What are your thoughts about this?

Options
2»

Replies

• grneyedgoddess77
    grneyedgoddess77 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I only wash once a week and my hair is healthier than ever so I can only imagine how healthy her hair must be! It takes a while to build up to washing less, so you do have to put up with oily hair at first, but slap some baby powder or cocoa powder on it and it helps. No odor, hair doesn't get oily for days, quick showers, save on shampoo. Sounds good to me! I don't see why people freak out about not using shampoo? Yikes. :P

Because people are conditioned (ba dum tss!) to think that's it's gross to do otherwise.

Just like bras! However, I'm not going without my bra.
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I only wash once a week and my hair is healthier than ever so I can only imagine how healthy her hair must be! It takes a while to build up to washing less, so you do have to put up with oily hair at first, but slap some baby powder or cocoa powder on it and it helps. No odor, hair doesn't get oily for days, quick showers, save on shampoo. Sounds good to me! I don't see why people freak out about not using shampoo? Yikes. :P

Because people are conditioned (ba dum tss!) to think that's it's gross to do otherwise.

Just like bras! However, I'm not going without my bra.

Yup, I only wear a bra to work lol.
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
  • SashleyA
    SashleyA Posts: 122 Member
    Options

I agree. I wash my hair more than once a week, but not everyday (it just depends on how it's doing that day). My husband has super curly hair that he washes now, every 3 days, but when it was long, once a week. It was beautiful. My best friend is the same way. I actually don't think the girl in the video's hair looks that great, but, I don't understand the freak out over not shampooing.
  • 1ZenGirl
    1ZenGirl Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    it's less greasy because the bugs are eating it for sustenance.

<<<<<spits out coffee LOL
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who swears by "no poo." I have another friend who tried it and her hair was pretty fried after a few months. Baking soda is very alkaline while vinegar is more acidic. She went to a salon for help and they said that your hair needs both of those but not separately and that's why her hair was a mess. This is all word of mouth; I have no first hand experience with this method. I did try going sulfate free for about 6 months and my hair was gorgeous the first few months...until it wasn't. After about 3 months my hair got really dry and straw-like and my scalp would be an oily mess within hours of showering. I'm back to "regular" shampoo and conditioner and my hair is finally looking normal again.
  • beernpizza2
    beernpizza2 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    My thoughts are....

How do I get Kathy Lee and Hoda's job. Serioiusly, they get paid to talk about nothing and drink wine. Where do I sign up.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    it's less greasy because the bugs are eating it for sustenance.

*gag*

:sick:
  • thicansxy
    Options
    OMG I can usually go one or two days without a wash. Unless I have a good workout then I have to take a shower. Otherwise it looks like I brushed my hair with grease. My brothers ex girlfriend who was a fitness model told me one day she had not washed her hair in a month, that she uses the waterless shampoo.
  • frood
    frood Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Has anyone done this successfully with super fine ~2A hair?

When I broke my arm I slacked on my hair products (wasn't going to work, didn't care about looks or smell), but it got tangled and horrible because I also couldn't brush it well.

Also, how do you get chlorine out?
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    I'm another one who hasn't shampoo'd in years. I use conditioner every few days, though. I put it on, let it sit while I take my shower, and then work it through as if it were shampoo, and rinse it out.

The reason that this method works is that conditioner has surfecants (sp? that's what lifts the oils out) just like shampoo does, only much more gentle and they take longer to work.

You can't use just any conditioner for this, though, it needs to be one without " 'cones", or ingredients that don't easily rinse away without strong detergents. I use the Suave Naturals line which also happens to be cheap. (And that's important because my hair is always between hip and bottom-of-the-bum length and very thick.)

The reward is that all that extra moisturizing is awesomely good for my hair, it's really gorgeous since I started doing this. And no, my scalp isn't greasy at all!
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I can't go one day without washing my hair, it gets too greasy. I honestly don't understand how she can go 5 years without shampoo and not have greasy hair.

Me too :noway:

I also work in a hospital and want to wash all the germs out of my hair and body.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    What is going on with all of this talk about 2A and 3A, 3B hair...where do you get this information?

ETA: Googled it and got a ton of quizzes targeted to curly haired girls only...is it a curly thing? Thanks if anyone can help!
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I don't use shampoo either, but I do like to exfoliate my scalp and use my conditioner for conditioner cleansing and that's worked out great. But I don't think I could go without doing some form of product cleansing to my hair though. It's too thin! Even when I tried the "no-poo" method, my hair was super greasy for the whole 3 months I tried it.
  • MissChyna
    MissChyna Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Interesting...
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Gross...just gross. Daily hair washer here...sometimes 2 times/day.
  • frood
    frood Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    What is going on with all of this talk about 2A and 3A, 3B hair...where do you get this information?

ETA: Googled it and got a ton of quizzes targeted to curly haired girls only...is it a curly thing? Thanks if anyone can help!
    Try searching for "hair types" and you'll get some pictures. It's just some categorization system for straight/wavy/curly/kinky.