ALMOND BUTTER v PEANUT BUTTER v NUTELLA

Options
1234568»

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Agree with Sunflower butter!! We are nut free at my house and soy nut butter is gross. Sunflower butter tastes more like peanut butter so its a good compromise.
  • jenovaprojekt00
    jenovaprojekt00 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I can't help but chuckle every time I see someone say the words, "nut butter." Teehee.
  • Levesque_7
    Options
    i actually like sunbutter
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    Read the ingredients (nut butters typically have only 1-3 ingredients: nuts, oil salt) ...

Nutella?

*Sugar *Vegetable Oil *Hazelnuts(13%) *Fat Reduced Cocoa(7.4%) *Skimmed Milk Powder(6.6%) *Whey Powder *Emulsifier: Lecithins(soya) *Vannilin

(that means there's more sugar than ANYTHING ELSE, and then OIL ... THEN hazelnuts ... really? ICK! this isn't nut butter, it's sugar oil butter!)

if i'm eating sugar and cocoa, i'm going high quality, not some crap in a jar (speaking personally for my own taste) ...

save your sugar and carb fix for something worthy of it!

That's why it's so tasty. Yum!

I looked up the ingredients and had an "I'm sorry to disagree with you" post all ready for jonnythan on the "little difference in the nutrition of nut butters" comment with regards to nutella...

However, one little ingredient and looking at PB changed my mind...and that's the mineral powder.

PB's really don't offer a lot micronutritionally anyway, at least in any density for a typical serving. So really with some minerals added, for 190 or so calories there's not a whole lot of real world difference in your body...
  • jennasuper
    Options
    OMG...Yum! I love all three !! Decisions... Decisions... :ohwell:
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Oh Yum! These are staples in my diet and I love all three:)
    They are pretty compatible when I'm only having a tablespoon and looking at my macros; basically they're mainly a source of fat with similar calorie content.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    this stuff wins the internet to get this thread back on track...

1381451217488_ChocolateCoconut.540w.jpg

Yup!
  • emily356
    emily356 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/514fIvL3juL.AA500_PIbundle-6,TopRight,0,0_AA500_SH20_.jpg

Boo! I don't know how to post pictures, but this Dark Chocolate Dreams PB wins everything from me!!! It is unbelievably awesome!!! I actually love most nut butters, and keep about 4 in my pantry at all times.:bigsmile:
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    cwyVApo.jpg
  • ztaitaifufu
    ztaitaifufu Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    i like almond butter but natural pb is great too! im weird so my favourite part is the hard part at the end of the jar it reminds me of marzipan but earthy? tasting (hehe). nutella is so so bad for you.. it's full of palm oil and sugar. but's a desert anyway
    pb2 isn't that processed i don;t think- they just remove the fat- but that's a big part of why pb is good for you so kind of pointless unless you love the flavour of pb but cant not eat the whole jar or something....
  • Americannabis
    Options
    CookieButter.jpg

ETA: spread this stuff on one saltine, spread nutella on another saltine, make a sandwich with them, eat, repeat, thank me via PM.

My girlfriend is hardcore hooked on this stuff and yes, it's really delicious and makes me wish I was looking to gain so I could eat a whole jar in one sitting.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options

Now, if we can get a sunflower seed Nutella....

make it yourself. add cacao and some sweetener if you need it (honey or syrup?)
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Which one do I choose??
    Not really interested in PB2 because it seems like its highly processed... unless I have been misinformed

Any nut butter! Try homemade, it's not hard. If not buy organic. 1 or 2 tbsp a day it's perfect
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    all of them. At the same time. Need. Spoon. Now.