Getting serious!

Options
3 years ago I lost 80lbs, I was in the best shape of my life. Then life happened and I lost track of my fitness and put 50lbs back on in the last year.

This past week I had a major breakthrough and started eating right and throwing myself at the gym. Finally I am able to do it by myself, I don't need anyone to push my workouts anymore (the first time around my best friend and I went together)

So now I am looking for friends that can be supportive on here. I have an open food diary and I am always open to suggestions :)

Also since getting back into it on wed last week I have lost 8lbs!

Replies

• Clovergirl82
    Clovergirl82 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wow, congrats! I would love to lose 8lbs in a week. So far, in two days, I have lost .5 a lb. :P
  • Danni1206
    Danni1206 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    3 years ago I lost 80lbs, I was in the best shape of my life. Then life happened and I lost track of my fitness and put 50lbs back on in the last year.

This past week I had a major breakthrough and started eating right and throwing myself at the gym. Finally I am able to do it by myself, I don't need anyone to push my workouts anymore (the first time around my best friend and I went together)

So now I am looking for friends that can be supportive on here. I have an open food diary and I am always open to suggestions :)

ANDREA - That is amazing girl!!!! Good for you for recommitting. It is definitely time to get serious!!! I would love to be your friend/help support one another!!! :) - Congrats on ur 8lbs!!!!! Rock it!!! :happy:
  • nmncare
    nmncare Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm here for support! Feel free to add me :)
  • kelsiekae
    Options
    Sending a FR your way :) I went through a very similar situation. Always here for motivation!
  • PHS7
    PHS7 Posts: 213 Member
    Options

Congrats. I am doing the same thing. Back in August of 2012 I was down over 50 pounds in less than a year thanks to diet, exercise and, of course, MFP! Then I had a super scary health problem and all of my work went down the drain. Well, I, too started eating healthy again this week and hit the gym today for the first time in a while. Feel great, super motivated, and looking for new MFP friends to take this journey with me. FR on the way!
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Hey! I lost 80 pounds a few years ago as well! :) Sadly, I put all of it back on... friend me! Let's do it or real this time. :)
  • jes5ss
    jes5ss Posts: 2
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) Same thing happened me. Lost 25 kg (55lbs) and have put 24 of it back on! On the track now to get it off and KEEP it off this time!
  • driii123
    driii123 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Great work! I am "getting serious" too. I will send you a FR :)