When you want something sweet what do you reach for?

Options

Replies

• knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Usually a high quality dark chocolate but sometimes a honey crisp apple is just the thing.
  • obmckenzie
    obmckenzie Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I reach for my favorite fat bombs : http://screwedonstraight.net/keto-diet-peanut-butter-cup-fat-bombs/

I make mine smaller then in that recipe so I get to have 2. Sometimes I have 2 to up my fat content. They are a wonderfully bitter/sweet taste!
  • jbrixe00
    jbrixe00 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hunt's 100 calorie pudding!
  • watchmeshrink16
    watchmeshrink16 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Gum, grapes, and ice cream (sometimes).
  • raxelita
    raxelita Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    -Shake with Vanilla Protein Powder, Almond Milk, Cocoa powder, ice

-shake with banana, almond milk, almond butter, ice

-plain yogurt with a tbs of lemon curd or jam

-hot chocolate made with almond milk, a little honey, cocoa

-chocolate steel cut oatmeal (mash up a banana and cook it up with the oats for sweetness)

-baked apple w/ a tbs butter, spices, tbs maple

-chocolate sorbet
  • gatecityradio
    Options
    Smart ones sundaes. Fruttare bars are good. SF Pudding is good. Yogurt comes in all kinds of flavors, even chocolate.
  • strunch
    strunch Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Mint tea with clover honey.
  • mymuffin88
    mymuffin88 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    HARD CANDY -- a whole pack of Lifesavers has only about 100 calories, and they melt slowly, so will last a whole day -- 10 calories each. CremeSavers and Werther's are about 200 cal./whole pack. (It's easy to eat only one, also, but also can feel really decadent in indulging in the whole package, which is not an easy feat, and does not easily cause any damage to weight!) Other individually wrapped hard candies have 20-25 calories in almost all cases. See's Candies makes some outstanding hard candies, including a chocolate flavor, wrapped individually, and sold in packages. For sugar-free sweets, GoLightly and Eda's both taste good, and have an extensive variety, including chocolate and chocolate combinations.

GUM (sugar-free or regular) -- if I have to chew on something for 5-10 minutes.
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Sometimes if you're low on iron you crave chocolate. Good luck!
    I used to HATE chocolate and ice-cream. Ever since I started this new way of life back in August--I constantly crave chocolate and I crave ice-cream. Someone told me to take magnesium--so I have. I don't get it. Why out of 37years have I disliked something that I now crave? (and no....I'm not pregnant! lol). So, I have Dove chocolates and Hersheys Simple Pleasures---but I can't just have one. If I have one I have 5. I'm trying to replace with fruit and yogurt. Oh...and Dannon Light/Fit Greek Yogurt has a new flavor--Chocolate Raspberry, and it is only 80 calories.
  • jjscholar
    jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Some times I will have Nutella on multi-grain bread rounds. The calories are not too bad at 200 per serving. I also like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. In addition, I love blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and oranges. Finally, I do have the Fiber One bars and other meal replacement bars.

As far as cake, pie, ice cream, candy, and donuts are concerned, I avoid those items at all cost. Eating cake, pie, ice cream, candy, and donuts for me is like giving a crack head crack...
  • KuroKitty
    Options
    I usually eat what I'm craving just try to watch how much of it I eat because with me even if I substitute anything that I'm craving for with something else I just want it more later. Just take into consideration calories and amount. There's a reason I don't keep bags of the fun size Reese's in my house they would usually be gone in one day.
    I know it probably doesn't help a lot but depriving yourself just makes it worse usually
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I'm one to believe you should eat what you want in moderation. If it fits, eat it,

If you MUST have a lower calorie option i go for a skinny cow ice cream sandwich (140 cals), little mini thing of ben n jerry's (around 200 cals depending on the flavor), or something the hershey's bliss. chocolates (220 cals for 6 peices, sometimes i'll only have 2 or 3).
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I keep a candy dish with different sugar free hard candies. Usually Werthers and Life-Savers. A cup of diet Swiss Miss helps my chocolate craving. Sugar free Jello pudding cups are usually in my fridge. I do try to reach for fruit first, but sometimes fruit won't do.
  • Goal179
    Goal179 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I just love these muffins. THey are delicious. Because they have real chocolate chips, it really goes a long way towards satisfying chocolate cravings. Give it a try. I make a batch of mini muffins (about 24 of them) and that cuts the calories down by 1/3 and I can pop just one with some cold water or almond milk and be in good shape or I can eat three or four. Just depends on how snacky I am. Let me know if you try it and how you like it.

http://dashingdish.com/recipe/triple-chocolate-chunk-muffins/
  • Dreya711
    Dreya711 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Pretty much anything Skinny Cow...I have one daily!
  • lisa35120
    lisa35120 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    A banana or other fruit, maybe some peanut butter or nutella if I have enough extra calories, or frozen yogurt. If I'm really craving sugar and don't have enough calories, I will eat a small scoop of cool whip.. some people might think that's weird but I really like it when I need a quick sugar fix.
  • 1cafeaulait
    1cafeaulait Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    So many options! I thought I loved MFP - now I know I do! Thanks for all of these suggestions. I will not deprive myself! I had one Dove mint dark chocolate swirl at 44 calories tonight and it hit the spot!
  • 13suzie
    13suzie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Dried figs
    Banana Dippers
    Banana pieces sauteed in a pan until they are really soft and the sugar carmelizes
  • amandakev88
    amandakev88 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    a chocolate bar. admittedly i have never been the type to be able to just have a single square. i just track it and try to eat more veggies that day. the amazing desserts at restaurants always get me.. like the hot brownie with ice cream and whipped cream and sauce or that hot cookie with ice cream.. fml.. its tough. but i also REALLY love a good fruit salad. like a GOOD fruit salad. has to have like every kind in it.. put a little bit of light cool whip on top and its just as good if not better than the stuff i mentioned earlier. im also a sucker for chewy candy like gummy bears and stuff like that.. those five cent candies at the store get me everytime when im drunk! lol
  • amandakev88
    amandakev88 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    nutella on white bread has been a weakness forever. refuse to give it up.