Fat on meat

Options
I love meat. I especially love the fat on meat and believe that cutting it of should be punishable by at least a punch in the groin.

I have two sirloin steaks in my fridge that will be used this weekend which are about 500calories each. I get told to "cut the fat of them" because its "not good for you" I just want to cry and the dribble.

My biggest annoyance is when I get told to cut the fat of BACON. I mean WTF?! I do love any kind of bacon and if I am presented with medallion with no fat I will still eat it but for someone to actually CUT the fat of... my word - whats gone wrong?

So please eat the fat or the piggies cry :(

Replies

• tyrsnbdr
    tyrsnbdr Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    the old wive's tale / Broscience is fats on food = bad. Not the case. Your body needs fats to process the food you do eat.

I say, enjoy your whole steak.
  • Harrisonsauntie
    Options
    the old wive's tale / Broscience is fats on food = bad. Not the case. Your body needs fats to process the food you do eat.

I say, enjoy your whole steak.

Oh I intend to! - probably with a couple of fried eggs and mushrooms
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I love meat. I especially love the fat on meat and believe that cutting it of should be punishable by at least a punch in the groin.

I have two sirloin steaks in my fridge that will be used this weekend which are about 500calories each. I get told to "cut the fat of them" because its "not good for you" I just want to cry and the dribble.

My biggest annoyance is when I get told to cut the fat of BACON. I mean WTF?! I do love any kind of bacon and if I am presented with medallion with no fat I will still eat it but for someone to actually CUT the fat of... my word - whats gone wrong?

If you love fat on your steaks, why purchase sirloins vs a nicely marbled cut of beef?
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    I trimmed mine so I could eat more fats as PB and chocolate today...
  • ngs71675
    Options
  • tegalicious
    Options
    Here. You cans have the fats from my meats. I no like the gristle. Not cause fats is evil but because I no likes the texture :(
  • Harrisonsauntie
    Options

To be fair that's not bad reasoning actually :/ but what about slimming world people who cut the fat just to eat more potatoes!?
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Give me a niiiiiice big, fatty, well marbled, medium rare rib eye and I'll be the happiest man alive.
  • ngs71675
    Options
    I eat lot's of chocolate and PB, they are some of my sources for iron and protein :-) (I don't eat meat) I think you can anything you want in moderation ;-)
  • jonbringhurst
    Options
    Fat doesn't make you fat.

Take some time to read up on the chemistry behind the ketogenic and other low-carb diets. Here's a nice FAQ that someone wrote on reddit that covers the basic blood chemistry behind triglycerides, LDL, and HDL:

http://www.reddit.com/r/keto/wiki/faq#wiki_won.27t_fat_make_me_fat_.28and_diabetic.29.21.3F
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    its bro science - the fat on meat is saturated fat and is incredibly good for you.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options

I trim fat. Sorry. It's a choice - if I trim, I get eat more of other things.

Chacun à son goût.
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options

If you love fat on your steaks, why purchase sirloins vs a nicely marbled cut of beef?

I was wondering the same thing. Sirloin is probably the leanest cut out there.