Insult affecting motivation

Options
Some person I know who I have seen in a while said 'god you've gotten fat' I am now tempted to go back to what's caused the weight gain...cider and sweets. Any tips to feel better and less depressed so I won't cheat? I feel so small at the moment, any advice would be great.

Replies

• JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Ask yourself: how will eating more help me reach my goals?
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    You can't be responsible for other people's bad manners. You can let their terrible manners bring you down, or you can just chalk it up to what it is. Ignorance.

Put that sugary fattening treat down, and do something nice for you, like take a walk to clear that garbage out of your head. That person is not worth your worry.
  • osothefinn
    osothefinn Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    If one bump in the road throws you into the ditch you're likely bound to fail. Ignore the crude comment and carry on.
  • wrenegade64
    wrenegade64 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I say "EMBRACE IT!" Yep, you heard me right. That person is one of many you will encounter who will attempt to rain on your parade while you are on your journey. I promise you....everybody...and I mean EVERYBODY has a demon----a skeleton in the closet----a flaw. The person who insulted you today and all the others down the road are trying to offset their demon by dragging you down because you have the courage to tackle yours. That person is hurting for one reason or another and they lack the courage to tackle whatever their demon is.
    YOU ARE DIFFERENT----YOU ARE BOLD---YOU HAVE PRIDE---AND YOU HAVE US! Keep your eye on the prize and take heart in the fact that you are a better person for taking steps to make your life better as opposed to making others worse like that person tried to. You don't know me, but I am proud of you for reaching out. Don't EVER give anybody the satisfaction of dragging you down to their level. Your better than that. ROCK ON!!!
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    just let that person know that he's still an *kitten*
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Why are you letting another person control you?

Brush it off, that person is not worthy of having any say in who you are or what you do.
  • Lisawalmsley1989
    Lisawalmsley1989 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Someone yelled something horrible at me over Christmas and I satisfied myself with the knowledge that I'd rather be a 'fatty' than a nasty person any day, the fact I'm doing this means it'll soon be 2-nil to me!
  • keeptehpeace
    keeptehpeace Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I say "EMBRACE IT!" Yep, you heard me right. That person is one of many you will encounter who will attempt to rain on your parade while you are on your journey. I promise you....everybody...and I mean EVERYBODY has a demon----a skeleton in the closet----a flaw. The person who insulted you today and all the others down the road are trying to offset their demon by dragging you down because you have the courage to tackle yours. That person is hurting for one reason or another and they lack the courage to tackle whatever their demon is.
    YOU ARE DIFFERENT----YOU ARE BOLD---YOU HAVE PRIDE---AND YOU HAVE US! Keep your eye on the prize and take heart in the fact that you are a better person for taking steps to make your life better as opposed to making others worse like that person tried to. You don't know me, but I am proud of you for reaching out. Don't EVER give anybody the satisfaction of dragging you down to their level. Your better than that. ROCK ON!!!

this... is surprisingly inspiring, thank you :flowerforyou:
  • myfuture14
    Options
    Well, I used to get talked to like that from family and friends. It took a long time but I got to the point where I decided I could love them and accept the fact that they were just bitter and ugly on the inside sometimes. And that I may have gotten fat but im doing something about it now. Making myself healthy, strong and trying to make make my outside beauty as close to my inside beauty as possible. As hard as it may sound don't let them get you down. You are worth more than that. And those are just stupid words that someone thoughtlessly spoke. And that bag of chips or buffett dinner isnt going to make what they said go away. It will only then become an excuse. But if you train, be it a walk listening to your music or going to the gym whatever your vice. That is redemption. And will make you forget those hurtful words. Key word there WORDS. That's all it was dont let them become your excuse for failure your so much better than that. Good luck!!!
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options

this... is surprisingly inspiring, thank you :flowerforyou:

My thoughts exactly!!
  • liftreadphilosophize
    Options

I like you. :drinker:
  • greengnome1977
    greengnome1977 Posts: 6 Member
    Options

So very true!!!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    youre stronger than that.
    brush it off and keep forging ahead.

dont ever let the words of one person get you that low.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Some person I know who I have seen in a while said 'god you've gotten fat'

Sometimes you have to wonder where people's brains are.

My mantra is "Don't go out of your WEIGH to please anyone but yourself." YOU are the only one that counts...not the meathead with the lack brains.
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    You can lose the weight, but no matter what they do, they'll still be a ****.
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options

You rock, Renegade64! Wonderful, uplifting comment.
  • FreshKrisKreash
    FreshKrisKreash Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Let the insult fuel your workouts. There's power behind rage. :explode:
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    People are stupid and say stupid things. A person who would say such a thing is not worthy of your time. Do not give this person any more power in your life.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    could be they are jealous because you are making a change..and they seem by willing...don't give them the fuel
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options

Very good advice.