Sugar vs. splenda

Options
I'm just curious, who prefers sugar over splendid (or any other sweetener)? I have read some interesting topics on the bad effects of sweeteners on the body. I am a coffee drinker and can't seem to rid myself of the sugar and creamer. What are your thoughts or suggestions?

Replies

• cynthiapullin5
    Options
    I used to use Splenda but then switched to Truvia. It took a little while to get used to but I love it and can't stand Spenda.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I prefer sugar because of the taste. At 15 calls for a teaspoon, it's nothing to be concerned about as long as you don't over do it.

ETA: that said, I take my coffee black. I do use sugar in tea, though.
  • donnat238
    donnat238 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I did use Splenda and decided that I was using too much 3-4 per cup of coffee and I might have a couple of cups of coffee per day. I switched to Truvia and use 1 per cup now. I don't seem to crave sweets or carbs as much now.
  • fxg20
    fxg20 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    The approved artificial sweeteners are approved because the scientific consensus is that they are safe. That said, if you prefer sugar you should go ahead and use it as long as it fits in with your calorie goals.

I have come to prefer the artificial sweeteners over the years, I can barely stand a full sugar Coke any more.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Splenda has way less carbs than sugar. I have eaten artificial sweetener for 28 years and have yet to develop a tumor-so....
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    If you want to use a sweeteners go with Stevia. It's 100% natural I believe.