Non-Food Rewards

Options

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of threads like this but I always love them! It's cool to see others rewarding themselves and treating themselves well. Also, it helps me get ideas ;-)

I can't remember all of my little rewards along the way so far. I've done athletic items like a bicycle helmet, glow in the dark basketball (fun), nice jump rope, and activewear/footwear. The 1X compression-style pants were a huge NSV for me last summer, and it's bittersweet to find them getting baggy now :-/

New clothes are sometimes a bit of a reward, too, even though they are truly necessary I may hit a little 5- or 10-lb milestone and think to myself "yeah, go ahead and order 3 tops from Target, you saw them in-store but they didn't have your size" when otherwise I may just pass on a good deal online.

I am 1.4 lb from onederland which is a huge milestone for me (haven't seen anything that side of 200 since I was in 8th grade). I have been collecting all new makeup and brushes, everything white and metallic...nothing super $$ but Flower by Drew Barrymore, Almay, elf, and a couple small Benefit things...and I ordered a Lucite cube organizer to keep all of it in. That is a huge reward to myself for getting to 199 lb. I have it all at home except the organizer which should arrive Thurs but if I am not at 199 by this weekend I'm not going to use ANY of it until I get there!!

Congratulations on almost being in onederland!! I haven't seen that wonderful place for over ten years now. I can't wait to get back there again. I love all of your reward ideas, especially the make-up and organizer..that's right up my alley!

aww thank you so much! You sound so dedicated, you'll be back there too!!!!
  • Bethany0214
    Bethany0214 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My non-food reward is for every 20lbs lost I would purchase myself a new tervis cup. I love those things! every time I get a new one it gets me excited to keep drinking my liquids! ????

I had to Google what a tervis cup was..and I have to say they are really cool! I can see why you would make them a reward. My boyfriend often makes fun of me because I have a cup/mug obsession. I think these would be a great reward for me!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    depends on my budget but i plan on giving myself treats along the way like nail polish, jewelry, non essential clothing and shoes (non essential meaning i consider some things neessities especially if i had it before and i get sized out of it as i lose weight), blu-rays, cookbooks, make up, perfume,
  • dmz1207
    dmz1207 Posts: 13
    Options
    non-food rewards are hard enough, but what about no-cost rewards? I'm on a tight budget and it's difficult to reward yourself without spending any $$

ideas like a hike aren't bad, but it's pretty flat around me and it's also January right now lol.
    sometimes a well-deserved nap really hits that reward spot, simple as it may sound
    or treat yourself to sleeping in an extra hour when it's not crucial to be up (if you can't tell I am sleep deprived and suffer from mild insomnia haha; its actually DSPS for those who want to google that condition; i have to take melatonin supplements)

Hard to think of many more that don't require money or other people making you happy...
  • dtimedwards
    dtimedwards Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm...I can be somewhat of a thrill seeker.

I'd go with cliff diving, bungee jumping, paragliding, or even skydiving.

All of those are on my bucket list and seem like great rewards!

When I got under the max allowable weight I went ziplining and took a helicopter trip. The same week I went kayaking for the first time.
  • seltzermint555
    Options

When I got under the max allowable weight I went ziplining and took a helicopter trip. The same week I went kayaking for the first time.

This is awesome!!

I have not been on an amusement park ride since 2001 or 2002, and I LOVE roller coasters. For so long, I was at a high enough weight where some rides might not have fit or allowed me on and I just avoided the whole situation from fear of humiliation. When I got below 230 lb, I decided I WAS going on a roller coaster ASAP because I fit well on everything when I was around 230. Now I'm at 199 so extra psyched!

There's an amusement park in my area (Silver Dollar City) and I have not gone yet since losing the weight, but it just so happens that they're giving free passes this year to people born in the year I was born! AND then my husband got a free pass too...so we're gonna ride for free, yay!
  • mrsjones2point0
    mrsjones2point0 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    My favorite are mani/pedis, and massages.

Last week I went those red shirts in the mall and got a foot reflexology massage - $20 for 20 minutes. . . best 20 minutes I've had in a long time, it was amazing!

