Your most awesome NSV

Options

Replies

• emilysfatsuit
    emilysfatsuit Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    On Monday morning, I got in my car and had to adjust the driver's seat several inches UP and forward closer to the steering wheel! I had noticed my jeans were easier to pull on, but for some reason adjusting the seat was more tangible proof that I've lost 39 pounds. My built-in big butt cushion is shrinking!
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Being able to wrap the bath towel all around me and be totally covered...no gaps!:blushing:

Great one! I can relate...feels wonderful!

I can relate to this, too! My ex and I were both very obese and we had bath SHEETS and full size BEACH towels in our bathroom for nearly a decade. No regular bath towels.

When we got a divorce, I stocked my bathroom with normal size bath towels and of course they didn't go all the way around every inch of me (belly and hips) but pretty close. Now they are fine. I have a couple of the enormous towels from before, I spread them out to cover the flooring when I dye my hair and I can't believe how big they are.

ETA: I even used to bring my own huge towels to hotels

Yes, we used beach towels too! Now I grab the "regular" sized ones without hesitation.
  • twinsmom1117
    twinsmom1117 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I washed my jeans and put them on today and they weren't tight...they didn't "shrink" this time..LOL
  • MacMomma2013
    MacMomma2013 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    - I can run 15 consecutive minutes without stoppiing (counldn't even run one minute before starting MFP)
    - Fitting into a size 8 bikini (used to be a size 12)
    - Running around with my kids without getting winded
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Winning a 5K race. Three years ago I ran my first 5K in years. It was an out-and-back race, and I remember seeing the leader coming back and just being in awe of how fast the guy was running.

Fast forward to this past fall, and *I* was the guy leading the race. 250 runners were still on their way out, and I was heading home. Awesome feeling! My profile pic is about 50 yards from the finish.

That is really impressive NSV! Well done! :drinker:
  • gitnfit2
    gitnfit2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Completing my first half marathon last fall and going for my first full this fall.
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Being able to wrap the bath towel all around me and be totally covered...no gaps!:blushing:

^^This
  • Indiri13
    Indiri13 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    1. I can now wear boots and zip them past my calves. I could never find any to fit even the kind that had extra large calves.

This has been one of my favorites. Boots used to cut off circulation to my legs and now I wear them most days.

Resizing my ring down twice (and approaching needing to do it again, glad the insurance plan covers it).

I can hike again without stopping every 500 ft. to catch my breath.

I'm still the tallest person in many rooms but I don't feel like the biggest anymore.
  • hazeljordan1974
    hazeljordan1974 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Being told by someone at the gym that I look like a "seasoned exerciser" because of my routine and he also said I had a great figure - hearing it from friends and my man is one thing, from a perfect stranger kinda made my day!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,674 Member
    Options
    I was advised to stop taking the diabetes meds.
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options

Congratulations! I bet that felt amazing!!!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    Mine was last year about this time...actually February. From Sept 2012 to February 1, 2013 I was able to take my total cholesterol from 258 to 210. My LDL was previously unreadable and my HDL was very low. My Triglycerides were previously 463 and down to 140 by February.

Since then my numbers have continued to improve...but that was a huge one because my doctor basically gave me 6 months to get things together with diet and exercise or he was putting me on a statin.
  • gcbma
    gcbma Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Love this post!!

My rings are loose too!

My pants are a size smaller, and loose.

My scrub tops are no longer snug, but baggy.
  • ScottH_200
    ScottH_200 Posts: 377 Member
    Options

And you win the NSV prize so far!
  • EplusThree
    EplusThree Posts: 47 Member
    Options

*standing ovation* that's awesome!

Thanks so much, everyone, for sharing victories with us. No matter how big or how small, THEY ARE ALL IMPORTANT!!

I got so much joy from reading all of these positive messages, I sprinted across one of the finish lines in my mind yesterday and CRUSHED it at the gym :)

Y'all are awesome!
  • chellycakes
    chellycakes Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I wear size 8 jeans... Single digits, YAY!! :).
  • GummyHuman
    GummyHuman Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Just did a search to finally figure out what NSV meant! (non-scale victory!) So, that is one NSV ;)

My favorite one is my improved relationship with clothing. I like clothes shopping now and I have done it at least once a week for the last couple of months.

Also, my first round of "skinnier" clothes are getting too big for me. This is a problem I am happy to have.
  • wndrwmn86
    wndrwmn86 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    NSV's are my favorite to read because they speak not only about your weightloss but also your mental health improving as well.

1) Using regular towels and having them wrap all the way around :) I know several people have put that and I can relate
    2) Fitting into my "skinny day" jeans then having them be so baggy I need to wear a belt.
    3) Seeing the pride and hearing the compliments from my family ( I have always been heavy)
    4) Being able to run longer, do more reps of exercises, or just all around becoming stronger.
    5) I can feel my collarbones and am starting to see them now.
  • jrussoalesi
    jrussoalesi Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    LIKE!!!
  • bkjk997
    bkjk997 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My favorite nsv...hearing my 10 year old son tell somebody, "my mom is an athlete now." I'm far from optimal fitness but I'm way closer than I was 6 months ago!

I think this is one of my favourites. Your son sounds rightfully proud, and it sounds like you've been doing it long enough that it's now just a regular part of your life - a real lifestyle change. Congratulations!

Thanks everyone for sharing your NSVs, I find it very inspiring. I'm only 20 days in and 6 lbs lighter, but I'm anticipating having my own NSV soon.... Actually, I do have a small one. My favourite bra fits properly now - I don't feel like I'm oozing out of it anymore. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!