Healthy Snacks.... for MEN.

Options

Replies

• keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    lunch meat rolled up with a slice of cheese lettuce and mustard a few of those would be good snacks. tortilla chips with a little side cup of salsa, veggies with hummus, yogurt
  • kblifestyle
    kblifestyle Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    See my blog:
    http://naturalred.wordpress.com/2014/01/15/protein-lunch-options/
    My husband has transitioned into working out and you may find this post and recent past posts also helpful.
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I didn't know there were foods that were gender related. I have no idea what man food is and female food is. Food is food.

oh but did you know that food can have a gender...

bell-pepper-sex-hoax-image.jpg
    Got that.....only give him the peppers with three bumps.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking salami with baby bell cheese, but that doesn't sound to healthy does it?? But then again it's better then a Big Mac.

How is that unhealthy??

Throw in some apple slices or a cutie and that sounds a lot like one of my snacks!
  • TLC7613
    TLC7613 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking salami with baby bell cheese, but that doesn't sound to healthy does it?? But then again it's better then a Big Mac.

How is that unhealthy??

He has high cholesterol and blood pressure and I don't know if the sodium in the salami would be a good option. I could probably use turkey too.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Nuts & meat.

A timeless classic! *nods* true story.....

OP Specifically, beef jerky.
  • 1ZenGirl
    1ZenGirl Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    See my blog:
    http://naturalred.wordpress.com/2014/01/15/protein-lunch-options/
    My husband has transitioned into working out and you may find this post and recent past posts also helpful.

Hey there are some great ideas here thanks!:flowerforyou:
  • TLC7613
    Options
    Why don't you ask him what he likes? There's really no way around it.

I have. I tell him i'm going grocery shopping and what would he like for his lunches and he says, oh I dunno... and then lists a few things. Then when I look in the fridge, NONE of the things he said he wanted for lunches were eaten. I think he just needs more variety and doesn't really know what to get.
  • ChristineinMA
    ChristineinMA Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I didn't know there were foods that were gender related. I have no idea what man food is and female food is. Food is food.

oh but did you know that food can have a gender...

bell-pepper-sex-hoax-image.jpg
    Got that.....only give him the peppers with three bumps.

:laugh: :drinker:
  • Jelise24
    Jelise24 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Deviled eggs - since he likes egg salad sandwiches
    Hummus - to go with the carrots or other veggies
    Roasted Chickpeas
    Turkey Jerky
    Natural peanut butter & apples
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Also, I love those nature valley protein bars, they're not super high in calories and have 10 g of protein.

Cottage cheese + shelled sunflower seeds
    Apple slices & peanut butter
    Peanut butter sandwich & banana

As long as he (or you LOL) is mindful about his protein intake he won't be having hunger pangs. I know those 12 hr shifts are NO JOKE and the last thing you wanna be is starving in the middle of a long shift. Bleh!
  • 1ZenGirl
    1ZenGirl Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    bumping for later cuz I like these manly ideas
  • KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    *Bump*
  • TLC7613
    Options

I don't think that is a bad snack at all. It's ultimately about the deficit and not the specific food one eats.

He doesn't do a deficit.He used to be in shape and go to the gym a lot but now with school, working 60 hours a week and starting his own business, going to the gym or working out isn't on his list of priorities (even though it should be) so I try and make sure his lunch/snacks are healthy at the least.
  • Paindoesnthurt
    Paindoesnthurt Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    A good snack to try if you are stuck on time and just plain lazy is celery sticks mixed in almond butter. Dip it and eat it!

As an aside, still on topic somewhat, if any of your goals are to lose weight you should stop snacking. The reason is that eating less meals (eating 3 only) INCREASES metabolism, makes losing weight easier and you feel fuller. Not only that but the obvious fact that it's just easier to manage your time. You don't have any metabolic increase and in fact you'll be able to control your glucose levels better!
  • Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    What are healthy, MAN APPROVED snacks that are healthy. ... Anyone got any tips on snacks that men would love???

Sasha Grey.
  • Pelly57
    Pelly57 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Check out the Ostrim Beef and Ostrich Snack (I like the Pepper flavor, spicy, but not hot). Amazon and a lot body building sites have them. 1.5g fat, 80 cals and 14 gr protein. Individually wrapped, and they are yummy. Like a healthy Slim Jim.
  • TLC7613
    Options
    What are healthy, MAN APPROVED snacks that are healthy. ... Anyone got any tips on snacks that men would love???

Sasha Grey.

That's disrespectful.
  • Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Food is not gender specific, OP, regardless of what you want to think. I know some men who love their rice cakes and some women who love their beef jerky. If we genderize something as ridiculous as food, we just really add extra potentially harmful labels into an area (weight loss and health) that already has tons of extra labels and bs surrounding it.

If he won't figure out what he wants and articulate, perhaps he should go to the store with you and select more options.
  • TLC7613
    Options
    Check out the Ostrim Beef and Ostrich Snack (I like the Pepper flavor, spicy, but not hot). Amazon and a lot body building sites have them. 1.5g fat, 80 cals and 14 gr protein. Individually wrapped, and they are yummy. Like a healthy Slim Jim.

Oh wow, I've never heard of these before! Thanks, I'll check them out!