protein

Options
I posted before that I was looking to add alot more protein to my diet. I found that most foods that I eat that have higher protein also have saturated fat. This is my problem because i eat yogurt, cheese, nuts, and other things with protein on a daily and I have to much saturated fat. The only protein i really know that doesnt have any sat. fat is skinless chicken. can anyone help me with finding other foods that do not have alot of sat. fat.
p.s I dont really like any protein bars or protein smoothies, or cottage cheese. (sorry about the long list of things i dont like, hope someone can still help. Thanks!

Replies

• lk14040
    lk14040 Posts: 90
    Options
    I posted before that I was looking to add alot more protein to my diet. I found that most foods that I eat that have higher protein also have saturated fat. This is my problem because i eat yogurt, cheese, nuts, and other things with protein on a daily and I have to much saturated fat. The only protein i really know that doesnt have any sat. fat is skinless chicken. can anyone help me with finding other foods that do not have alot of sat. fat.
    p.s I dont really like any protein bars or protein smoothies, or cottage cheese. (sorry about the long list of things i dont like, hope someone can still help. Thanks!
  • teetsel4
    teetsel4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Egg beaters, egg whites, tofu, tuna fish, lean meats.

Hope that helps!

:flowerforyou:
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Lauras lean hamburger meat, pork chops.. boneless.. cut off the white fat, Fish( i dont care for it) but I love tuna. Eat 2% cheese, fat free yougart, and eat your nuts just limited to portion control... Hope this helps.. if i think of other things they told me to eat i will let you know...:bigsmile:
  • Thrust
    Thrust Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    What are you considering to be "too much" saturated fat? Some saturated fat is needed for proper hormonal function.
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    skim milk, shrimp, fat free yogurt, soy crumbles (use in receipes to replace ground beef, my family usually doesn't notice, they're in the frozen section)
  • overthehillsandfaraway
    Options
    Whey Protein Shakes!

one scoop of protein

6 oz of yogurt

1 cup of fruit of your choice

1 1/2 cup of 2% milk

EQUALS PURE BLISS :smile: