Looking for Friends in their Early 20s!

Options
Hi everyone!

My name is Jess and I’m 22, turning 23 in February! I graduated university back in June and my eating habits had become extremely poor. Eat whatever was convenient and was tasty. One day I looked in the mirror and asked myself “when did I gain all this weight?”. From that moment on I thought to myself that it’s time to make healthier choices so that I can feel better about myself. Since going to university, I gained a bunch of weight that I am not proud of. I am 5’4”, 176 lbs and I want to loose 56 lbs to go back to what I used to be before I got these bad eating habits. I’m currently working out three times a week on the treadmill to start. I am looking to make some friends who are around my age who are also wanting to get healthier and happier!

Feel free to add me so that we can all have a good support system!

Jess

Replies

• mlauraa
    mlauraa Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Bump, I am also looking for friends in their early 20s :drinker: :blushing: :flowerforyou:
  • patriciaprice334
    patriciaprice334 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello :D I'm 21 years old and I'm also looking for friends in that age group! Hope we can be friends.
  • rennacoco
    Options
    hi! i'm also looking for friends that are my age! friend request sent :)
  • tay0709
    tay0709 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm pretty much exactly the same as you height and weight so we can do this! Feel free to add me. I'm 22 too :) x
  • MikeRuz456
    MikeRuz456 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I am 23 years old and am in the same boat, please feel free to add me!
  • Hunnergomeow
    Hunnergomeow Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 22 and also looking for friends around my age. Friend request sent, and anyone's free to add me :)
  • taytaylynn3
    Options
    I am 21 looking to lose 25 pounds! Feel free to add. Am always looking for as much motivation as i can get.
  • Katrina090
    Katrina090 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey :)
    I'm 23 5ft7 and weigh 182lb at the minute
    Feel free to add me
  • tsubaki4
    Options
    Hey there. I'm 23, 120lbs. You can add me if you'd like :)
  • Pheboh
    Pheboh Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm also in my early 20's and just graduated from university!

Feel free to add me :) Anyone else can too! I'm always looking for new, supportive friends :)
  • afoz1990
    afoz1990 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Just turned 23 last month! I am always looking for motivation and to help give motivation through this journey feel free to add me :)
  • jessi_can
    jessi_can Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Added everyone! Thank you for the support :)
  • Spinelli217
    Spinelli217 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Almost 21 feel free to add :)
  • MsBrittyD
    Options
    Hello :) My name is Brittany, I am 26 years old! I recently started working a desk job at a bank in June of 2013 and I weighed 130 lbs when I started. Now, 6+ months later, I weigh 154. I know it's not a lot of weight gain, but I am only 5' tall so 25 lbs is a LOT!

It's nice to see others on here around my age !

Best of luck to everyone and their journey!
  • jaclynkay92
    jaclynkay92 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

My name is Jaclyn. I am 21. I am on myfitnesspal everyday. Feel Free to add me. :D
  • KisaraKaiba
    KisaraKaiba Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm 23, going to be 24 in February. Graduate university in May 2012. Anyone looking for a pal can add me! I log almost daily. :)
  • Chris_thomas212
    Options
    Hi people, looking for friends for some motivation so feel free to add me =) im 20, 5ft 10 and I weigh 200lbs. Want to cut down on the squishy bits around my stomach!
  • ruyfbarros
    ruyfbarros Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!
    I'm 23 years old too, and in a similar situation as you! The only thing different is that i'm Brazilian haha! Pretty hard to loose weight in the summer, but i'm on the road!
    Feel free to add me as well.
  • xLittleMissVixenx
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Amanda and I'm 21. When I started university 2 and a half years ago I was 124lbs but after moving in with my boyfriend I found myself at 139lbs. It's not a huge gain but at 5'3" 15lbs makes a vast difference in the way I look and I don't feel anywhere near as confident about my body as I used to, so the goal is to get as close to 124lbs as I can. I've already been going for 2 weeks and by day 11 I had lost 3lbs (I've not weighed myself since) so I now weigh 136lbs.

I'm new to MFP so will add everyone on this thread if that's ok because it's always good to have support and see other peoples' journeys.
  • Heatherwarren0911
    Options
    Glad to see people my age on here! :) feel free to add me