At Home Work Outs

Options
Hey everyone,
I can't afford a gym membership, and I usually just go for long runs outside. But since we had an ice storm/winter and my trend mill bit the dust, I'm not sure what kind of cardio I can do.
I'm looking for suggestions, I do yoga already at home, but I want to make sure I have 45 minutes of cardio 5 times a week. That's what I normally do. I have tried Zumba and a few others but does anyone have any other suggestions?
I'm looking for something different, Thanks!

Replies

• 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Bumping this for the responses... was about to post the same thing.

I do go to the gym and mix up treadmill and the bike but sometimes I just don't feel like going there. I thought I would stay more motivated if I could do something at home on the days the weather was crappy or whatever.

My cable company does have some videos on demand but I checked the out but a lot of them are pretty corny.. lots of bouncing, kicking sorta thing... like 80's Richard Simmons or Jazzercise.
  • mertzk14
    Options
    Blogilates.com has some intense HIIT workouts. You can find some of the cardio workouts on her Youtube channel. She also has printables on her blog that you can do at home or at the gym! I've been using her at home workouts for about 4 months so far and I really enjoy them!
  • kagevf
    kagevf Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    i just got the right home workout for you. add me up or msg me
  • kristyrae24
    kristyrae24 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have only ever done home workouts. I started off doing Shaun T's Rockin' Body DVDs then went to his Hip Hop Abs (loved them both). I'm currently now doing jillian Michaels 30 Day shred and also getting some different cardio/strength workouts off of youtube on the fitnessblender channel (FREE!!) The first level of 30DS is also on youtube so you can try it out before buying it also. BTW, highly recommend everything I have done, Shaun T is an amazing motivator and very fun! I love 30DS as well--Jillian is kind of bland so I usually turn volume off and play a CD instead, but its a great workout! Hope this helps :)
  • Dboggs166
    Dboggs166 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I stopped going to the gym after my second son was born 4 months ago and started working out at home to Jillian Michaels DVDs. I have had such great results that I canceled my gym membership. You can see a few workouts on YouTube.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love my Leslie Sansone's Ultimate 5 day walk plan. I lost a lot of weight doing this video ( I tracked it versus my weight lost and for me, I was burning 200 calories per 15 minute mile). Leslie is upbeat and it was a great way to start my day. I have stopped doing it because I am now lifting and trying to build muscle, but I miss it.
  • Smashley1947
    Options
    Doing anything at home is beneficial.

I have a jump rope and got some free weights for Christmas to use. Running up and down stairs, jumping jacks, ab exercises.

A few idea anyways.
  • blackgold86
    blackgold86 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    http://neilarey.com/workouts.html

Found this today.. Could be a good goal to try 3 a week?
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    The Be fit in 90 channel on Youtube is great!
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    My favorites, aside from various yoga, are any of Jillian's workouts (30DS, Yoga Inferno, and No More Trouble Zones are my favorites from her), Insanity, and Chalean Extreme
  • sue_stef
    sue_stef Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    second the Leslie Sansone videos they are on you tube and are fabulous
    what I like best is they are not difficult to do the steps you do not feel like you are always behind (I am terrible at dancing)
    she also has many different ones to chose from
  • Jillian130
    Jillian130 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    As was mentioned earlier, the BeFit Channel on YouTube is great. Try BeFit in 30 Extreme. Also, I really love www.fitnessblender.com. Under the workouts tab, click full length videos. It has everything from low impact cardio, HIIT, circuit training, yoga, pilates, strength training, you name it. Over 200 videos to choose from. I love it! No gym for me when it's free at home!
  • MelissaDonahue12
    MelissaDonahue12 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have used multiple websites...FitnessBlender.com, Zuzkalight.com, Bodyrock.tv, they are all great. Also, you can find a ton of workouts by just going on YouTube.
  • alina171
    alina171 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try www.fitnessblender.com.

They have a huge variety of workouts for a variety of fitness levels - and they all free. I've bought their 8 week plan (cost me just over $AUD 10, which basically builds an exercise plan for this period, and I'm very happy about it. Third week in and I see great results.

Highly recommend it! It is excellent for someone who gets bored with the same old routine , like myself.
  • piquantlypurple
    Options
    I love Turbofire by Chalene Johnson. I'm doing a custom version of that program and the first time I did it I lost 25 pounds. Hoping to lose those same 25 pounds again since I regained them :-(