What's the situation on alcohol am I aloud drink

Options
What are the rules on drinking alcohol I do have my Friday nights free my mum takes my daughter and after a long week I look forward to have a few drinks rather it's staying in or going out.. I do start of on beer and then drink vodka & red bull I don't like drinking vodka to early lol so I drink the beer to.. Do I need to cut it out I think ill cry if I have to like I said it's the one night I get to have some fun and see friends..

Replies

• Shoechick5
    Shoechick5 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    There is no alcohol police on MFP (Thank God). Of course you can drink...but you have to decide if you want to splurge your calories on. It's a no brainer for me, there will not be a week without wine..EVER :)
  • absinthia70
    absinthia70 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have a glass of wine almost every day - just make sure you log the calories from it!
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    There are no rules!

Just log it, and glug away :smile:
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    count it. make it fit. move on.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    You make your own rules...and change them whenever you like!

No way could I give up alcohol, I enjoy a drink most nights.

Enjoy your Friday nights!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    count it. make it fit. move on.

this.

you are allowed to do whatever you want...just make it fit in your day.
  • caoceanlover
    caoceanlover Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    When I drink, I make sure I account for the calories by either working out a little extra or by having a different snack to make sure I don't go over my daily calorie allowance.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    getdrunknotfat.com is a great resource for low calorie drinks!

I used to drink a lot. Well, I still drink a lot too (haha)
    But I am now much more conscious of the sugar in the mixers! It is the juice and soda that go with the alcohol that really make the calories add up. I usually drink things as a shot or on the rocks. Occasionally with seltzer or other very low calorie mixers, crystal light, mio, coffee, tea...

Vodka + sugar free red bull! Use the extra energy to go dancing and burn off some calories~ hehe

Just make sure not to drink so much that you lose the ability to say no to late night cheesey nachos. :P
  • EllaBelleAces
    Options
    I would say avoid the beer and the red bull. Beer isn't worth the buzz when you think about the carbs and the calories involved. Red bull, I just wouldn't mix with vodka because both are diuretics. Plus energy drinks, plus weight loss just don't really mix. Weight loss for a lot of people ( I don't necessarily know if it is true for you) is attained through clean eating and exercise, and red bull is pretty much the antithesis!

Vodka itself is about 65 cals for every ounce you have. I would go with something like crystal light, or even club soda with a lime twist! Or lemon! That way you can still enjoy the buzz, and the night (Dance your face off, great exercise!) and the next morning, when you step on the scale you won't regret the night before!

But as others have said, if you log it, and account for any overages.. Party on! Excellent!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Beer isn't worth the buzz when you think about the carbs and the calories involved.
    you take that back right now.
  • EllaBelleAces
    Options
    Beer isn't worth the buzz when you think about the carbs and the calories involved.

I can't! I'm sorry! It's just my opinion!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    What does the court order say? Or your parole officer? Or your doctor? Or your sponsor?

If you don't have any of those to ask, and we're going to assume you are of legal age for wherever you live, then if you can fit it in, go for it.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    I read that title "am a loud drunk"...

my apologies. Have a good thread.
  • SofaKingRad_II
    Options
    OMG SHUT UP AND ADD ME ALREADY!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    getdrunknotfat.com
  • cwils35
    cwils35 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'd be in trouble without beer night, but get drunk not fat is a useful webpage. Just to play devils advocate here: bob harpers books mention that alcohol may slow down your metabolism a bit, but I don't think that was reason enough to throw it out, just moderate. He also talks about the obvious that drinking too much will make it hard to keep your food choices wise.

Tonight's a scotch night I think.
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    There's a typo there somewhere: Are you a loud drunk, or are you allowed to drink?

I don't know about the first one, but yes, you are allowed to drink. Just fit it in your calorie allowance.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    What's the situation on alcohol am I aloud drink....

SHHHH you'll wake the baby.
    Let's take this party outside.
  • amandakev88
    amandakev88 Posts: 328 Member
    Options

trogalicious wins the internet

there are no 'rules'. thats absurd. i love me some friday night beers. just count the calories and the carbs.

vodka soda is a fairly low cal drink, or rum and *diet* coke... make sure its vodka soda not vodka tonic. soda has 0 cals. tonic has 100!
  • Jess_Forever_After
    Jess_Forever_After Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I definitely still drink, I just calculate it into my calories before I have it. I like vidka and soda or sugar free pop/juice.
    Remember that it can be tough to say no to bad food when you've had a few drinks, and if that is an issue for you then you may want to cut out drinking.