When you want something sweet what do you reach for?

Options

Replies

• Ulwaz
    Ulwaz Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Low calorie hot chocolate (options, galaxy bubbles, cadburys)
    Frozen yoghurt
    Frozen berries/bananas
    Treatsize/funsize chocolate
    :3
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Plain greek yogurt, real vanilla, some sort of fruit (strawberries and nectarines are my fave) and some splenda if necessary
    Plain greek yogurt with vanilla protein powder, frozen mixed berries, and a splenda.
    I've also heard of mixing with a instant pudding flavor of your choice but haven't personally tried it.

1-2 squares of high quality chocolate. Right now I'm munching on Endangered species 72% dark chocolate hazelnut toffee (28 cals a square) which I will have with half a cup of black coffee and Milka noisette (hazelnut) milk chocolate (24 cals a square). So rich that I don't need more!

Light (but not fat free) ice cream. Sometimes I'll have just one big spoonful if that is all I have calories for, and suck on it til its gone. The first bite is the best anyway! Currently Dryer's - Ice Cream Slow Churned Rich & Creamy - Carmel Delight (110 cals for half a cup)

Chocolate protein shake with instant coffee and sugar free caramel syrup.

Berries or nectarines with or without milk/cream or cherries, kiwi, watermelon, cantaloupe, grapefruit, mango, grapes (frozen or regular) or so many other great fruits.

No sugar added fudge or real fruit bars (less than 50 cals each)

Melt a bit of chocolate and dip strawberries in

Oops: Forgot to put sugar free gum (I get the 80 packs at walmart for cheap) and hard candy from the bulk section/dollar store (cinnamon disks, worthers original, root beer barrels, the sticky strawberry ones are probably my faves)

Also adding Passion tea from Tazo/starbucks. Very strong/sweet on its own for zero cals.
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I pretty much have to go for a little bit of what I am craving otherwise I could end up pigging out on other things to satisfy something that could have been easily solved with just a bit of....chocolate....ice cream....cookies....

Totally this.. I eat what I am craving. I also allow for chocolate every day. It works for me!
  • RedRyderAP
    RedRyderAP Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I find that a little high quality dark chocolate with a schemer of almond butter does the trick. Sometimes Greek yogurt with blueberries and lemon or lime zest will satisfy a sweet craving. I find that if I allow myself something, I am less likely to binge.
  • BigRedgw2010
    BigRedgw2010 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Try the frozen fruit bars. They are really good and only 80 cals. They also have a chocolate bar which is about 100 cals per serving.
  • Mojoman02
    Mojoman02 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Vitalicious Chocolate tops and muffins...found in the freezer section - Organic and Natural section. Also Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches!
  • KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn
    Options
    Shamrock Farms Muscle Builder in chocolate. It's low in cals and sugar but high in protein. It has helped me control my ice cream binges :drinker:
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I have some individually wrapped Godiva truffles. 50 calories each.
  • marywilsey1
    Options
    Graham Crackers sub for cookies, Applesauce or Yogurt subs for Ice Cream
  • henwoosa
    henwoosa Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I also have a great sweet tooth, but am eating clean so can have no refined sugar! I have found a few good alternatives though!

Amazeballs:

200 grams almonds (you can also use a mixture of any other nuts - I like cashews)
    200 grams dried dates (even if you dont like dates, these are delicious you wont even know they are there!)
    4 Tbsp cacao powder (or unsweetened cocoa will be fine)
    little bit of orange juice and zest

Soak the dates in hot water for about 5 mins.
    put almonds in food processor untill like a fine powder add all the ingredients and blend adding a little of the date water if you need.
    roll into balls
    roll in coconut if desired

a few other treats I have are frozen dates - they taste so caramelly (it is a word!) and delicious
    Frozen banana icecream
    banana pancakes ( blended oats and banana)

Lots of great ideas on this website: http://juliaandlibby.com/category/recipes/

But if all else fails just have a few squares of dark chocolate and enjoy it!!
  • littlekitty3
    littlekitty3 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    My secret stash of California Dates ;)
  • ton40orbust
    Options
    I recently found popsicles by fit and active (aldi) they're delicious, pretty big, sugar free, fat free and only 14 calories.
  • RobertHButler
    Options
    I have a Klondike bar as desert every day; it's my treat and help's regulate my sugar.
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I keep individually wrapped dark chocolates at ALL times. I also eat no sugar added ice cream (check the brands to find the lowest calorie one). In fact, tonight, I am having Breyer's no sugar added vanilla ice cream topped with a sliced banana and sugar-free Hershey's chocolate syrup! If I have the calories to spare, I eat Nutella on graham crackers. Oh, and a crumbled chocolate graham cracker with vanilla ice creams tastes a LOT like Oreo ice cream. I don't have milk chocolate in the house because it is a binge trigger!
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Call me weird, but even long before I started "my journey" I really like fruit. Seasonal favorites are watermelon, pineapple (I cut fresh ones), strawberries, and cuties/mandarins (like right now). Fuji apples which have ruined me for other types of apples and are sweet as candy!
    I also eat roasted almonds (no sodium) and honey roasted sunflower seeds (low sodium), plus they're rich in fiber and protein.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Frozen yogurt, or ice cream if I can't get it... or a half cup of hot cocoa, or a very small chocolate (Trader Joe's salted caramel chocolate balls are 18 calories apiece!). Also, toasted coconut. I can just eat a handful of that by itself and be a very happy camper. But usually I'd rather dedicate a few hundred calories to the cold stuff.

ETA: Dried cranberries hit the spot too. Those were a go-to treat when I was eating fewer calories.
  • jennifersmiles444
    jennifersmiles444 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Cocoa roasted dark chocolate almonds in single serve packs
    Jell-O Sugar-Free Dark Chocolate Mousse Temptations

Any chocolate square, truffle, or fun-size candy bar...if you can eat just one. This is very difficult for me, so I occasionally pick up just one at a check-out counter. It's more expensive that way, but I can't have a bag of them in my house!
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I keep individually wrapped dark chocolates at ALL times. I also eat no sugar added ice cream (check the brands to find the lowest calorie one). In fact, tonight, I am having Breyer's no sugar added vanilla ice cream topped with a sliced banana and sugar-free Hershey's chocolate syrup! If I have the calories to spare, I eat Nutella on graham crackers. Oh, and a crumbled chocolate graham cracker with vanilla ice creams tastes a LOT like Oreo ice cream. I don't have milk chocolate in the house because it is a binge trigger!

I wish I like these. Breyers no sugar added is somewhat better than Dryers carb smart, but both are VERY sweet and noticeably fake tasting to me. I use splenda, use sugar free coffee syrups and the like, so I don't think that I'm overly sensitive, but these ice creams are nearly inedible to me. YMMV
  • Docpremie
    Docpremie Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow Ice Cream treats. My favorite was their chocolate cherry cone, but it was limited edition for last year only. Their Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream bar is a close 2nd. Their ice cream sandwiches are also good. They're around 130-160 cal/treat. I try to always save room in my calorie count for a sweet treat in the evening. In fact I usually add it to my diary in the morning with breakfast, just so I know I can indulge!

I have recently discover Chocolove Dark Chocolate bars. I've never cared for dark chocolate before, but these are quite good! I really like the chocolate raspberry & chocolate orange bars. A single serving is 1/3 of the bar (= 6 squares). I have no trouble sticking to that single serving. I usually slowly suck on a single square at a time until it melts, that way they last longer. A single serving is 160 calories.
  • AppleGrapeMSTK
    AppleGrapeMSTK Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Tablespoon of peanut butter.