100 lbs to a new me :)

Options
Hey all!

My name is Liz and I am almost 23 years old (this March). I have been struggling with my weight basically since puberty when I was diagnosed with PCOS (so 11 years!) I kinda kept telling myself a few pounds here and there wasn't that big of a deal (because even at 180 lbs I looked nice in my eyes, but now that I'm 232 lbs, it's just too much, I'm no longer healthy or happy at my size...
On top of everything, my mother has been diagnosed with fatty liver disease and needs to lose 100 lbs herself, so we're doing it together to make sure we're both around for a while. My mom has two grandkids coming this summer, one from my brother and another from my older sister, so she really wants to get healthy enough for them.
So here I am, ready to start losing weight and getting healthy, for myself and my family. :)

Replies

• wilkonator
    wilkonator Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey Liz, i'm a new start here too, afew days now and I wish you the best of luck with your loss. Feel free to add me if you want another buddy joining you on the great journey. Hope all works out for you! :)
  • yom8
    yom8 Posts: 10
    Options
    I just started eating better myself 2 weeks ago! You can do it!
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting started! I also have PCOS and I know that it's a challenge, but you can do it! Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend. :flowerforyou:
  • whitmers22
    Options
    Realizing you needed a change is one step but actually beginning that change is another! Good luck to you and your weight loss journey :) feel free to add me if you would like!
  • jasper63079
    jasper63079 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Liz-

Good for you. I just signed up today, but started my diet on October 14. I weighed 243 pounds then and weigh 194 as of today. :) I've tried many diets before, but this time it has been different and much easier to stick to my plans. I'm only 5'2" so a healthy weight for me is between 108-132 pounds. I would really love to get to 110. That's my goal. Good luck to you, if you want it bad enough, I know you can do it! We all can :)
  • Heatherwarren0911
    Options
    You can do this! I added this app a while ago but just started sticking to it the end of December!! we can do this!! :wink:
  • wpanderson
    Options
    I'm on a mission to lose 100 lbs as well before 2015! I log and blog consistently and try to be supportive and encouraging! Feel free to add me!
  • jnt182
    jnt182 Posts: 7
    Options
    I started sticking to a diet around Nov and managed to loose 6 lbs however gained back 2lbs during holidays period. As of 6th Jan I started sticking to a plan again and been exercising as well!! :) Go to know about MFP by coincidence and I'm loving it. I'm 5ft 6 and currently weigh 235lbs...if I can loose around 60 - 65lbs I'll be more than happy!! Feel free to add me.