Your most awesome NSV

Options
Let's pump ourselves up with sharing our proudest moments!

On my restart journey, my most awesome NSV was running 4 miles for the first time since June 1st of last year.
I was so amped up and felt so amazing afterwards, like i had just gained superpowers and broken through a brick wall.

Replies

• Sandia_Sweetie
    Sandia_Sweetie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    This one is kinda silly, but it pleases me...My wedding ring spins on my finger when I'm typing!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    my biggest one so far is being able to see more and more of the car seat while im driving. its awesome.
  • futurerunner
    futurerunner Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Running up and down stairs without getting out of breath!!
  • jacqueinhutto
    jacqueinhutto Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I just started two weeks ago but it has inspired by 15 yr. old daughter to eat healthier (she has been eating along with me much healthier meals that I cook and has started making smoothies for snacks instead of chips) and she has started working out with a friend. I am proud that I am setting a good example for her.
  • votkuhr
    votkuhr Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Ran my first 10 KM marathon in December 2013 and finished strong! I could barely complete 2 KM a few months before that. I'm gunning for a faster 10 KM timing this 2014:)
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Getting into the jeans I used to wear when first married...in 1973. Yes, bellbottoms...but they FIT!
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Someone in the gym (who is very fit and I see lot there, but don't speak to) coming up to me to tell me that I had inspired her that day, because I looked bollo*ed but carried on. I was really embarrassed and flattered. I assumed the really fit people spent their time laughing at chubbers between sets.
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I rappelled down an office building back in October. It was a fundraiser for Special Olympics Texas. I had donated to my friends the previous year, but since I was actually below the weight limit, I figured "what the heck, go for it!"

I'm going to try and find a way to beat it this year, but I don't know if that'll be possible.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Medical tests and exams that show I'm healthy.
  • Shuuma
    Shuuma Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I now have no jeans that are tight and several pairs that are just downright baggy.
  • doIlhands
    doIlhands Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Squatting my bodyweight
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I've been lifting weights since August - and it's paid off; you can definitely tell - especially in my arms.

A few weeks ago my 15 year old daughter's boyfriend was over - apparently he was asking my daughter if she works out in our home gym - she said 'No, but my Mom does all the time'! She called me into the living room and asked me to 'flex' my biceps for her boyfriend to show him my muscles - I did (laughing the whole time) - and he said he was impressed............and had 'great guns'!

I thought it was nice/cute that my teenage daughter was impressed by my weight lifting - enough to brag about it to her boyfriend! Since then, my daughter has asked me to 'flex' for a bunch of her girlfriends as well! I'm trying to get my daughter into weight lifting as well - we'll see if that happens............!
  • TwoPointZero
    TwoPointZero Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    * Pants almost falling off at work (without a belt), and now, getting to smallest sizes on all of the belts I have.

* Got my bench back up to 225, and finally got comfortable doing deads with proper form. [The deads business really made me happy! :) ]

* I can now kill the stairmaster . . .
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Can try clothes on in the dressing rooms without feeling claustrophobic :laugh:
  • kfelton1226
    kfelton1226 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This one is kinda silly, but it pleases me...My wedding ring spins on my finger when I'm typing!

I have this "problem" too and LOVE it since I was at one point completely unable to remove my rings, and was getting a little afraid I might have to have them cut off. It's one of the reasons I started this, since cutting off my wedding an anniversary rings would have been horrible.
  • MMulder68
    MMulder68 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    About 4 weeks ago, a lady (Idid not know her) at my gym came up to me and said she had been watching me and noticed that I was really losing weight. THEN, about 2 weeks ago a man (I didn't know) came up to me and said that he had noticed that since he had started the gym back in April that I had lost weight and was looking great. YES!

Another:
    Having to buy new workout pants because my others were literally falling off. My hubby kept laughing at me walking around with my heavy weights trying to hike my pants up!
  • novauser
    novauser Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Getting into the jeans I used to wear when first married...in 1973. Yes, bellbottoms...but they FIT!

I am fascinated that you kept these so long LOL...I was born in 1970 so I can appreciate how "old" they are ha ha
  • jos05
    jos05 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    * I can now kill the stairmaster . . .

This is mine!!!

I also...
    **love it when other people in the people stop me and tell me how good I am looking...

Plus, every time I am able to lift more, go longer, do something at a pace that was my beginner level... I am reminded of exactly why I started in the first place!!!
  • kkmalay
    kkmalay Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    nice one! thats such a cool nsv
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's my absolute BEST one...but I really, really love the way I fit into booths in restaurants!

For years I felt wedged in. Uncomfortably aware of my size. Looking over or across at my dining companion and (with the exception of a few very heavy/large friends & family) seeing that they had several inches of wiggle room between themselves and the table's edge. Worried about dripping food on my chest (which happened far more often than not). Concerned that I may just find the one booth that was actually TOO small for me to fit in. I came close a time or two.

Now I fit. Always. Like a regular average normal woman. It's amazing to me.

Not that I do this regularly, but I could usually even sit "Indian style" in a booth now...something I have not been able to do since I hit puberty.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!