Ifit treadmill question

Options
Ok so we are finally getting a new treadmill.....found one that has Ifit .....the reviews for the Ifit module, which is needed, are not good at all. Anyone else have this? Thanks

Replies

• charlottemilton
    charlottemilton Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    No but I just bought an x9i incline trainer from Nordictrack with ifit built in. The treadmill will work without the ifit subscription but only on its own internal workouts or what you program into it. I am assuming yours is similar. I am really hoping that the ifit module works. I looked at the Grand Canyon area of Google maps and the trails as you move along are awesome. I have actually hiked a couple of the freebies that come with the subscription and am hoping they will be just as good. If so, I will have more motivation to start and finish a workout.
  • eliump2147
    Options
    I've had the NordicTrack X7i with iFit live since December 2010, when they first came out. The first couple months were terrible with all kinds of issues with both the machine AND iFit Live. This being said, all was worked out or repaired and I LOOOOOVE the both the incline trainer and iFit Live. I purchased Jillian Michael's 8 week weight loss iFit program and it worked like a charm! By the spring of 2011 I was in the best shape of my life since competitive high school sports. At 45 years old, I felt pretty darn good about both my look and fitness level.

Unfortunately, I suffered a serious snowboarding injury last April and have piled on all kinds of weight as I was unable to get any sound cardiovascular work in. Well, I was given the go-ahead and now I'm back on the incline trainer starting from scratch. I live between two homes over a hour away from each other. Trying to stay on track with my favorite form exercise (for the sake of exercise alone) I just yesterday purchased NordicTrack's X9i for the second home. I can't wait to experience all the new bells and whistles of the new trainer! The cool iFit functions and Google maps via iFit make getting fit so much more interesting for me. This is a good thing because, come August, I need to sport a wedding dress for the first time in my life :-)

Does anyone out there know if I need to buy a second iFit subscription for the new machine or can I log into my existing account from either incline trainer???
  • eliump2147
    Options
    Charolette, what do you think of the X9i?
  • lorinjer
    lorinjer Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! My treadmill does come with 30 preset workouts so for now we are gojng to use those. ....maybe after christmas get the Ifit. I love working out with jillian Michaels
  • baconbitsy
    baconbitsy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just got my ifit live subscription for my elliptical going yesterday and it is pretty cool. If anyone would like to try it out - I found the code "newyear" gets you a free 30 day trial of the premium membership. The code worked yesterday...but I'm not sure how much longer this new year special will go. Last night I climbed a volcano in Hawaii from my home in Chicago. $99 for a year of iFitLive is a bit steep, but it might be motivating - it's a pretty neat way to see the world.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I've had ifit for almost 2 years now. Once with the module you buy separately, and then when they had to replace my treadmill under warranty, I got one with the build in screen/access. I haven't really played much with anything other than the google maps interface. I think it's great and have had very little problem with it.

Also, I bought my current 2 year subscription on ebay for only $62 :-) Much cheaper than retail and worked without issue.
  • fairfax4dc
    Options
    Hello,

I'm hoping those of you who are familiar with the NordicTrack X7I can assist with this question. I asked NordicTrak TA and they said it can't do what I'm asking, but I want to be sure. I purchased it in December and am now using it regularly in manual mode. But I can’t figure out how to use the pulse workout to do what I want it to. Maybe it can’t, but let me explain what I’m trying to do and maybe someone knows if it has that functionality and if so how to do it.

I’m a 56 year old male, and what I want to do is get 20 minutes of walking exercise (4 MPH max) with my heart rate in my “fat burning zone” (about 111 – 133) with a 4-5 minute warm-up period before and after. I’d like the warm-up period to begin at 2.5 MPH and incline of 0, and then building up to whatever combinations of incline and speed that will keep me in the “zone” for 20 minutes, with a max peed at 4 MPH, because I don’t want to run. Over several weeks I’d like to gradually increase the workout up to 30 minutes in the zone. I cando all this manually, but it would be nice to exercise wothout having to keep changing the speed and incline.

In your explanation please don’t assume that I know how to use the console. I can use it in manual mode, and I can put on the heart monitor so that my heart rate shows on the console. But in the pulse workout mode, I don’t know exactly what stop, start, enter, setting, home, etc. do or how to use them.

Thanks for your help.

JIm