. And "allowed" by who? They're not the boss of me!
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    It's about your calorie balance not about when you're eating.

This.

Though for me, not eating after 7pm is one of the tools I use to help keep my calories in check. I used to be a big mindless time time snacker and would consume large amounts of calories at night, without even really realizing it. For me it was just better to eliminate night time eating while I was losing weight, and that's now carried over into maintenance. But, from a weight loss standpoint, you can eat your calories at any time, as long as you stay within your allotted number :)
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Is this allowed?

I heard the MFP police will come and get you if you eat after 6 PM.

Then again, I had a bowl of ice cream last night immediately before climbing into bed last night, and I woke up this morning neither apprehended nor fat. So maybe you can get away with it.
  • steffipaulina
    Options
    Calories are Calories. When I was my thinnest I would wait to have my biggest meal at night because I tend to be the hungriest then.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Is this allowed?

I heard the MFP police will come and get you if you eat after 6 PM.

Then again, I had a bowl of ice cream last night immediately before climbing into bed last night, and I woke up this morning neither apprehended nor fat. So maybe you can get away with it.

This^ \m/