Let's put some humor in the process!

Options
Hi, I'm a 50+ gal living in SoCal and would love to use this tool not just to lose weight, but to be accountable for WHAT I PUT IN MY MOUTH! I'd love to have a little humor with this process, encouragement when I eat that entire bag of something bad and cyber cheers when I reach a milestone. And...I will do the same for you! Love to have the support and love to give it!

Replies

• Kblady1
    Kblady1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I would love a little humor along the way;) I have three kids (two teenagers) so humor is much appreciated along this journey...trying to lose 50lbs but with every argument with my son I want to reach for the nearest food item and shovel it in my mouth! Feel free to friend me.
  • SugarLou57
    SugarLou57 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Me too please - also with the 50+ to lose, emotional / bored eater, new grandmother (3 under 2) and properly medicated so no real problems. It's hard enough to stay away from the pumpkin muffins I could use a laugh with someone who understands that life is too serious to be so serious.
  • sargessexyone
    sargessexyone Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I am a 46 yr old stay at home Mom. My other half works nights so I have little to no adult conversation. Laughing has got be one of my favorite things so sign me up.
  • sargessexyone
    Options
    If you like pumpkin muffins you should try mixing 1 box of spice cake mix and a can and a can of pumpkin puree. Bake at 375 for about 10 mins. I'm new to MFP so I haven't been able to get a totally accurate calorie count but they are very healthy and delicious.
  • SugarLou57
    SugarLou57 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I can read "recent posts" very often; some of these people are just mean! I hopped in here to MFP because I know from experience that the diary is something that works for me, and this one has already got lots of what I eat recorded so it's super easy to do. I expected to see postings from a few gym rat know-it-alls, and some sad miserable people who really need a friend, but I didn't expect mean.

Anyway, enough about that - for today my exercise was chasing the cats around trying to get them FURMINATED so I can vacuum (which always works up a sweat). Thanks to MLK I have the day off and time to be lurking around online and catching up on my reading between laundry loads.

Oh, and the Pumpkin Muffin thing - my grocery store carries these muffins with the most excellent frosting; I have plenty of alternatives that are really good but those store muffins start calling my name whenever I'm in the store. I can hear them calling from way across in the produce section. Every time I see them in stock and I leave without them I consider it a HUGE win in the psychological warfare of waist vs muffins.

Why doesn't Broccoli call me?
  • sargessexyone
    Options
    I feel ya on the mean people thing. You would think that since everyone is here (good health) everyone would be more supportive and helpful. Just because you don't agree with someone else's opinions doesn't mean you have to be nasty about it.

Also feeling you on the animals. I have 3 dogs and a 5 yr old. To keep my floors clean enough to make my other half happy I would literally have to sweep every 2 hrs. While that would make for a good calorie burn I'm lucky if I get it swept once a day.

As for the muffins, great job for building up your resistance to them. I do highly reccomend the recipe I gave you. You can use any cake mix but the spice cake tastes more like pumpkin and you can eat them plain or top them with whip cream, nutella, cream cheese, you get the idea.
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    I'm in for some chuckles.
  • bkw99508
    bkw99508 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Another recipe to try is mixing crushed pineapple with angel food cake mix. Very very gooooood.....
  • 62smt
    62smt Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Count me in,
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Humor would be great I have 100+ to lose. Also support is always appreciated. Of course when you reach a milestone I will internet clap and throw confetti plus cheer, but you can't celebrate without the confetti.
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    [quote

Why doesn't Broccoli call me?
    [/quote]

love this lol

i have a group feel free to join us

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/18785-motivation-support-and-accountability
  • Christine_120
    Options
    I'd love to add a sense of humor to this process! Sometimes people take themselves way too serious. No fun.:laugh:
  • lmhbuss
    lmhbuss Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! Add me tooooo! I am sometimes funny, but mostly I just like it when other people are. :)
  • wrenegade64
    wrenegade64 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Brenda.....your attitude ROCKS...I'm lovin it....LETS DO THIS!!!!!:bigsmile: