What are your thoughts of getting a Vitamix blender?

Options
2»

Replies

• angie007az
    angie007az Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I think it would be an excellent investment in your health.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Not sure on the Vitamix, but I have the Nutribullet and love it. I make a smoothie every evening with a frozen banana, 2tbs of peanut butter, 4 ice cubes, a cup of almond milk, and a scoop of protein powder and it makes a soft serve ice cream smoothie. So good. Sometimes I add vegetables as well, but not usually.
  • Greytfish
    Greytfish Posts: 810
    Options
    We just got one (for dog food - no seriously. The German Shepard in my picture eats a home cooked diet of blended butternut squash, peas, carrots, lean turkey and brown rice sometimes hard boiled eggs. We use the blender three times a day for her alone). I LOVE it. It blends really well.
    It's also super easy to clean.
    Now this is love.....what a well looked after dog...very impressed!! You have given me an idea to do this for my cats....thank you so much...I don't know why I never thought of this for my wee companions! Keep up the good work! :flowerforyou:

Feeding a carnovore an almost entirely veg diet is not exactly in the realm of love. It is probably a good amount of effort.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    We just got one (for dog food - no seriously. The German Shepard in my picture eats a home cooked diet of blended butternut squash, peas, carrots, lean turkey and brown rice sometimes hard boiled eggs. We use the blender three times a day for her alone). I LOVE it. It blends really well.
    It's also super easy to clean.
    Now this is love.....what a well looked after dog...very impressed!! You have given me an idea to do this for my cats....thank you so much...I don't know why I never thought of this for my wee companions! Keep up the good work! :flowerforyou:

Feeding a carnovore an almost entirely veg diet is not exactly in the realm of love. It is probably a good amount of effort.
    Jesus H Christ read my post above. Nevermind the fact when she hurt foot I spent 8 months going to the vet every 4 days with her... and we get her blood tested every 3 months to make sure she's absorbing her protein.
    Our vet says in all her years, our dog is has the best blood work of any other lympgenctasia dog she's ever treated. Literally "perfect" is the word she uses for her bloodwork and levels. So trust me it's a lot more than "a good amount of effort".
  • gsgitu
    gsgitu Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    i researched for weeks on a blender. ninja, bullet, vitamix, blendtec, etc, etc. ended up with the Vitamix. i will probably never have to buy another blender. awesome. yea, the regular ones work and i may not use it every day. but i can't tell you how many of the regular ole blenders i went through and replaced. after it coming down to blend tec and vitamix, i honestly can't remember what the deal maker was about the vitamix. i got it at costco and got the one with the dry container so i can make flour out of my wheat berries and use it to grind coffee etc. i couldn't be happier that i spent the money on it. the difference is amazing in just making a smoothie or something simple. save your pennies and get vitamix
  • perrinjoshua
    perrinjoshua Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I have been looking into the Vitamix blender for myself as well. I am getting pretty good results with my current blender but since I have been going more and more into smoothies in the morning and want to continue to incorporate more raw vegetables into my diet, it seems to be the best one out there, according to the market surveys as well as first hand recommendations from friends that have one. I think it would be worth the investment. The prices on their blenders does vary and right now I am looking at the one below the $600 mark because once taxes, etc., come into play it will become $600. I'm looking forward to getting one next month some time. Enjoy your smoothies!
  • cfennerr
    Options
    The Vitamix I would get is only $300 after using the free shipping code 06-008426 and comes with the variable speed, new container, recipe book, and a 5 year warranty on their site. I think I will be purchasing one, now is it worth the additional cost for the higher end models? The presets and smaller wider container are tempting. hmmm....

Also how is the recipe book? Should I look elsewhere for recipes or is it pretty expansive?
  • gsgitu
    gsgitu Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    The Vitamix I would get is only $300 after using the free shipping code 06-008426 and comes with the variable speed, new container, recipe book, and a 5 year warranty on their site. I think I will be purchasing one, now is it worth the additional cost for the higher end models? The presets and smaller wider container are tempting. hmmm....

Also how is the recipe book? Should I look elsewhere for recipes or is it pretty expansive?
    not sure the presets are necessary. a majority of recipes you switch it on turn up to 10 and flip the ludicrous speed button. only grinding coffee have i ever really used a lower speed, most it is just high speed. recipe book is a good guide. gives you an idea of how to use the machine. good baseline. and some decent recipes. of course you can find plenty on the webs.
    also if you get one, the plunger is a must use on a lot of stuff. what i found is you put it in and move it in a circular pattern, don't just plunge it up and down. add liquid, this is a quality machine but you can still burn it up. my son went to make something and i heard this terrible noise coming from our new $500 blender. he didn't put any liquid and packed it with something, don't remember what it was. enjoy. we love ours.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    I like having it. Nice kitchen tool. Wouldn't buy it. The kitchenaid we had before was inferior but still made fine shakes. $300+ isn't the only option.