When I make it to my 4th straight week of running C25K without giving up, I've promised myself new running shoes! The real running store kind. .. not whatever is on clearance at Big 5!
  • Bethany0214
    Options

That's awesome! Such a great idea and different take on rewards. I always wanted to try ziplining, but I've been over what the weight limit is for a long time. I also want to try rock wall climbing!
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    In addition to rewarding myself for weight loss (I use many of the same ideas already listed), I also reward myself for exercising. Every time I exercise, I put $1 in a jar on my dresser. I am free to spend that money on anything I want! I just recently purchased a North Face coat (something I've wanted for a couple of years but didn't feel like I could justify the splurge) and I still have money in the jar.
  • CharPockett
    Options
    For free/low cost non food rewards how about a diy spa treatment using household ingredients. Hot oil hair wraps (whatever oil you use, be in olive, coconut etc, heated up slightly, comb through your hair and wrap in cling film and a heated towel. Avocado mashed up makes a nice face mask, olive oil and rock salt a nice body/facial scrub, lemon juice in a bath is invigorating and smells divine etc. I'm sure there are plenty more. Just taking time to run a bath and read that book you bought years ago but never seem to have the time to read is also a pretty nice treat. Just small things to show yourself that you matter too!
  • fallenoaks50
    Options
    I'm thinking about exercise based rewards for mine. Beachbody DVDs, Garmin watch, maybe a new road bike when I hit my goal. Haven't decided for sure yet, but that is where my head is.
  • maryfbeattie
    Options
    Fancy bath salts / bubbles for a good soak.
    Get hair cut and / or colored.
    I LOVE this type of flavored water at Whole Foods--its Lavendar Mint, zero calories, no sweeteners. A little pricey for a bottle of water so I think of it as a reward.
    New workout clothes
    New type of tea (new calories and fun to try)
  • ArtsyGarbage
    Options
    Honestly, when I lost my first 40 lbs, i bought myself two mice and saved them from being snake food. It was fine for the first 14 hours or so.
    (0/10 DO NOT RECOMMEND- MICE TRY TO ESCAPE THE CAGE 24/7 DUCT TAPE DOES NOT STOP THEM)
  • keeptehpeace
    keeptehpeace Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    My favorite are mani/pedis, and massages.

Last week I went those red shirts in the mall and got a foot reflexology massage - $20 for 20 minutes. . . best 20 minutes I've had in a long time, it was amazing!

When I make it to my 4th straight week of running C25K without giving up, I've promised myself new running shoes! The real running store kind. .. not whatever is on clearance at Big 5!
    Hope you don't mind me stealing your reward idea but foot massages are my favourite thing ever!
  • maryfbeattie
    Options
    I love making body scrub! Best one ever-- heat coconut oil with chunks of ginger to infuse. Mix ginger with sugar and salt and one to two drops of lemongrass oil. It smells incredible and feels great.
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    For free/low cost non food rewards how about a diy spa treatment using household ingredients. Hot oil hair wraps (whatever oil you use, be in olive, coconut etc, heated up slightly, comb through your hair and wrap in cling film and a heated towel. Avocado mashed up makes a nice face mask, olive oil and rock salt a nice body/facial scrub, lemon juice in a bath is invigorating and smells divine etc. I'm sure there are plenty more. Just taking time to run a bath and read that book you bought years ago but never seem to have the time to read is also a pretty nice treat. Just small things to show yourself that you matter too!

If you ask me that is not a reward but a WAY OF LIFE and I love it. Seriously though, fabulous ideas lady!
  • Bethany0214
    Options
    I love making body scrub! Best one ever-- heat coconut oil with chunks of ginger to infuse. Mix ginger with sugar and salt and one to two drops of lemongrass oil. It smells incredible and feels great.

That sounds like heaven! I love the smell of ginger in anything. Very awesome idea!
  • Bethany0214
    Options
    Honestly, when I lost my first 40 lbs, i bought myself two mice and saved them from being snake food. It was fine for the first 14 hours or so.
    (0/10 DO NOT RECOMMEND- MICE TRY TO ESCAPE THE CAGE 24/7 DUCT TAPE DOES NOT STOP THEM)

I'm sorry but this made me LOL. This is something I would totally do too. I'm sorry it didn't work out well for you, but hopefully the mice appreciate it. :)
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Replying so this shows up on my page..working on rewards to add to my 101 Things in 1001 Days list :bigsmile:
  • mitchiejo
    mitchiejo Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Workout clothes or videos are my fave!