Replies

• Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    A DeLorean.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    These are all very good suggestions, OP. Please pay close attention.
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    **scratching head** "Are you serious??!!"
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    don't worry about all the other 'Haterz' I got you covered. Send me a cashier's check for $399.99 and I'll send you my special turboscopicrestistanceflare bands (bungee cords) and special shredabolic protein mix (chicken and beef jerky with some old peanut butter I have in my cubby) and you'll have a six pack in 10 days easy ********

******* won't actually happen.

:laugh: Oh man! Seriously... it took me like 4-5 months to lose 3 inches off my bellay... good luck with ten days lol
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Prepare yourself for disappointment.
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Get a spray tan, a Spanx bathing suit and then suck in your stomach.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Go topless and no-one will be looking at your stomach.

It's a beach not a fitness competition or fashion show, enjoy the holiday.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    tigerpalm.jpg
  • 40andFindingFitness
    40andFindingFitness Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    What's the best way?

Go to Beachbody.com, they ship quickly.

Hahahahaha!!! Aw man, I just love it. Plus it's true.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    1340164257026_8404293.png
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Step 1: Go to a beach.
    Step 2: There is no step 2! Your body is now a beach body.
  • tempehforever
    tempehforever Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    How to get a beach body:

1) Have a human body
    2) Put your body on a beach

Congrats, you have a beach body!
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Step 1: Go to a beach.
    Step 2: There is no step 2! Your body is now a beach body.

This. There are all sorts of bodies on the beach. In my 15 months of living on one, I never saw a supermodel.
  • RachyLovesRattys
    RachyLovesRattys Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I honestly feel bad because you asked this question truly not knowing the reaction you were going to get.

Obviously, now you know you aren't going to lose 3 inches and get all fit and toned in a week...but there's more to it than that.

Like others said, you can watch your bloating by drinking water and watching your sodium, avoiding sodas and sugar soaked beverages. You can also take fiber or eat a lot of fiber rich vegetables to help things "move through" your body regularly (a lot of people are "backed up" and don't know it!)

That being said, you won't notice any extreme weight loss from this. Your belly may be a little flatter, but that's about it. Certainly not 3 inches flatter (like others have said, it took me MONTHS to lose 3 waist inches)

But..also, like others have said--what's more important is looking in the mirror and loving you for who you are. I started this journey last January and in August I had a weeklong beach vacation. Number one, I wasn't where I wanted to be weight wise yet (I was derailed by a tick bite, college graduation, and then the flu--all at once) and when I was down there I ended up eating like CRAZY and gained 7 pounds of fat (I'm 4'11--my calories are usually around 1300--I was eating almost 5,000 a day! And was sick and nauseated as hell most of the time--thank you rum punch and deep fried ice cream sandwiches!)

But....I got tons of compliments down there...nobody looked at me like I was some type of abomination, and I had a great time. I was proud of what my body looked like--I didn't care what anyone else thought. And when you feel that way--at 100 pounds or 300--people see your confidence, not your "figure". It's all about how you work it girlie! I was bloated...had my TOM...and I still looked hot!

Now I just look at it as more motivation for next year to get where I want to be! Take everything a day at a time and know that true progress comes slowly--not overnight :)
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Look In The mirror every day and make friends with what you see. Find your confidence and walk on that beach like you love how you look.

I am trying to use this philosophy in every day life to get over my body hatred! It's working a bit too! Good advice.
  • squiguk
    squiguk Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you don't have enough time to make a significant difference to your appearance/weight (as you have probably gathered!). Try to focus on feeling confident, drink loads of water and eat lots of fresh fruit, veg and protein so at least you won't feel bloated or uncomfortable.

Just focus on healthy eating and exercise when you get back if you do want to lose weight and tone up but don't do anything drastic in the next week, its really not worth it!

Enjoy your holiday!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    Yes for the beach....forgot to mention. I only want to lose about 3 inches all stomach area. And general tone up.

I'm eating 1200 cls a dy but what exercise to do?
    Wear board shorts and a t shirt. No one will notice that the 3 inches and non "toned" body exists. What you're asking is not a VIABLE way to lose fat.
    And trust that most people on the beach are oblivious to what others look like. Like you, they're too concerned about how they look like.
    Go to the beach and enjoy rather than freak out about how you look.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I honestly feel bad because you asked this question truly not knowing the reaction you were going to get.

Obviously, now you know you aren't going to lose 3 inches and get all fit and toned in a week...but there's more to it than that.

Like others said, you can watch your bloating by drinking water and watching your sodium, avoiding sodas and sugar soaked beverages. You can also take fiber or eat a lot of fiber rich vegetables to help things "move through" your body regularly (a lot of people are "backed up" and don't know it!)

That being said, you won't notice any extreme weight loss from this. Your belly may be a little flatter, but that's about it. Certainly not 3 inches flatter (like others have said, it took me MONTHS to lose 3 waist inches)

But..also, like others have said--what's more important is looking in the mirror and loving you for who you are. I started this journey last January and in August I had a weeklong beach vacation. Number one, I wasn't where I wanted to be weight wise yet (I was derailed by a tick bite, college graduation, and then the flu--all at once) and when I was down there I ended up eating like CRAZY and gained 7 pounds of fat (I'm 4'11--my calories are usually around 1300--I was eating almost 5,000 a day! And was sick and nauseated as hell most of the time--thank you rum punch and deep fried ice cream sandwiches!)

But....I got tons of compliments down there...nobody looked at me like I was some type of abomination, and I had a great time. I was proud of what my body looked like--I didn't care what anyone else thought. And when you feel that way--at 100 pounds or 300--people see your confidence, not your "figure". It's all about how you work it girlie! I was bloated...had my TOM...and I still looked hot!

Now I just look at it as more motivation for next year to get where I want to be! Take everything a day at a time and know that true progress comes slowly--not overnight :)

You bring up a very good point.

TOM!

Whatever you do OP don't have your TOM on that day. Easily 17 inches right there!
  • Cellby
    Cellby Posts: 29 Member
    Options

Thanks o much, your right :)
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

this thread is almost better than the MFP Romance thread. almost.