my fellow 5.2 ft friends

Options
2»

Replies

• stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Based on my weight loss rate, I'll maintain at 1600 cals. I'm 5'3" and sedentary.

I'm just about to start a new lifting program, though, so that number should be increasing shortly.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I have mine set at 1200-- I find if I go much higher than that I gain weight. I eat back exercise calories, though. I also don't log on weekends and could be eating more then, although I doubt it.
  • pps7
    pps7 Posts: 46
    Options
    Probably for me it's 1500-1600 total (not NET) plus a cheat day of around 2000-2400.
  • happyhaunt
    happyhaunt Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Mine is just over 1500 I think.
  • tegalicious
    Options
    My TDEE is between 2400-2800. Just depends on how active I am. I am 5'3" and 119 pounds.

omg no way, i wish i could eat even 1900-2000 cals and stay slim!

Yes way! Keep in mind I frequently get 30000 steps Monday-Friday. And that doesn't include my running and weight training. Lots of activity means lots of tasty noms!

Out of curiosity, how do you get that many steps in? :)

Sole caregiver at a large infant and toddler school (me plus 6 infants and toddlers). I chase them all day (8am-6pm) around the center and then at naptime I am required to circle the room keeping an eye on their breathing and skin color. Then when I get home I often am still unable to settle so I end up pacing in the living room. I am pretty much on my feet from 530am-8pm with maybe an hour of sitting for meals and daycare activities.
  • 1exercisefreak
    1exercisefreak Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    5'2 and 1 am having 1200 calories but when I exercise I give myself extra.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I'm just barely 5'3, 37 years old, moderately active (4-5 times a week in the gym) and weigh 111. Maintenance is 1900. When I'm trying to drop a couple pounds (from overindulging over the holidays) I go for 1400+ exercise and I will lose a pound a week that way.
  • Shannonthompson73
    Shannonthompson73 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am almost 5 2, 40 years old, and 115 pounds.

My maintenance calories with just daily activity are 1510 a day. I like to eat more than that so I budget for 4 days a week at the gym at 450 calorie workouts. I aim for 1785 calories a day.
  • reggie7727
    reggie7727 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Wow! I do the exact same thing: do good during the day, maintaining a good calorie progression towards my total caloric intake (on this site, which I just started today, it is 1200, but on another site, it's 2000), then, at night - BAM!!! I feel like I am literally STARVING, then I kind of binge out! I have bought more healthy snacks, such as carrots and granola bars, and trying to drink more water, but I sometimes feel I need something more filling before I go to bed! And although I love the Smart Ones brand meals, I feel like I am hungry within an hour of eating them. It is just nice (?) to know that someone is going through the same thing I am. We are gonna have to do better! :) We can do it!
    Be carefull. Granola bars are full of fat and calories. Try fruit.
  • Cirsium
    Cirsium Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Wow! I do the exact same thing: do good during the day, maintaining a good calorie progression towards my total caloric intake (on this site, which I just started today, it is 1200, but on another site, it's 2000), then, at night - BAM!!! I feel like I am literally STARVING, then I kind of binge out! I have bought more healthy snacks, such as carrots and granola bars, and trying to drink more water, but I sometimes feel I need something more filling before I go to bed! And although I love the Smart Ones brand meals, I feel like I am hungry within an hour of eating them. It is just nice (?) to know that someone is going through the same thing I am. We are gonna have to do better! :) We can do it!
    Be carefull. Granola bars are full of fat and calories. Try fruit.

OMG this! i am on a diet because of granola! I had no idea and was practically living off it when I was unwell, and wondered why I got fat. Bloody granola!
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and 127 pounds (dang holidays!) right now. My maintenance calories are around 1800 - 2000 calories and to lose weight I eat around 1600 on workout days and 1300 or so on non workout days.
  • birdiecs
    birdiecs Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Maintenance for me is around 1800-1900 cal, but I'm also 43yr so it's not as high as it once was. I do considerable less cardio now but do lift heavy, it seems to help a lot.
  • danielleGTL
    Options
    I just learned about the whole eating within BMR thing. Im 5'1" and have been eating ang exercising to a negative net for a long time. It took me a year to drop from 275 to 183, but I've stalled in my weight loss for about 8 months. So now, I'm going to try and lose the rest of the weight the healthy way. My mom thinks if I start eating 1500 calories a day I'm going to become a cow (her words LOL)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    thx. i was doing 16-1700 but doing either t25 or clx.. I feel like i have gained, well i know i have 4 lbs but it looks like more... even a co worker today said my butt is bigger,lol... so i have dropped to 1370 for now ( which i am having a heard time staying at) till i get the weight back off and then try to find a happy medium i guess. I am going to order p90x3 and not sure how my cals will be affected with that...

I feel like the numbers are off for short women. or short ppl, IDK.

I wish a scientist type mind would gather up just the short women and study just us. the numbers never seem to pan out for me?
  • i_Royer
    Options
    5'2" 24 female my maintenance is 1510